+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City

In my opinion, the show turned really LAME when Sarah Jessica Parker became pregnant, the story lines were stupid ( I could NOT stand Mikhail Barishnakov (sp?)), the Carrie character turned whiny, sort of arrogant, too, just really different....

I agree, Firestorm, but that's when Miranda's character really, really became stellar. Her performances in the last season were heart wrenching and beautiful.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my opinion, the show turned really LAME when Sarah Jessica Parker became pregnant
    When did Carrie become pregnant? I don't remember that.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I liked Aidan & I liked Berger (HOTTIE!) best I think.
    I liked Aidan a lot, too, although I agree that in the first season, he was kinda blah looking (a little doughy and stringy hair and beer bellyish), but he was soooo sweet to her. Berger--the actor who plays him is definitely a cutie. BUT I thought the character was really whiny and insecure. How he reacted to Carrie's "scrunchy" remark was sooooooooooooo annoying. I've dated guys in the past whose egoes had to constantly be puffed up and I'll tell you, it grew old so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    When did Carrie become pregnant? I don't remember that.
    She didn't. I think the original poster was referring to when the show went on brief hiatus while SJP was pregnant in real life. There were a few months of no show while she recuperated and got her pre-baby body back.

In my opinion, the show turned really LAME when Sarah Jessica Parker became pregnant, the story lines were stupid ( I could NOT stand Mikhail Barishnakov (sp?)), the Carrie character turned whiny, sort of arrogant, too, just really different....
    Yeah, I loved Misha the ballet dancer but his role on S&TCity was annoying. He was so selfish and annoying (and short). When she gave up the chance to go to her book party in France 'cause he asked her to go to his opening with him--and then abandoned her at the party--I knew it was a bad, bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    She didn't. I think the original poster was referring to when the show went on brief hiatus while SJP was pregnant in real life. There were a few months of no show while she recuperated and got her pre-baby body back.
    Or, they actually filmed the beginning of the last season while SJP was pregnant. Remember that dismal girl's weekend to Atlantic City where there was tension between all 4 of them but they wonderfully made up by the end (snoozefest season opener, if i remember correctly.) They spent that part of the season doing really boring shows while they were trying to hide SJP's body in these bizarre outfits and shots and the episodes were just a little *off.* Then yes, the brief hiatus threw it a little further off kilter.

Hated Mikhail Barishnikov's character and thought that relationship was completely improbable. He was just so distant and rude... he was everything to the nth degree that she disliked about Big.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Remember that dismal girl's weekend to Atlantic City where there was tension between all 4 of them but they wonderfully made up by the end (snoozefest season opener, if i remember correctly.) They spent that part of the season doing really boring shows while they were trying to hide SJP's body in these bizarre outfits and shots and the episodes were just a little *off.* Then yes, the brief hiatus threw it a little further off kilter.
    Ooh, good point Broadway. And yes, I'm guessing SJP preggo is thinner than me normal.

Not for nothing, but I hated Richard. I didn't think the actor who played him (James Remar) was particularly charming either--seemed kinda like a crass duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh type of guy. When Samantha cheated on Smith with a quickie with him again (Richard, I mean), I was thinking, "WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?!!!" (I've always likes Jason Lewis) I don't know how probable it is in real life that a hottie like Smith would stay with Samantha, esp. when she was resisting him for so long, but I thought it made for a really sweet storyline.

I read in some rag that when SJP was doing press to promote her latest film--heck, what's it called...the Get Out of the House movie with Matthew McCon-a-hee (sorry, can't spell him name)--someone asked her if the S&TC movie was killed because of Kim Catrell and she basically said, YUP.

Broadway wrote:

They spent that part of the season doing really boring shows while they were trying to hide SJP's body in these bizarre outfits and shots and the episodes were just a little *off.* Then yes, the brief hiatus threw it a little further off kilter.
    Bingo!!

Lois Lane wrote:

I read in some rag that when SJP was doing press to promote her latest film--heck, what's it called...the Get Out of the House movie with Matthew McCon-a-hee (sorry, can't spell him name)--someone asked her if the S&TC movie was killed because of Kim Catrell and she basically said, YUP.
    Yeah, she pretty much admitted the S&TC movie was killed because of Kim when SJP was on Larry King a couple months ago. I think they even considered trying to do it without her (Kim), but decided against it (I read that somewhere)....

(P.S.) The newest SJP movie with Mr.McCon-a-hee is "Failure To Launch"

(P.S.) The newest SJP movie with Mr.McCon-a-hee is "Failure To Launch"

Thank you! I'm glad she's doing well after S&TC!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I heard that Kim Catrell wanted the same amount of money that SJP was getting to do the film... Kim REALLY needs to get over herself!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    I heard that Kim Catrell wanted the same amount of money that SJP was getting to do the film... Kim REALLY needs to get over herself!

RIGHT?! Absolutely. She wasn't the star of the show. That's the thing I don't understand--cast members wanting to get equal pay when they're not the stars. She should be thankful she had a job for as long as she did! (Although I did enjoy her on the show.)

Did you guys ever see Christina Aguilera when she was on "Saturday Night Live?" They did a "S&TC" spoof and she played Samantha--she had the whole droll voice down pat. She was really, really funny (esp. since none of the three other comedians sounded even remotely like the other gals on the show).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast