+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City

I love this show, i find it to be very fun!!! I recently got into it while watching on TBS, I really enjoy it! Two thumbs up from me!

FORT Fogey
    Love or hate the chracters I can tell one thing for sure: All four of them are SOOOO New York. You can meet women like this all the time on the streets of New York!

The "Hamptons" girl Charlotte, the fashion Carrie, the flirty and never getting old Samantha and corporate Miranda who holds tight to her job but REALLY wants to have fun. This is sooo New York!

Come to New York and see for yourself. You'll love it here!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I just wanted to put my two cents in, since I just started watching it now that it's in syndication on WB (in my area)...

I love the 4 friends, too... the fact that they're so different from one another, and yet love each other for who they are as individuals.

Carrie does really irritate me in a few ways... I think some of her behavior patterns are like high school girls! Sometimes, I want to yell through the TV at her! "Hey, Girl, ya know why you're still single??? You're act like an a$$ around men!"

I think the thing that irritated me the most was that she sabotaged the relationship with Aiden! I would have KILLED for a man like Aiden in my life! He was so sweet to her, and she treated him like crap (the episodes that I've seen, anyway)

I really liked Miranda and Charlotte for who they are... their different personalities made the show interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on Samantha... how can anyone have that much sex with that many men and not end up with a zillion STDs??

Well, I just had to dig this thread out and voice a few opinions...
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

I think the thing that irritated me the most was that she sabotaged the relationship with Aiden! I would have KILLED for a man like Aiden in my life! He was so sweet to her, and she treated him like crap (the episodes that I've seen, anyway
    ITA. I, too watch this show all the time "On Demand".. I actually didn't like Aidan the first time he was on, he was a little yucky looking, but the second tiime around, whoa, loved him. Carrie treated him like poo, and he was so good to her...The scene where he and Carrie are all dressed up, walking home from the "Black and White Ball" and Aidan wants to fly to Vegas to get married, Carrie's like "NO!! NO!!" and I'm like, "I'll go with ya Aidan!"

The guy who played Aidan, John Corbett, apparently is a country singer now and has a new single out they play on the radio all the time (around here anyway)..I saw the video on CMT, and he seems to have gained the weight back, and has real long hair again..bleah (Oh, his real life girlfriend is Bo Derek too, who appears in the end of the video)

I have a pet peeve...about Miranda's baby...Um, she named the baby Brady Hobbs. I understand she and Steve weren't yet married when Brady was born, but why would she do that??!! It bothers the heck out of me... In reality his name is Brady Brady. If she really wanted to honor Steve when the kid was born, why not let him go by his real last name anyway--Brady, and give him a different first name!!!?
    Ugh....

I wasn't able to watch this until after it got off cable, but I do enjoy the retuns. Chris Noth, BTW, is on one of the Law and Order shows, I believe. Everytime I see him I expect Carrie to show up. And Noth to light up a cigar in the police cruiser.

There's just so much on tonight. I missed it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    The guy who played Aidan, John Corbett, apparently is a country singer now and has a new single out they play on the radio all the time (around here anyway)..I saw the video on CMT, and he seems to have gained the weight back, and has real long hair again..bleah (Oh, his real life girlfriend is Bo Derek too, who appears in the end of the video)
    Really? I didn't realize he was a singer, too... I've really liked him since way back in the "Northern Exposure" days. I think he's just delish!

Wow! Bo Derek is his girlfriend? She must be pushin' 60 (years old) by now! Kudos to her for nabbin' a hunk like John!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

I liked Carrie til she broke Adrian's heart. Wasn't that his name?

He seemed like the perfect man, though. Strong, handsome, nurturing, giving. He redid her apartment and Carrie goes running after selfish, cheating Mr Big, because he has more money. Bah.

My favorite was Charlotte because, confused as she was she always tried to do the right thing.

I guess I'm in the minority, I'm not much of a "Mr. Big" fan.

I liked Aidan & I liked Berger (HOTTIE!) best I think.

Wow! Bo Derek is his girlfriend? She must be pushin' 60 (years old) by now! Kudos to her for nabbin' a hunk like John!
    They've been a couple for a good while (3 years?). She has to be up there in age, but hey, good for her.

I guess I'm in the minority, I'm not much of a "Mr. Big" fan.

I liked Aidan & I liked Berger (HOTTIE!) best I think.
    See my post just above yours

Bo Derek can't be anywhere near 60! She was only a teen when she met John Derek. I'd say more like 50ish. Yes she looks great.

Hmm, she was born in 1956. So she's not 60.

Bo Derek's IMDB page

I remember watching this show when it first started, then I was without HBO all the way through the entire series. I was only able to see a few episodes through DVDs, and I loved them. I've seen more than half of the series to this point (and I can't stand to watch the cut versions on broadcast TV).

I liked all the characters, except for Carrie in the last two seasons. She just came off as whiny, needy and self-centered. As for Mr. Big... well, this is where my Chris Noth fangirl crush began.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast