+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: there are not enough vcrs

there are not enough vcrs

man, my tv viewing schedule is all jacked up this season. i have 2 vcrs so i can handle most days, but some are impossible.

mondays are working out where i either watch "everybody loves raymond" when it airs or just skip it altogether and pick it up on reruns in syndication... tonight it's competing with "american idol" and "everwood". next monday it's doing the same thing, except in place of "AI" it's competing with "celebrity bootcamp"... a can't miss.

tuesdays are the worst for me with "that 70s show" on at 7-7:30 on fox, "8 simple rules" on at the same time on abc, and "buffy" on from 7-8 on upn." luckily "smallville" has no competition from 8-9.

wednesdays... well, this wednesday there's only "my wife and kids" and "the bachelor". nothing on another station to compete with. but next wednesday they throw "dawson's creek" (yeah, i admit that i love teeny bopper shows like this) and "TAR 3" in the mix. luckily, my 2 vcrs can handle it if i don't have another "user error" in setting the times and channels.

thursdays suck almost as badly as tuesdays for me. nbc gets one vcr from 7-8:30 with "friends", "scrubs" and "will & grace." cbs gets a vcr from 7-8 for "survivor" then abc gets a vcr from 8-9 for "push, nevada" so that pretty much screws me over for "do over" on wb from 7:30 - 8. grrrrrrrrr. must.find.a.way.

fridays are easy. i've not watched "john doe" and i'm not sure it's worth watching. however, i am going to give that other back in time show on abc a chance ("that was then"), but no prob on recording it.

saturdays suck entirely. they always have, they always will. not one thing on i want to watch.

and sundays with "american dreams" on nbc from 7-8 and "alias" on abc from 8-9, i'm fine with no recording.

i need some cancellations of shows to take place....
    i'll never sit and watch all of these. however, with all of the programs i'll have recorded, i guess i know what i'll be doing on that "nothing on tv to watch" saturday. i see my monthly blockbuster bill going down quite a bit!

is anyone else having this same problem???!

It's a bad season for choosing shows to watch. I also have 2 vcr's, and I'm gonna be putting them through their paces this season.

Tonight, it's either my favorite football team (the Bucs) on MNF, or 2 new shows of ELR. I'll be missing AI, and I never planned to watch Everwood... But still.

Wednesday at 9pm are the very worst scheduling clustermuck I've seen in a long while. Scheduling executive heads oughta roll this season.

John

yeah, i fear i'll be dropping a lot of shows this season. i used to only watch a couple of shows, then i come here and you guys all watch different shows, so i have to watch those as well so i can participate in conversations.

i have to watch everwood. you must understand that i'm missing out on alot of emotional turmoil that i once had with ally, once and again and felicity.

Do you ever get to the point where you think "sod it" and don't bother watching anything?

I have a feeling a number of the new shows will be cancelled this season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    Do you ever get to the point where you think "sod it" and don't bother watching anything?
    oh yeah... more frequently than not. i'd be alright just watching smallville, buffy and friends at this point. however, if i did that, what good would i be to any of you here at FORT?

watching tv shouldn't be like work.

*edited b/c i had a moronic moment
    Last edited by sher; 09-23-2002 at 04:56 PM.

We'd still love ya sher!
    I must admit though, I found reality tv forums after getting addicted to BB. Never saw Survivor before Africa... now Thursdays are screwed for me as I still like Friends!
    LG turned me onto The Sheild, now I HAVE to watch it too! Thank goodness I don't have HBO, or I'd have even more shows I'd have to watch
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

awwww, thanks cali!

you know, i've not watch survivor since the original! but i caught the first epi of this season and we all know that means i won't be able to stop....IF i can find what channel and what night!

LG.
    Yes, I've made it my personal mission to recruit people to The Shield, so Cali is one of my minions and we'll yak about that show like crazy when new episodes start up again in January. And Sher, you're so right, sometimes I do pick my viewing based on what I'd like to discuss with you guys in here.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

okay, i've never seen the shield and have no idea what it is or what it's about...

that being said, LG, see my first post regarding my dilemma with my 2 vcrs and my 47,000 shows that come on at EXACTLY the same times!

unless the shield shows on saturday, i don't think i can squeeze it in to my already otherwise hectic life of watching tv.

If it's like last year it's on Mondays at 10pm on FX, but also repeated sometime during the week... I think.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast