+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Prison Break

In the preview, didn't we see
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sucre finaolly catch up with Marisol?

Yes, Kim... we did!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I love Wednesdays because it's when Ausiello at tv guide as new scoop. Sometimes the spoilers aren't right, but it's fun anyway.

Here's some scoop for next season (http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...default.aspx):

Click to see Spoiler:
    ...series creator Paul Scheuring also told me that a new female series regular will be added to the cast next season. "She is Michael's equal in terms of intelligence," he revealed of the not-yet-cast newbie. "And she would seem to be coming down on the side of good initially, but there will be questions [about] whether that's a facade. And she'll be a love interest for one of our characters." (My guess? Pucker up, Linc!) Scheuring also spilled that "90 percent" of the conspiracy will (thankfully) be wrapped up by the end of this season. "The audience will definitely get closure. It'll feel like this is the endgame of the story, and yet there will be a few unanswered questions."
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I am so glad that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they will tentatively clear up most of the conspiracy mystery. That is such good news because, while I like it, I also think at times it has detracted significantly from this show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Wasn't there a spoiler that said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Linc and Michael would wind up back in Fox River prison? I seem to remember that. That can't be good for Sara or them.

I love this show but I have to tell you its like Jack Bauer sometimes just so far fetched.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I finally saw the epsiode and loved it. I thought the kiss between the white doctor and the biracial escapee was super hot!

Sorry, I just had to get my point across! I just think it's funny that everyone's calling Mr. Kim the "Asian guy" when the character is an American of Asian ethnicity. (It's just a peeve of mine because it's something I used to mistakenly do and am now ashamed that I didn't know any better.)

I'm totally sick of T-Bag. I think the actor is simply fantastic in making me hate the character so much, but seeing the previews of the woman locked up just gives me the creeps. Very "Silence of the Lambs." I wish her son was bigger and could knock the creep out!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2237896;
    Sorry, I just had to get my point across! I just think it's funny that everyone's calling Mr. Kim the "Asian guy" when the character is an American of Asian ethnicity. (It's just a peeve of mine because it's something I used to mistakenly do and am now ashamed that I didn't know any better.)
    *OT* You know... sometimes I think people are just using it as a descriptor, and not a racial reference. Where it is okay to describe someone as a tall man with black hair, blue eyes, and a mole on his cheek... it should also be perfectly fine to describe someone as a tall black man with black hair, blue eyes, and a mole on his cheek. It's strictly an additional identifier, not any kind of negative stereotype or connotation.

Back on topic..... I agree about TBag. Sometimes creepy does get too creepy. It's difficult to watch him these days.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2238797;
    sometimes I think people are just using it as a descriptor, and not a racial reference. Where it is okay to describe someone as a tall man with black hair, blue eyes, and a mole on his cheek... it should also be perfectly fine to describe someone as a tall black man with black hair, blue eyes, and a mole on his cheek. It's strictly an additional identifier, not any kind of negative stereotype or connotation.
    Oh no, I didn't think anyone meant it in a racist way--I would've been the first one to call them out on that. And it is used, I'm sure, as a description of the character. But no one would describe Sucre as African (even though he is African-American), but we still have no problems referring to Asian-Americans as "Asian" (which implies (subconsciously perhaps?) that we still consider them foreign, rather than American). Perhaps part of the thing is that we refer to African-Americans as blacks; and caucasians as whites...but it's not proper to refer to Asian-Americans as "yellows." So while we may talk about that white guy with one hand (T-Bag), we can't really say that yellow guy with no morals (Mr. Kim). Anyhow, back on point...Mr. Kim is an evil bastard and I hope he gets taken out soon. I love to watch him sweat and would love to see Kellerman wipe the smirk off his face!! It seems that his character was written a lot smarter when he first appeared. Now he appears to be perplexed all the time and unsure of what to do. Kind of like Mahoney, who was so confident in the beginning but is now just grasping at straws. But yeah, they've got to kill T-Bag off. He's just too creepy! And I, too, loved it when Sarah went ballistic on Kellerman. He had that coming!

+ Reply to Thread