+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 146 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Prison Break

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I am a definite fan! I feel like I'm watching a movie as opposed to a television show. The acting is superb! I am hanging on to every moment. And, by the way, the Warden wasn't shown a suggestive photo..........he was shown a photo of a child that he had fathered years before (that child is now dead....drug OD) during an affair. He told his wife (whom he adores) about the affair, but never told her about the child. He was never able to acknowledge the child (son), and now they are blackmailing him with threats to tell the wife. I thought for a minute that he was going to suicide after he realized that he was being blackmailed, but that is still on hold, I guess. Now he's got the prison riot to contend with, and the picture is still in his home office.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Off topic: Wentworth Miller. This man is gorgeous, but then when he smiles? Not so much

Exactly what i thought.. Wentworth looks weird? when he smiles. He just needs to keep that serious face with the stare on 24/7 for me and i'd be happy

I'm also glad how Wentworth's character (Michael) is so amazing intelligent in the show.. oohh, smart and handsome

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I do wonder how far beyond one season they can take this, especially after they finally break out of this prison. One thing annoying about American series is that they tend to drag out shows way beyond their best days, instead of going out on high points, like many shorter but brilliant British series.

If they get out by the end of the season, won't the whole point of the series be over? If they don't get out, won't that be annoying for viewers who keep hanging on for a conclusion?
    I totally agree. It already seems kinda old.. Michael trys to break out, but something always happens to mess up his plans.. and this repeats. However, it's still going to entertaining while it lasts.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    And there's a natural deadline---the brother is going to die in a month...true, TV time is not real time, but there's a limit to how long you can drag out a month!
    I agree with you prhoshay--it does feel like you are watching a movie. I had it taped last night and was just going to watch a little of it so I could get to bed early...bad mistake! A real cliffhanger...don't see how they are going to rescue the dr. w/o giving away the escape plans, much less dealing with the newbie CO they've got in their cell now w/o killing him. I don't usually get that caught up in the woman in peril things when they are on TV (movies are different, so all emcompassing), but last night my heart was pounding for her.
    I can see I'll be watching at least til they escape. Last night he said the plan requires them to escape within 24 hours. So how many more shows can that be?
    Apologies to Medium fans! I haven't watched the other shows SnowflakeGirl mentioned, but I do watch that now and then, also Las Vegas. Not must see TV but enjoyable when seen. So yes, there is other stuff on on Mondays!

I hate To be Continued! argg!!
    Great show last night, hubby and I are hooked. I like the idea of these one season shows .. like Prison Break and Reunion. Like SFG said many shows outstay their welcome. Always leave 'em wanting more.

PWS my heart was pounding for the doctor too, all I could think of is what they will do to her when they finally gain access.. it's not like they are only after the keys to the drugs cabinet. As soon as that CO heard there were riots in A block he should have hussled the doc back to the infirmary.
    I hate that the little weasel wants in on the escape. I can't stand that character (says alot about the actor that he makes us hate him)
    All I was thinking last night was 'as if' the weasel had to bring the CO to Michael and Sucre's cell to have his way with him. If Michael didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all.
    Lincoln is hot h.o.t. hot! I wonder if he has the strength in him to fight of Mr. green wrist band?
    I can't wait for next week!

I just found this : This drama focuses on a prison designer who gets himself thrown into one of his own prisons to help his falsely accused brother escape death row. Described as in the vein of The Great Escape , the series will unfold over 22 episodes, charting the course of a single break.

I think 22 epis - 1 show = 1 day shouldn't be too bad to wait out.

Next week:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    While the riot intensifies, Abruzzi and Sucre join forces. Michael must decide whether or not to save the life of Dr. Tancredi.
    ______________________________ ______________________________

Article Comments: As for when the actual prison break takes place, the producers won't reveal, but when it does happen, quite a number of people will get out and scatter across the United States, each with an individual end to their storyline -- one for hope, one for love, one for exoneration and one for truth.

There are going to be some people on this escape that should not be on this escape, and we want them to fail every step of the way," says Executive Producer PAUL SCHEURING. "And they will continue to slip through the gauntlet, and we will continue to want them to get caught."

So.. the show won't only be the making of the escape we actually get to see what happens after the escape, this show is looking better and better to me!

Last edited by Duxxy; 09-27-2005 at 01:03 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

This show is well written and stays just below the "too freaky" line that would prevent me from watching. The two male leads are gorgeous and great in their roles. I can't stand the actress who plays the lawyer. She is ugly and unbelievable in the part. On the otherhand the doctor is great and though she plays down her looks is actually very attractive.

I expected this show to be much like "The Fugitive".

FORT Regular
    My favorite "drama" on television these days. Hope FOX doesn't get a wild hair and decide to cancel it (based on ratings so far this shouldn't happen...)

The last episode was really good, but now i have to wait a whole week to see what happens. No fair!

This show actually has potential to go beyond the prison walls. The whole murder conspiracy thing is what's going to take it to another level. From the beginning the goal was to get the brother out of jail and once they do escape jail, I don't think the show should be over. I want to see them solve the case, exhonorate the brother, uncover the conspiracy and drag it out for as long as possible.... just so I can stare at Wentworth Miller, oh, for another 3 or 4 more years. LOL.

Suspense of disbelief is definitely required when watching this show, but really I watched many a stupider show and this one definitely has a brain. I hope they don't cancel it!

Also, I just got my TV Guide and wowza! There's Wentworth on the cover....
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

This show actually has potential to go beyond the prison walls.
    Agreed, they've done a fair bit of back-story building with the other characters that will be escaping with them. Lots of good material to explore. I'm particularly interested in Abruzzi's story.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I hate To be Continued! argg!!
    Great show last night, hubby and I are hooked. I like the idea of these one season shows .. like Prison Break and Reunion. Like SFG said many shows outstay their welcome. Always leave 'em wanting more.
    Wait--so the show is only supposed to last one season? Did I misunderstand you, Duxxy?
    Last edited by PWS; 09-28-2005 at 10:42 AM.

FORT Fogey
    If it goes beyond the walls - which is wouldnt be that bad and has potential - but doesnt it become a reworking of the Fugitive.

+ Reply to Thread