+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Prison Break

FORT Regular
    Just thinking...If Sara does say something to someone about the prison guard uniform and the uniform is found, is it possible that the guard is accused of burning Michael?

I hope so! And I hope its that pit bull of a guard that has given so much grief to the prisoners. It would look good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I can't believe that this show is only an hour long. It has been a LONG time since I have wanted a show to keep going and going. I could sit in front of my TV for HOURS to watch just one extended episode. I love how nervous I get watching it, waiting to see what new plan they will try to execute next.

Obvious Twist: The body is too badly decomposed to see if the appendix was there or not, so someone HAD to switch the dental records. And the execution is back on. Doesn't that always seem to happen?

I was stunned to see their Dad. He's the one who anonymously placed the medical records under the judge's door. Makes me wonder who he is now.

I am still in overdrive this morning. I am sure more things will come to me throughout the day.
    Can someone recap? We missed the episode!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I'll try--it was so packed tho I'm sure I will leave out parts,so others please jump in.
    It opens with Linc about to be electrocuted... all hope lost... everyone looking tragic. Linc is looking at the people who are going to watch him die and behind Michael he sees someone he recognizes. Later we find out he thinks it was his dad. The warden says it was a newsman named...??..., anyway, the name of favorite ballplayer of Linc and his dad's that they used to go see at some stadium...maybe sports fans can fill in here if this is a real player... anyway, dad liked that he had a great work ethic. Linc doesn't recall this when he hears the name from the warden, but later has a kind of dream memory of going to a baseball game with his dad, where he sees this guy play. Basically everyone thinks Linc is nuts, as the dad has been gone (he left them) for many years, Michael doesn't even really recall him. The doc thinks he just imagined a comforting sight, his dad.
    As you can tell from that, the phone rings and the execution is off. The judge who turned them down before got an anon. copy of the autopsy reports on the supposed VP's brother's body and a hospital report from when the bro was 12 when he had his appendix removed. The body had an appendix. The original records of the appendix operation have long since been shredded, but the judge decides an exhumation is in order anyway. The VP does a nasty TV conference about the exhumation and is lurking and smirking right outside when the medical examiner meets with Linc's lawyers and says the dental records of the bro and the body match, and that because they had an ecological burial, in which everything is biodegradable, there isn't much left ot look at but teeth. No one suggests a DNA test and the lawyers seem to believe the ME who says a 2nd opinion would be the same as his. No one asks if the dental records of the bro could have been switched or any of 100 other questions I'd ask, but maybe they are stunned, or just being discrete in case the ME is on the payroll of the VP.
    Back to the dad--the bad guys look at videotape of the outside of the judge's office (he found the papers slipped under his door) and through a reflection get a close up of the guy who left them--it's the guy Linc thinks is his dad. One of the bad guy women says she knows that guy, but we don't hear how yet.
    Meanwhile Michael is planning new escape. There are several close calls--e.g., the wall in the guards' rec room where they've all been working and where the tunnel end is and where they've buried the concrete they dug up from the floor in some cases, starts to cave in and the concrete to spill out just as a guard is coming in, but they cope. During all this stuff the old guy and other black guy (not Michael's cell mate) bond over their love for their daughters--the black guy is faking that he is in Iraq not prison to his daughter and the old guy finds out by finding one of the fake postcards he's getting someone to send.
    For this escape to work Michael has to go to the psych ward because the pipes there are somewhat like the ones he wanted to use before. This is in a dif. part of the jail and he has to pop up out of a pipe in the middle of the exercise yard and walk over the psych ward. He does this by wearing a guard's uniform, which he gets from his cellmate's cousin (cute banter about who owes whom for covering up for childhood sins) who works in the laundry. Many narrow escapes later Michael seems to have found some tunnel entrance that interests him (altho I have no idea how they will get thier whole gang across the exercise yard and through about 3 buzz in doors to get to that part of the psych ward), and is on the way back when a guard comes into the tunnel to chug some alcohol. Michael is pressed up against a steam pipe or something to avoid discovery and is badly burned on his back shoulder blade. He gets back to his cell just in time to avoid the evening head count discovery I think (or else his roomie makes a dummy, not clear) and has the cellmate rip off the shirt which has somewhat melted into his flesh. He screams. He wakes up in the doc's office who has debrided the wound. After he leaves, telling the doc that his cellmate didn't do it, she points out to a colleague that the cloth she found in the wound is from a guard's uniform. Maybe she thinks a guard did it. Meanwhile the nasty guard and the warder are accusing the cellmate of having branded Michael. Cellmate says Michael seemed a little shaky earlier but didn't say anything, and that cellmate found M. passed out on the floor in the middle of the night. They don't beleive him.
    Back in the cell Michael takes off the bandages to look at the wound...a big portion of the diagrams is missing, including the tunnel diagrams they really needed as there are so many confusing layers of old pipes under the prison it is easy to get lost--old lead ones, old copper ones that replaced the lead, and now pvc ones that replaced the copper. M. says this is terrible, they will never get out now.
    That's all I can recall, back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I'll Try. I apologize in advance for not remembering all of the names

The episode starts with Lincoln in the chair. They very slowly show him being strapped in, the headpiece tightened. Very tense. Then you see a face in the viewing room and Lincoln keeps murmuring for Michael to turn around. Michael asks Veronica if she can make out the words but neither can. All of a sudden the light flashes on the emergency phone and the curtains are pulled. We come back to Michael and Veronica sitting in the waiting room questioning what happened. They have not heard anything since the curtain was drawn. All of a sudden, the warden comes in and apologizes for putting them through "this" and the Lincoln shuffles in. Veronica gets up and hugs him, but he seems almost catatonic. The warden says that Judge Kessler issued a stay because new evidence came to light, but when Michael asks how much time, there is no answer. Veronica leaves then to go see the judge. Lincoln asks Michael if he saw the man in the viewing room. He then states that it was their dad. Michael says he did not see him and how could Lincoln be sure.

Next scenes are all jumbled throughout for awhile, so I am going to break them down by category.

Veronica: She goes to see the judge. He shows them the new evidence that made him issue the stay. Someone sent him anonymously the ME's report and the VP's brother's medical records. The ME's report shows that the body had an intact Appendix, but the VP's brother had his removed years ago. The judge orders an exhumation of the body. Veronica and the guy lawyer (name is escaping me right now) go to the exhumation. Turns out the body was buried in the most eco-friendly way, which also means it was almost completely decomposed. So then they had to wait for dental records. By the time they show up, the records are the same for the corpse and the VP's brother.

The VP and the "Bad Guys": She is shown in a meeting with an aide and the FBI baddie discussing who could have given the judge the records. At first she thinks it is the dead FBI agent, but there is no way he could have done it. She talks about how much the judge's decision is hurting her family. We see her tell her staff member and the FBI guy to find out who did it. As the aide is leaving, she makes a weird comment about making sure to always stand when addressing her (the VP) We see the aide and the FBI guy checking out surveillance cameras of the man who dropped off the medical reports. His face is always hidden until they catch a reflection that shows as he is pushing the papers under the door. The aide states that she knows that man.

Lincoln: Lincoln is sent back to solitary where Sarah tends him for stress. He asks if there is anyway he might have imagined seeing something that wasn't there as he was about to be executed. She said she believes that he suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, so it would be extremely likely. He won't tell her what he saw, though, so she just leaves. Next he asks the Warden for the list of names of the visitors. The warden reads the name of the only extra man in the room: Willie Prall. This means nothing to Linc at the time. Later he starts having dreams of going to a Chicago baseball game with his dad. His dad constantly tells him to watch his favorite pitcher. He's dad's favorite because even though he will only be a middle relief pitcher, he has a work ethic that never stops. Lincoln has this dream a few times, and eventually the player turns around to show his last name on the jersey is Prall. Lincoln wakes up automatically. Lincoln is allowed back into the main lockdown. He asks Michael if he thinks their dad could be there, but Michael just asks if he saw the name of the ballplayer in the dream before the Warden said it. So Lincoln shuts down.

Michael and the Escapees: Michael is now determined to find a new way out. We see him and Sucre looking at a new pattern of the tatoo on his back and Michael states that there was always another way out, but it was suicide. As the "escapees-to-be" are moving cement bags, he tells them of a new way. It involves going through the pipes and coming up from a grate in the middle of the yard and walking across the yard to the Asylum Wing. The other escapees say he is crazy because there are 3 cameras and towers that would see them. Sucre just calls it suicidal. We later see the escapees in the PI building working and strategizing. C-Note wants to try the old escape route, but Michael tells him that it is impossible. C-Note drops a postcard from Iraq, that the old guy picks up. They have a brief conversation that they would be crazy to try to get back to their families because that would be the first place the police would look. Old guy says he is going to do it anyway. C-Note accidentally picks a loose piece of paper off the wall and starts a chain reaction, the rocks and dirt start to fall out of the wall, just as the "Big Bad" prison guard comes in to berate them. C-Note tries to cover miserably and the Old Guy saves his butt by acting like a jerk, which pleases the guard. In a second almost-caught, two guards walk by as one is trying to remember what college a football player went to. T-Bag is guarding the door and he almost walks in as they are shoveling the dirt into the hole, when T-Bag desperately remembers what the college was (Ohio State). After this fiasco, Michael decides he has to try the other route.

Michael: Sucre's cousin works in the laundry and gets them a police guard's uniform. Michael takes the alternate route, gets spotted when he enters the yard, but he waves and the light goes off. He goes into the asylum and asks to use the bathroom. He purposefully gets lost, but before he can get too far the asylum guard comes looking for him. Michael then backtracks through the pipes and as he is almost home a guard walks right up to where he is hiding. The guard is on an alcohol break and Michael has to slowly move out of his view until he gets backed up against one of the steam pipes. You can softly hear him whimper as his flesh is being burned. As this is going on, Sucre is trying to cover for Michael because bedcheck is going on. As the guard walks past, Michael comes up and asks Sucre to get the shirt off of him. He passes out as soon as Sucre pulls. Michael wakes up in the infirmary where Sarah asks if he was hurt by his cellmate. Michael laughs that question off and says he cannot tell her what happened. Sarah gets upset and sends him back to his cell. Sucre is called in before the warden and the "Bad Guard" and defends himself, by saying it happened earlier in the day. We then see Michael back in his cell taking off the bandage and the map of the new escape route is gone.

End show.

This is all I could remember, I apologize if I missed anything or if anything is out of order. Hope this helps!

This took me forever, so sorry I did not see your recap before I started PWS!

Awesome~ thanks to both of you! My b/f and I saw the episode before this one and got all into it (the one right before the execution) and then missed this one! he was bummed but I'll have these to recap for him. Thanks mucho!!!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Kimrs, this is your funniest line: "The guard is on an alcohol break..."

Michael and Lincoln's father is played by Anthony John Denison - an "older" hottie. Good casting! Patricia Wetig is playing the part of the VP wonderfully - she is deliciously evil and makes me hate her - great actress.

Someone mentioned the cute Hispanic actor that shares a cell with Michael. I've seen him many times, usually in minor roles as a heavy. He's doing a great job in this too. Don't know his name.

I love this show. Dominic Purcell became a favorite of mine when I first saw him on John Doe - he is very sexy. Wentworth Miller is a beautiful young guy and a credible actor. With Prison Break and 24 on the same night - I love Mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Kimrs, this is your funniest line: "The guard is on an alcohol break..."
    Thanks Lois Lane I wasn't trying to be funny, I just didn't have any idea what to call it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    This took me forever, so sorry I did not see your recap before I started PWS!
    You did a much better job than i did on the names and "atmosphere"! But between us I think we got it all.
    That was indeed weird when the VP insisted that her aide stand when speaking to her....come on, even the Pres. lets people sit down when they are talking, judging by West Wing. Maybe that aide will turn on her later, and cover for Michael and LInc's dad.

+ Reply to Thread