+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Prison Break

I found the dialogue extremely cheesy, but the premise is really interesting and the cast is great. I love Peter Stormare. Count me in as a faithful viewer.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I wanted to like this show, but I'm undecided about it. It wasn't terrible, but it is SO unbelievable that it's not as enjoyable. It would be more entertaining to me if it was a tad more believable. I'll give it another couple of weeks, but....eh...just didn't do anything for me.

I was hooked on this one too - so was hubby. He actually turned to me during a commerical break and said (accusingly) why didn't you tell me this was coming on?
    Like I could read minds about him liking a brand new show

Just about everything was a clue, I loved it. As for the tattoo - a drawing within a drawing. The man (character) is brilliant. He's got a quick mind and a quick wit. I think I'll rewatch thursday just to see if I pick up anything new.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

When I first heard about the show I thought it sounded interesting, but could't figure out why, because it's not the kind of show I normally zero in on. If the prison break is "just the beginning", does this mean it will be similar to "The Fugitive"?

I would not like it if it were more realistic. Reality in this case is "too much info".

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I was really enjoying this show until I had to explain the plot to my wife. As I started explaining it I found it more and more difficult to believe. "This nice guy goes to jail, happens to get sentenced to the same jail his brother is in. His brother is in jail because he was setup for the killing of the VP's brother. The nice guy happened to be in on the design of the prison, so he has a plan to escape. That plan includes needing to be in the clinic alot so he can do something with the floor drain (a very large floor drain for such a small room by the way). The floor drain connects to a storm sewer that runs through the prison yard. Anyway, to be in the clinic he claims to be a diabetic and needs shots, but he doesn't. So he has to get insulin blockers from the pill guy, who happens to be black and there is a race war going on." At about this point my head started hurting and I hadn't even started talking about the crazy white guy and the bolt. It is a very convoluted plot. But I did enjoy it and I'll keep watching.

So, does the prison break happen soon? It must, because of the imminent execution date for the older brother. If so, what's the rest of the show about, the brothers on the run? A few seasons from now (assuming it lasts that long) won't new viewers be saying "Why is this show called prison break?"
    Because at that point, it will be about two brothers living in Mexico.

I agree with you dberk.
    I like the fantastical Shawshank feel of it.
    If it were more real we would just be watching OZ.
    Not my cup of tea

A few seasons from now (assuming it lasts that long) won't new viewers be saying "Why is this show called prison break?"
    Because at that point, it will be about two brothers living in Mexico.
    I basically said the same thing last night! I said, This really should be a miniseries because it supposedly has a determined outcome/end... The point of a series is that they can drone on for an infinate number of seasons because they aren't actually going somewhere specific.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 08-31-2005 at 10:28 AM.

FORT Regular
    Great show. Yes, a little unbelievable but so is just about every show that isn't reality. Suspend your belief for a moment and just enjoy it! I will be a faithful watcher. Fox is big on this show and the scripts have been written so they must have faith in the outcome or where the show is headed. Plus, it's on Monday nights and there really is nothing else to watch on Monday nights.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I found the dialogue extremely cheesy, but the premise is really interesting and the cast is great. I love Peter Stormare. Count me in as a faithful viewer.
    It was cheesy, but I think the acting was fantastic and really sold it.

"Passion? Dope."
    "Improperly propagated." -- This one was funny, but it shouldn't have been. He was about to be put in solitary confinement, Jesus.
    "I got high..." -- Who actually says this? Nobody who does mary jane uses dumb terminology like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    "I got high..." -- Who actually says this? Nobody who does mary jane uses dumb terminology like that.
    Does anyone still call it mary jane?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

this show will be good, Brett Ratner directs it and is one of the exec producers i think

i finally got around to watching the tape and thought it was ok for a pilot, the whole premise is kinda stupid though and how the guy commited 'attempted armed robbery' immediately went to court and got only a 5 year sentence and the judge gave him 'accomodations' for his incarceration

loved that it ended with the scene where dude was about to get his toes cut off...

remeniscent of 24 and there limb chopping storylines

+ Reply to Thread