+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prison Break

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Prison Break

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2577081;

By the way, my DVR worked just fine! (Dont hate!)

Go you. But seriously, what's up with all the broken audio/visual devices in this thread? Im scared.

Do you think he'll ask me to the prom?"
    No, take me to the prom.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Great recap, helpmeturnitoff! The one thing I got that I think you missed was that the guy behind the wall (Aussie type accent) that bribed Bellick to deliver notes was trying to reach the "widow" outside. The wall man gave Bellick 2 copies of his note. Just before Michael was in his fight to the death Bellick patted both contenders, in a fairly natural way, and they were so focused on the fight they weren't really paying attention to him, and wished them luck. As he did so he slipped a copy of the note into the pockets of each of them. The only way to leave this prison is dead, and the fights are to the death. After the fight the week's quota of dead guys was just dumped outside the prison. The "widow" met the corpse wagon (she was told they'd be buried there later if no one claimed them). She'd established her bona fides by standing outside the prison screaming she wanted her dead "husband's" body so no one thought twice about her being there. As soon as the corpsewagon left she went through all the pockets of the bodies and found the note in the pocket of Michael's dead competitor. So clearly this is some kind of previously established procedure (though how you would establish it is a puzzle to me--unless you planned to go into the prison). Michael then later finds his copy and is puzzled by it. We'll see if he remembers Bellick giving it to him. He seems kind of stunned. Before his bro showed him the video he was saying, no, no, I can't go through a break out again.
    Also the agent who saved his life had given him fighting tips. He wants Michael live to testify on his behalf.
    Not clear if the boss of the prison knows anyone is in the walls. Oh, and the wall guy gave Bellick the piece of meat, which was quite small, and Bellick thought it was chicken, but the guy said it wasn't. I'm guessing rat.
    And get Bellick out of those tighty not so white-ies! Yikes...
    In the preview we see Sucre at the fence asking Bellick where the money is, and Linc had also asked the police if they found a backpack at the scene (no). So I guess not enough time has gone by for Marisol to be dead yet...I agree, the time frame is murky. Michael's been in the prison about 2 days now as it took that long for the embassy to get involved and raise false hope that he could be moved to another nicer prison and go on trial and get off in about a month. Linc has apparently been completely exonerated and is free to go, but M still faces some charges in the States. Yet another prison in his future....

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2577064;
    I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it. The whole "Sona" thing is stupid to me. I turned it off about 1/2 way through. I don't really have time anyway (going to school), & need to prune down my TV watching.
    While I loved it, you weren't alone. The viewership was down 24% from last season's premiere. I don't know if that was the show itself, the episode, or the fact that most tv shows don't start their fall seasons till next week.

It was pretty gritty and sometimes hard to watch which may have turned off some viewers. Personally, I liked it . . it's supposed to be rather hard to take at times and gut wrenching in its intensity. It seems weird with Linc on the outside trying to get Michael out rather than the other way around. I hope Sara is not gone for good. There is great chemistry between her and Michael and it would be a letdown if she were killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2577431;
    It was pretty gritty and sometimes hard to watch which may have turned off some viewers. Personally, I liked it . . it's supposed to be rather hard to take at times and gut wrenching in its intensity. It seems weird with Linc on the outside trying to get Michael out rather than the other way around. I hope Sara is not gone for good. There is great chemistry between her and Michael and it would be a letdown if she were killed off.
    I'm back and forth about watching the show another season. Last season really revved up my blood pressure at times with the violence and I wasn't sure if I could keep up with such an intense show week after week. The first episode of this season had me cringing a time or two but I think I can stick it out for at least another episode. I may have to change to just reading the recaps though because I really don't think I can go another season of such intensity and violence. I don't mind every couple of episodes but this show is every episode and while I understand that's the premise of the show, I don't know if I can go another season of such. I'm invested in the brothers but don't think I can stomach another season of T-bag. If the writers tone him down then I might be able to make it through.

Hey guys... in the opening credits I didn't see Sarah's name... does anyone know whats going on with that??? (sorry if this was already answered )

thanks!

xoxo

ANTM is LOVE

About Sarah

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Truth Is Out... and So Is Prison Break's Doc!

Sarah Wayne Callies by Kevin Parry/WireImage.comOK, now you worrywarts have something to wring your hands about: The Ausiello Report has just learned that after giving birth, Sarah Wayne Callies is not returning to Prison Break after all.

Shocking, right? Especially given the way the actress' manager has been insisting for weeks that her client would be back. (The words "pants on fire" come to mind.)

We already knew that Callies was MIA from the opening credits in the first two episodes and that, for the one scene in which Dr. Sara appeared, a body double was used. But nonetheless, trusting souls that we are, we believed the mom-to-be still had a job. Well, no more. There's a story here, and you're gonna get it.

Um, as soon as we do.

In the meantime, feel free to work out your grief over this turn of events through cybersupport groups, viewing parties of key scenes from past seasons and especially tear-stained blog posts. Also, any guesses as to the "creative" way insiders are saying Callies' absence will be addressed?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2577240;
    Great recap, helpmeturnitoff! The one thing I got that I think you missed was that the guy behind the wall (Aussie type accent) that bribed Bellick to deliver notes was trying to reach the "widow" outside.

Also the agent who saved his life had given him fighting tips. He wants Michael live to testify on his behalf.
    Thanks

Never thought of the widow angle - to me it's all about Michael (and Lincoln)

I think Mahone wants Michael to survive to get him out of prison not to testify. Considering his involvement with the Company he'll likely know the only justice he'll receive is the barrel of a gun.

There is one thing I forgot to mention... the episode showed two possible ways to leave the prison, both of which Michael witnessed. The first was the inmate jumping from a window only to be executed by the army. The second was the dead body dump (I could just see Michael's brain whirring at this - we could fake dead!) which showed that the army ensures every dead body is in fact dead by shooting each one in the head. So there's two escape routes crossed off his list.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The meat that the guy behind the wall gave Bellick....what was it? I'm thinking, probably, rat. Bellick thought it was chicken.

I'm with the person who said better to be shot dead than go back to that prison.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought the meat was human. I hope not.

+ Reply to Thread