+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prison Break

Re: Prison Break

i'm pissed, i get home thinking i would get to watch prison break and the dvr only has like 12 minutes recorded

can i get a synopsis please?

FORT Fanatic

^^ That's horrible! And here I thought I had issues :> Both my PVR and DVR were acting up. The PVR won't record and the DVR refused to finalize the DVD with PB on it. Thankfully I was able to catch the west coast feed.

SPOILERS below!!!!

Michael is stuck in the worst of the worst prisons. The prison guards actually pulled out a year before because conditions were so horrible, now the army just guards the perimeter to ensure the inmates remain inside. Inside the prison there is one man who rules everyone and in order for inmates to solve disputes they literally fight to the death. This man knows who Michael is (of course they have a TV & cable in the prison) and is afraid the inmates will rally behind him so he sets him up for a fight. Michael fights but refuses to kill the other inmate, so the other inmates provide a knife which prompts Mahone (also in prison with Michael) to jump in and kill the other guy.

And speaking of Mahone he approached Michael wanting him to break them out but Michael refused because everytime he looked at him he sees "the man who killed my father".

Bellick & another inmate are pretty much slaves. Not allowed food or water unless they can scrounge it themselves. And they have to clean out the toilets and wear nothing more than underwear. His new friend couldn't handle it and jumped where the Army opened fire & killed him (while Michael watched so he knows that escape route isn't possible). While down in the sewer he 'met' a man behind a wall who offered to feed him if he delivered a message to Michael. This man has been eavesdropping on the guy in charge of the prison through a wall vent.

T-Bag is cozying up with the man in charge at the prison.

Lincoln is running around Panama trying to get Michael out of Sona and to find Sarah. He gets a call from his son who tells him he's in Panama and to meet him & Sarah at a restaurant. He arrives and finds a woman there who gives him a ransom video - he has to get Michael to break out another prisoner (I think it's the guy behind the wall in the sewer) in a week or LJ & Sarah are dead. Earlier Michael had been visited at the prison by a guy telling him if he broke out there would be people willing to help them get past the army outside. Michael blew him off and the guy said "we tried to do this the easy way".

I think that pretty much covers it. I may have missed a few bits though. There are two other things - one is a woman masquerding as a nun to the army but is actually 'servicing' the guy running the prison. The other is a woman who said she was notified her husband had been killed inside the prison and she wanted his body for burial. Once the bodies were brought out she went through all their pockets and in the pocket of the man Mahone killed was a note that said "Versailles 1989 vs. Madrid". It then flashed to a note Michael was holding but I wasn't able to see what it said.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I liked it. They found a great way to keep Sarah Wayne Callis (Sarah) off screen yet still part of the show. And Michael's reaction (that boy's eyes can act!) to learning of her whereabouts...
    Strangely, i liked it too. And yes, he can act and even has chemistry with trees.
    I hope that something can be worked out for Sarah to return, it would bug if she didn't.

I think something that was sort of alluded to last season(last ep.) was that him being at Sona was like a test to see if he could escape from there as well. Who is this big cheese that feels the need to test him? Will we see Marisol? Will Bellick be fed and clothed soon? Is Bagwell going to continue to call Michael, Pretty? Is the nun going to stick around for a pole next time?
    j/k I'm glad to see these guys back.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Glad the show kept up the intensity! The whole thing was pretty graphical. Definitely keeping up the pace which I love. All in all a good starter!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

OK, so I get home from work last night thinking, "Yay, I can watch my tape of PRISON BREAK." For some reason--my stupid VCR (yah, I'm old school!) taped F/X instead of Fox, even though it's set to tape Fox at that time every Monday. I can't figure it out. (I hope the stupid thing tapes F/X tonight when "Damages" is on...we shall see.) But I watched online and loved it.

I didn't get the "widow" who was rummaging through all the dead men's pockets at the end. Is she really that one guy's widow...or was she pretending so she would have access to their pockets to get the note? The note looks like it was a soccer matchup...I'm guessing Michael will figure out the connection...

Bellick in undies...can someone please get him some clothes?! The guy who escaped...I think I would've preferred to be shot down than live like that anymore, too. T-Bag--what a cockroach of a survivor. Figures he'd latch onto the head guy... As for that head guy...seems like he's got a "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" complex. He seemed as bothered by Michael's good looks as his notoriety/fame (and potential to take his minions away from him). The way he kept asking that prostitute if she thought Michael was handsome...gees, I kept waiting for him to ask, "Is he prettier than me? Am I thinnner? Do you like him more than me? Do you think he'll ask me to the prom?"
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-18-2007 at 11:26 AM.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it. The whole "Sona" thing is stupid to me. I turned it off about 1/2 way through. I don't really have time anyway (going to school), & need to prune down my TV watching.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved it and thought it was well done! Loved the intensity! This show continues to fascinate me. It's like seeing a movie every Monday! Really love the acting skills!!!

By the way, my DVR worked just fine! (Dont hate!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fox doesn't post the episode online after the fact?

i still need to watch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2577162;
    Fox doesn't post the episode online after the fact?

i still need to watch
    Yes they do! I watched it this morning on its website.

awe...thanks i didn't see the episode player on the main fox site

off to watch now

later

+ Reply to Thread