+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Rome (on HBO)

Re: Rome (on HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3244206;
    I would totally watch a Rome movie. YAY!
    Here's a link to the director of 'Rome' in an interview: Heller looking for movie version of 'Rome'

Says it was to be 5 seasons long, give's an outline of it:

"I discovered halfway through writing the second season the show was going to end," Heller said. "The second was going to end with death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the messiah in Palestine."
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I would actually pay to see a Rome movie in a theater. Lucius and Titus on the big screen, hubba-hubba!!

Interesting. I think they will have to do something amazing.

The actors who played Caesar, Atia, Pullo, Mark Antony, & Lucius were the core of the show.

Since Caesar and Mark Antony's storylines have ended; the show lost some of its punch.

The film would really have to do a hat trick and still fully utilize those three remaing core characters to keep it interesting and worthwhile to pay $5-$10 to see it.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

So I was bored this weekend and I got my hands on both seasons of Rome. I'd never seen it before - it wasn't shown in Canada. What a fantastic series! It was gorgeous and surprising and delicious! I didn't like the episodes that included Egypt, they bored me to tears for some reason.
    I too was sorry to see the young Octavian replaced by a slightly older actor. That actor bugged me and I couldn't put my finger on why.. I finally figured it out, the boy didn't blink. Ever. Atia was horribly awesome. I loved her (although I'd be scared to death of her in real life) Servilla drove me bananas she was such a whiner. Pullo was fantastic. Vorenus was intense and very changable and therefore unpredictable ... but fiercely loyal.
    It was a great series, if they do come out with a movie I'll be there.

Rome is being tentatively looked at as a 2010 release. Bruno Heller, who wrote and executive produced the series, is writing the movie script as well. And, as far as is known by me, the original cast should all be back for the ride.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-27-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Didn't post the link--there's a youtube video in it--didn't want to get in trouble.

Tue, 09/08/2009

Exciting news for fans of HBO's Rome series: it looks like a film is currently in development, with script writer Bruno Heller penning the project. The film, whose working title is Bona Dea, is due to start filming in Summer 2010 and is scheduled for release in 2011.

For those of you who remember Vorenus, played by Kevin McKidd, on his deathbed at the end of the last series, the good news is that the stalwart centurion is already being written into the script for the new film. In an interview given to Associated Press, now on youtube, McKidd explains that his character may not actually have passed away, but is actually hiding in Germania, far from the empire and from Octavian, who has come to power following the battle of Actium.

In an interview with movieweb, Ray Stevenson, who plays Pullo, confirmed: “It is no longer a smoke and mirrors rumour. The script is in full development.” He adds that Rome's writer and creator, Bruno Heller, is not likely to lose his two central characters: “That guy has a soft spot for Pullo and Vorenus. I don't think he will let the ball drop. I don't think he will disappoint. He never pulled his punches with the hard drama or the social status, or the action sequences. He put full honesty into the characters.”

Of course a film isn't quite the same as a third series - one sitting and it's all over - but this is definitely one to look forward to.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You have totally made my day!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mine too!!!!

Especially since Pullo and Vorenus will be back, I just loved them. I really hope that they get Polly Walker back as Atia, she was so hardcore.

Oh, excellent! I had given up hope for the movie version. I hope they can get Polly Walker back, also. Nobody could do Atia better!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Plus he had 5 seasons mapped out--if the movie does good enough we could get a second to finish off his outline he had.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Yay! this makes my day!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread