+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Rome (on HBO)

As much as I didn't like Atia, she's a very good actress. I recently watched Jane Austen's Emma, and there was this very familiar looking actress in it playing the demure, but intelligent Jane Fairfax with very dark hair. It was Polly. She has very distinctive eyes that slant upwards. I have to wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD, but I loved Season one, except I still think the actor, playing Pullo was miscast. Nice eye candy though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Are you saying you would have Ray Stevenson (Pullo) play another part, or not have been cast at all?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, am I ever disappointed it is finished. I absolutely loved the last few episodes. Some of the finest. I had all but forgotten that Pullo got there first with Cleopatra. As well as when Vorenus was telling the Cesarian (spelling?) that his father was a big eater and a brave fighter.
    I quite enjoyed every minute and am sad it's over. Loved the end and was quite happy to see Octavian's wife put in place. I do not like her.

For those like me suffering withdrawal symptoms from the series finale of Rome there is an interesting entry for the show on wikipedia, with links to episode summaries and to entries on the main (and some of the minor) characters and to the actors biographies/filmographies. For those, again like me who are history geeks, there are links to the historical context and errors/inaccuracies of each episode.

Rome (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Rome (on HBO)

I just saw on Amazon that the second season will be on DVD on August 7th.

Don't know if anyone really cares, but they started showing Rome from the first episode last weekend. I loved that show so much that I am there!! HBO is so dry right now, and I'm thinking they are reacting to Showtime's The Tudors! Oh well...I don't have Showtime, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know this is an older thread but...

Ray Stevenson ( Pullo ) has stated in a " The Punisher" interview a Rome movie is in the works.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

If this is true, you have totally made my week! I hope it's an HBO movie.

Who is John Galt?

I saw the trailers and thought I'd seen the lead actor before but couldn't place him. Thank You! Now I know.

I would totally watch a Rome movie. YAY!

+ Reply to Thread