+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Rome (on HBO)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2213416;
    Was anyone else happy, and then sad, to see the children were still alive? Especially after all the negative cosmic karma their father's gathering.
    Gahh! I knew I was missing some details. There was a terrible TERRIBLE problem with the video feed on digital cable all last Sunday; I got the gist of what was going on in most scenes but the audio was cutting in and out and the picture was pixilated. The cable guy isn't coming out until Thursday, so there's no hope of watching it again until this weekend. Could you fill me in on what happened with the kids? Thanks!

Actually I am glad they didn't get a gorgeous actress to play Cleopatra. We know from historical records that Cleo wasn't a great beauty. It was her charisma and personality that drew the men to her. I don't know if this actress can carry it off so that we are not surprised when Marc Antony becomes so smitten with her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I, too, am sure that Cleopatra is being played by the same actress. Her hair was close cropped last time, and she is wearing a wig this time. I thought the mannerisms were the same, too. With Geogre taking up 2 hours tonight, I will watch the encore tonight at 10 p.m.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I did some searching and I was wrong. It is indeed the same actress. Boy was I fooled. Though, I have to admit, I think she looks much better with longer hair.

PhoneGrrrl
    all it showed while Octavian was leaving Rome, was a man talking to several slaves telling them to keep moving. Then it panned to a slave carriage/cage(?) where there were women and children and right before the credits we see the children.

Cleopatra was not attractive at all, but her charm outweighed that, so I wasn't happy with the casting either, especially since this series has tried to be so historically accurate.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Thanks so much, canadian angel. That must have been right at the end. I caught Octavian on a horse at the very end. The audio dropped out entirely in a scene before that -- with Pullo, Vorenus, and some other guy -- in Erastes' old hang out. I had a fun time making up dialog, thinking perhaps Vorenus was consulting an interior decorator, but I doubt that's what really happened. The cable guy allegedly fixed the box this a.m., so I'm going to try to catch it again Sunday night.

It was great when Vorenus "held court" and explained to Erastus Foreman's thug fraternity that there was a new sheriff in town! Loved it when Marc Antony whipped the tar out of Octavian...Great Episode!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2214150;
    I did some searching and I was wrong. It is indeed the same actress. Boy was I fooled. Though, I have to admit, I think she looks much better with longer hair.

PhoneGrrrl
    all it showed while Octavian was leaving Rome, was a man talking to several slaves telling them to keep moving. Then it panned to a slave carriage/cage(?) where there were women and children and right before the credits we see the children.
    I wondered if that was the same actress, too.

As for the children, I totally missed that. I guess they had not made enough of an impression on me to be recognized. I thought it was just a cart full of slaves, lol. Thanks for the heads up, FORTers!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2214608;
    Loved it when Marc Antony whipped the tar out of Octavian...Great Episode!!
    I guess I'm in the minority here. I love Octavian and think Marc Antony is a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2215119;
    I guess I'm in the minority here. I love Octavian and think Marc Antony is a bully.
    You are not alone. I have a soft spot for Octavian and hated to see him and Marc Antony's fight.

Octavian made the mistake of letting his mouth override his arse, and was dealt with by someone who wasn't putting up with it. I really like both characters, though.

+ Reply to Thread