+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Rome (on HBO)

prhoshay - I have a crush on Pullo as well. You know he'd probably just use you and throw you away, but you'd want him to fall in love with you.... and save you from life as a Roman slave and then kill your true love...... okay maybe not that last bit
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thank goodness!!! I didn't think anyone else would be a member of this club!! He is just a manly man!! Yum-Yum!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay - I think that's a very big club! I mean, what's not to love? He's dreamy.

Plus, I just love a man in a uniform.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm on the Pullo wagon. I'd take him and Mark Antony!

Not me, besides luscious Marc Antony (James Purefoy), I am a Vorenous fan. Guess I have a soft spot for intense brooding blond men.

I also wanted to raise my hand to join James (Marc) for his morning romp. Guess he settled for the German wh_re from the kitchen (great line).

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being in the middle of a Pullo/Marc Antony sandwich, myself.

I absolutely love this show.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Sorry to double post!

Anybody else bothered with the casting for Cleopatra? I don't know exactly what it is, but she just doesn't seem right for the part to me. Maybe it's just me.

And Marc Antony's moray eel can bite me anytime. Lucky Atia.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I much prefer her to the other actress they had playing Cleopatra last season. However, she does seem a little too visually sweet doesn't she?
    Was anyone else happy, and then sad, to see the children were still alive? Especially after all the negative cosmic karma their father's gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2213416;
    I much prefer her to the other actress they had playing Cleopatra last season.
    I thought it was the same Cleopatra from season one???

You know what, you may very well be right. She just looks so much different from last season, to me. I truly thought it was a different actress. It must be in the hair and mannerisms of her this season.

+ Reply to Thread