+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 520 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 5191
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

  1. #951
    far, far away starkisssed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    465
    I was under the impression that questions were supposed to have been answered last night, but it just seems to me that they only opened the door to about a million others. I read back a few pages, and someone mentioned something about aliens, but i was sure that i had read during last season that the writers said aliens definitely had nothing to do with the plot at all. of course they are always able to change things too.

    i am sure that the book turn of the screw has something to do with the story somewhere, even if it is just simply of the title taken literally for a clue of something to do within the hatch somewhere, and not necessarily the story.

    sayid replaced the power in the computer/whatever, but where did he get another one to replace the fried one? and someone also mentioned about walt saying not to push the button, didn't he say this to claire? too bad she wasn't in the hatch when it was time to push the button. and i was sure jack would have recognized those numbers and was disappointed when he didn't. hurley most likely didn't say anything because he knows those numbers bring about bad things.

    i would also like to know where desmond was off to, did he still have his solar (can't think of what he called it) on the island somewhere? and one of my favorite moments of the show was when locke said he had to watch the orientation tape again, and i immediately said to myself.. huh?? and jack said no, no you don't.. or something to that effect, but i totally agreed with jack on that count. now of course as a viewer, i am sure that the tape held more information than we were able to get out of it and i did slo-mo the credits of it to make sure of what it said, but nothing really unusual.

    i wish i had some new theories, but i don't. frankly, i felt much more confused about everything after watching the show last night than i did going into it. that said, can't wait til next week!

  2. #952
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Didn't Dr. Moto (or whatever his name is) state the brainstorming for the program began in the late '60's early '70's? If so, the time frame for the cave bodies MAY work because Jack said they looked to have been there about 40 or 50 years, based on the decomp of the clothes. He's not an archeologist, so he could be off by a few years.
    An experiment of this magnitude would take years to implement, so maybe they began setting it up in the early 70's. Maybe the bodies were planted to help convince the first "hatchie" the dangers of infection were real?

    If the dates don't work, well, I guess I'll blow it out my hatch!



    As for Walt, he appeared where Vincent was - I think that's why he spoke to Claire. Vincent is a Labrador Retriever (names count).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  3. #953
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    I took the book title to be a wink, wink, nod, nod from the show's writers to those of us who are obsessing over this show.
    Yes! Another moment was when Locke said he had to watch the film again. Just like the rest of us.

    I don't really buy Sayid walking in and being able to repair the computer that had been shot in under four minutes. I'm in the camp that thinks it's an experiment and it's only hooked up to the alarm timer anyway. I half expected Sayid to look at it and say that the wires didn't lead anywhere.

    About the caves, I'm going to have to dig that out. The way I remember it, they were wearing 40's type aviator clothes, but that Jack said he expected more decomposition if they were that old. So does that mean they were more modern in old clothes, or the island magically preserved them somewhat? And how would Jack know something that specialized anyway?

    What if it's the couple from the Orientation film, the De Gruits or whatever their name was? They showed the man's face for a long moment in one part of it, and I can't help but wonder if he's going to show up on the island.

    P.S.: Walter spoke to Shannon, not Claire. And Shannon didn't have a clue what he was saying. It was people on the internet who taped it and played it backwards to reveal the message about not hitting the button.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  4. #954
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The way I remember it, they were wearing 40's type aviator clothes, but that Jack said he expected more decomposition if they were that old. So does that mean they were more modern in old clothes, or the island magically preserved them somewhat? And how would Jack know something that specialized anyway?
    Jack must have watched a lot of CSI before getting on that airplane. They always seem to know.

    Wonder how soon the Others will meet up with the Survivors, then face off with camps on opposites sides of the Island. As soon as I see Jeff Probst show up with new buffs for each group, I'm outta here.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  5. #955
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,663
    I find it interesting that in the flashback Locke introduces himself as John, and is called John. Whereas on the island he is pretty much universally known as Locke (I think it is only Jack who calls him John). Did he introduce himself originally as Locke on the island? Anyone remember?
    I was kind of ticked that Jack pressed the button. I wouldn't have. Can you imagine years and years of pressing a button every 108 minutes? After a while I would have just been "Screw it and screw the consequences." I wonder if the survivors are really going to press the button from now on? And for how long?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  6. #956
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Yes! Another moment was when Locke said he had to watch the film again. Just like the rest of us.

    I don't really buy Sayid walking in and being able to repair the computer that had been shot in under four minutes. I'm in the camp that thinks it's an experiment and it's only hooked up to the alarm timer anyway. I half expected Sayid to look at it and say that the wires didn't lead anywhere.

    About the caves, I'm going to have to dig that out. The way I remember it, they were wearing 40's type aviator clothes, but that Jack said he expected more decomposition if they were that old. So does that mean they were more modern in old clothes, or the island magically preserved them somewhat? And how would Jack know something that specialized anyway?

    What if it's the couple from the Orientation film, the De Gruits or whatever their name was? They showed the man's face for a long moment in one part of it, and I can't help but wonder if he's going to show up on the island.

    P.S.: Walter spoke to Shannon, not Claire. And Shannon didn't have a clue what he was saying. It was people on the internet who taped it and played it backwards to reveal the message about not hitting the button.

    Oops, my mistake about Claire/Shannon - I keep mixing them up in my head. (Just like my kids names! HA) I forgot Walter was speaking backwards - Do you think it is because he is still new at the "astral projection" thing or do you have another idea?

    If a computer gets too warm or humid or you look at it funny, it can't function properly so I totally agree that Sayid could not repair it that fast, and this is all an experiment.

    As far as the clothes are concerned, I did not see the episode, I read the transcript - so the visual wasn't there for me.

    Is DeGruit the man they showed in profile at the window?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  7. #957
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    The man in the window was some mystery philanthropist named Alvar Hanso. Now there's a name that just screams anagram, but I plugged it into one of those anagram generators and the best I came up with is O NAVAL RASH.

    The DeGroots (sp? - I think that's how my captions spelled it) were the braintrust couple. The blond girl and the guy with the big sideburns.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #958
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I find it interesting that in the flashback Locke introduces himself as John, and is called John. Whereas on the island he is pretty much universally known as Locke (I think it is only Jack who calls him John). Did he introduce himself originally as Locke on the island? Anyone remember?
    I was kind of ticked that Jack pressed the button. I wouldn't have. Can you imagine years and years of pressing a button every 108 minutes? After a while I would have just been "Screw it and screw the consequences." I wonder if the survivors are really going to press the button from now on? And for how long?
    Since names have meaning here, what about Jin and Hurley?

    No way would I push that button either. I'll say it again, since he knew pressing the button was the safer thing to do, the true leap of faith was for Locke to trust Jack.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  9. #959
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    The man in the window was some mystery philanthropist named Alvar Hanso. Now there's a name that just screams anagram, but I plugged it into one of those anagram generators and the best I came up with is O NAVAL RASH.

    The DeGroots (sp? - I think that's how my captions spelled it) were the braintrust couple. The blond girl and the guy with the big sideburns.
    How the heck did big sideburns ever get to be fashionable back then anyway? I bet he had on a white belt and shoes, too.
    I like O NAVAL RASH - I think we should refer to him by that name from now on. ONR for short.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  10. #960
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    269
    Put me in the camp in favor of not pushing the button.

    I don't see why people don't think this episode answered tons of questions. We know now that this island is a research island for some whacked out sociologists. They showed polar bears on the tape for heavens sake... that's why there were polar bears on the island.

    I think the others were people left behind from the initial science project. Kind of like that book... what was the title with the kids left alone on the island, and they go wild and go after poor Piggy and break his glasses... what is the name of that book?! Oh that drives me nuts.

    I'd say they put out one of those emp's (like on 24 last year) that caused the plane to lose power and down it went. I also have a feeling people were put on that plane specifically.

    I didn't see anything on any shark... was there something on the shark that was going after my boyfriend Sawyer?

    How funny was Hurley when he saw all that food?

    I feel like they answered so many questions the rest is just details.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.