+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 520 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    This is what the Orientation film said about the different stations in the experiment:

Imagine a large scale communo-research compound where scientists and freethinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social... (garbled)

1) Meteorology - maybe this explains the way the rain turns on and off so quickly, or the odd tides.

2) Psychology - that's probably the Swan station itself, the hatch. Wasn't B.F. Skinner the guy who wanted to put kids in boxes and observe them? I'm going on vague memory.

3) Parapsychology - maybe they had some success with this one, what with Jack's dad appearing on the island. Maybe somehow the Others knew Walt had ability in this area, and they've taken him to this station.

4) Zoology - polar bears, sharks with logos...

5) Electromagnetism - we know there's some kind of strong magnetic field in the hatch. I have a feeling this is related to the security system, i.e., the monster.

6) Utopian social (?) - maybe the Others were part of a commune on the island. It seems like the project was abandoned though, doesn't it? Maybe the Others got stuck somehow.
    Wow! All of that makes sense, especially regarding the Others. I've always wondered what they were doing there.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

hmm...

snooped a bit on the hanso foundation website... they have an "image" that isn't on any of the links...

Premium Member
    Things that I didn't like about last night's episode:

- Locke's backstory. (Seems as if so far all of this season's flashbacks have been unnecessary...)

- Locke's insistence to Jack that pushing the button, according to the orientation film, was a two person job - and his impression that as if by pressing execute you are suddenly responsible for continuing to push it. (Such as, he wouldn't let Sayid do it, wouldn't do it himself, since he did it last time, but in reality, if he was really that concerned about what would happen if it wasn't pushed would have A) done it himself, or B) let anyone who volunteered do it.) And besides, Desmond had been doing it just fine by himself for years, so it definitely did not require two people, or why couldn't it be done by more than two? Just felt a little too overly dramatic insisting that Jack be the one to push it.

Was funny, though, when Hurley realized Locke input the last number wrong and was like, okay, go ahead and do your thing, then.

When will Jack or Locke realize the code is the numbers Hurley had been referring to and were on the hatch door? With this show, probably never.

Kind of a bummer if you forget the code - it is on the outside of a sealed hatch door, which happens to be marked Quarantine from the inside...!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Ok....so after last nights episode, I was immediately drawn back to Desmond's mural. And then....I realized something. The fish....the waves.....La Mer, anyone?

Then....I went to the Hanso site. Was looking at the list of their "operations" and one caught my eye...

The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

....then I immediately went back to Desmond's mural. And, well, it hit me....

....it's a U.F.O.! Remember the Doctor in the video? Mentioned something about a "incident"? What do ya wanna bet it has something to do with them contacting alien life? Then I remembered the houses....what if they represented stations? What if....because of the "incident" there are only three stations left? What if they need to press execute to protect the island from an alien attack?

...that's just my theory, though. Might be right. Might not. I swear, though...starting now, I am gonna disect the heck outta everything and I won't bloody rest till I figure this mystery out. Twiddler....out.
    Ok, my theory on this picture is that it is the plane boone found and that the figure falling from it is Boone. The plane was orange and white and this object is vaguely planelike and is orange and appears to be on top of something like the plane Locke and Boone found on top of the cliff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Why does it feel like all my posts are invisible and, thus, are getting ignored?...."cries"....Eh...oh well. "runs off to think up more dumb theories...."

Your theories are as good as anyones. None of us know what's going on. Extra-terrestrial life is as good as polar bears living in the tropics, eh?

Keep up the theories. They are definetly worth thinking about
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Ok, my theory on this picture is that it is the plane boone found and that the figure falling from it is Boone. The plane was orange and white and this object is vaguely planelike and is orange and appears to be on top of something like the plane Locke and Boone found on top of the cliff.
    Hmmmm.....what about the rest of the mural, though? Is it a sign of things to come - or things that have already happened? The La Mer song mentions "rusted houses" in it....the head coming out of the water....perhaps it's Desmond being rescued after he crashed into the coral reef? 108 in the middle of the sun.....pressing the execute button resets the timer to 108.....sun represents life....pressing execute saves lives? Hmmmm.....how can we tie-in the rest of the mural though....

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Your theories are as good as anyones. None of us know what's going on. Extra-terrestrial life is as good as polar bears living in the tropics, eh?

Keep up the theories. They are definetly worth thinking about
    Awww...shucks. I didn't mean to say what I said...just stressed. Big episode last night....graduation ceremony tonight..."sighs"....sorry again

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    This is what the Orientation film said about the different stations in the experiment:

Imagine a large scale communo-research compound where scientists and freethinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social... (garbled)

1) Meteorology - maybe this explains the way the rain turns on and off so quickly, or the odd tides.

2) Psychology - that's probably the Swan station itself, the hatch. Wasn't B.F. Skinner the guy who wanted to put kids in boxes and observe them? I'm going on vague memory.

3) Parapsychology - maybe they had some success with this one, what with Jack's dad appearing on the island. Maybe somehow the Others knew Walt had ability in this area, and they've taken him to this station.

4) Zoology - polar bears, sharks with logos...

5) Electromagnetism - we know there's some kind of strong magnetic field in the hatch. I have a feeling this is related to the security system, i.e., the monster.

6) Utopian social (?) - maybe the Others were part of a commune on the island. It seems like the project was abandoned though, doesn't it? Maybe the Others got stuck somehow.
    I would buy into all of that!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    - Locke's insistence to Jack that pushing the button, according to the orientation film, was a two person job - and his impression that as if by pressing execute you are suddenly responsible for continuing to push it. (Such as, he wouldn't let Sayid do it, wouldn't do it himself, since he did it last time, but in reality, if he was really that concerned about what would happen if it wasn't pushed would have A) done it himself, or B) let anyone who volunteered do it.) And besides, Desmond had been doing it just fine by himself for years, so it definitely did not require two people, or why couldn't it be done by more than two? Just felt a little too overly dramatic insisting that Jack be the one to push it.
    Thought this was just an expression of the power struggle between Jack and Locke...? Locke insisted that Jack press the button in order to force Jack to validate his beliefs. Jack did, handing a victory to Locke in this round...
    meh...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    Thought this was just an expression of the power struggle between Jack and Locke...? Locke insisted that Jack press the button in order to force Jack to validate his beliefs. Jack did, handing a victory to Locke in this round...
    Yeah, I'd say that's probably right.

+ Reply to Thread