+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 520 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    Wait Desmond had a pic of Sarah? I must have blinked I totally missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by guillermoluvsme
    Wait Desmond had a pic of Sarah? I must have blinked I totally missed that.

If you blinked, you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots

You better be right! In episode #4 last year, "Helen" told Locke on the phone that she had enjoyed talking to him the past 8 months, but she's not allowed to meet customers.

Anyone with the DVD care to review that scene and let us know if she sounds like Katy Sagal? She has a pretty distinctive voice.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    When Jack was looking around the bunker, he looked very briefly at a picture of Desmond with a blonde looking very happy. That's all we saw - not long enough on first viewing to know if it was her or not.

So if the picture is Sarah and the guy in the building is Locke's father...wow, that makes for some very interesting connections. I have no idea what any of it means, but that's much more powerful proof than we've ever had before that somehow this group was "called" to the island.

[QUOTE=Davis_Rocks]Helen was like 15-20 years younger than locke..../QUOTE]

Terry O'Quinn, who plays Locke, was born in 1952... some people may just think he's *old* due to his baldness. Katey Sagal, who played Helen last nite, was born in 1954.

I think both characters are about the same age as the actors.

Just sign me,
    Another youngster born in the 50's :

This is what the Orientation film said about the different stations in the experiment:

Imagine a large scale communo-research compound where scientists and freethinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social... (garbled)

1) Meteorology - maybe this explains the way the rain turns on and off so quickly, or the odd tides.

2) Psychology - that's probably the Swan station itself, the hatch. Wasn't B.F. Skinner the guy who wanted to put kids in boxes and observe them? I'm going on vague memory.

3) Parapsychology - maybe they had some success with this one, what with Jack's dad appearing on the island. Maybe somehow the Others knew Walt had ability in this area, and they've taken him to this station.

4) Zoology - polar bears, sharks with logos...

5) Electromagnetism - we know there's some kind of strong magnetic field in the hatch. I have a feeling this is related to the security system, i.e., the monster.

6) Utopian social (?) - maybe the Others were part of a commune on the island. It seems like the project was abandoned though, doesn't it? Maybe the Others got stuck somehow.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteBabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    Helen was like 15-20 years younger than locke....
    Terry O'Quinn, who plays Locke, was born in 1952... some people may just think he's *old* due to his baldness. Katey Sagal, who played Helen last nite, was born in 1954.

I think both characters are about the same age as the actors.

Just sign me,
    Another youngster born in the 50's :

I think they were talking about last season's "Helen" being significantly older than Locke, the phone sex girl that we got a glimpe of who looked mid-20s. And I seem to recall we did get to see her, and it wasn't Katey Segal.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Why does it feel like all my posts are invisible and, thus, are getting ignored?...."cries"....Eh...oh well. "runs off to think up more dumb theories...."

Could someone give a total recap of what happened last night? There are some things I think I missed. Thank you.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    This is what the Orientation film said about the different stations in the experiment:

Imagine a large scale communo-research compound where scientists and freethinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social... (garbled)

1) Meteorology - maybe this explains the way the rain turns on and off so quickly, or the odd tides.

2) Psychology - that's probably the Swan station itself, the hatch. Wasn't B.F. Skinner the guy who wanted to put kids in boxes and observe them? I'm going on vague memory.

3) Parapsychology - maybe they had some success with this one, what with Jack's dad appearing on the island. Maybe somehow the Others knew Walt had ability in this area, and they've taken him to this station.

4) Zoology - polar bears, sharks with logos...

5) Electromagnetism - we know there's some kind of strong magnetic field in the hatch. I have a feeling this is related to the security system, i.e., the monster.

6) Utopian social (?) - maybe the Others were part of a commune on the island. It seems like the project was abandoned though, doesn't it? Maybe the Others got stuck somehow.

Wow - great recap!
    So much of it fits. Not sure the project was abandoned. Some of the items in the hatch were pretty modern. And something is keeping the power supply going. ( Was that explained?)
    Or did you just mean the social aspect of the experiments? Why would the Others take Walt for research if they were the social experiment? Or do you think they are part of the research team gone wild (like Lord of the Flies, not Girls Gone Wild)?
    Not picking on you, just picking your brain.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I think they were talking about last season's "Helen" being significantly older than Locke, the phone sex girl that we got a glimpe of who looked mid-20s. And I seem to recall we did get to see her, and it wasn't Katey Segal.
    My theory is that Helen died in the accident that caused Locke to lose the use of his legs. He then called into one of those sex lines and the woman let him set the agenda -- what do you want to call me? He chose the name Helen and pretended that he and the phone sex girl had a relationship like he had with Helen.

Of course, I also had a theory that Helen was hired by Locke's dad, but that wouldn't explain the phone chick having that name (unless Locke never discovered that she was hired by dad).

Really, I do have a life. Sorta.

+ Reply to Thread