+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 520 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    But Jin said the line without any Asian accent, like Sun does, and he had a completely diferent tone in his voice.

From someone who could barely utter "Others!!!" to "hey, dudes, what's shakin'" is too big a leap.

Anyone else think that maybe the "twin" concept may be coming into play? We didn't actually see Jin arrive back on the island - Could this be his twin planted there by the others?

Thoughts?
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

My thoughts regarding the preview with Jin speaking English - I think that it is in some type of dream or vision, much like when Walt appeared to Shannon . . . i.e., Walt doesn't normally talk backwards, but in the "vision" (for lack of a better explanation for it), he did. Jin doesn't speak English, but in a "vision," it would certainly be possible.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    good find - but how did you find it?
    I didnt see any Darma info but that is definately the photo of the man in the film. Then went to the terms of use page whcih was a giveaway, as Disney page etc.

Oh these guys are good.
    There's a hidden (but inactive) link on the active projects page. If you run your mouse down the list of active projects, you will see Dharma listed.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyz28
    Are you in Tampa??? I taped Lost and watched the game... Watching a win and seeing LOST - a win/win proposition!!!

GO LIGHTNING!!!

No, wish I was in Tampa tho. I'd have LOVED being at the game to see the banner go up. I live south of Tampa by about 90 min. between Venice and Pt. Charlotte. Most of my family lives in Tampa and I used to live there. I would kind of like to go back as there is so much to do there and NOTHING to do here.

But at the start of the game, I was saying: 2 more weeks and we will be there but watching the Rolling Stones!

Go Lightening and my sweetie Marty St. Louis.

I did switch over to Lost and missed the end of the game. My dh watched the game and is going to watch the DVR of Lost today.

After seeing Lost last night, I realize I could have gone with it recorded and watched the rest of the hockey game. It was ok, but not all that thrilling. I didn't think we learned much and the whole Locke backstory was stupid if you ask me. I dont' think it told us anything.

I do think that something happened and maybe it was just the plane crash that turned Locke from a wimp loser into someone who is so strong and determined now. Total character change from what they are showing from his past. Could explain why he thinks this is his destiny, etc. as this is the first time he's ever been strong and decisive and skilled and not a loser being derided by others.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    From the home page's "source code":

Click to see Spoiler:
    meta name="keywords" content="The Hanso Foundation,The Hanso Life Extension Project,The Hanso Foundation Electromagnetic Research Initiative,The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence,The Hanso Mathmatical Forecasting Initiative,The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative,The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute,The Hanso Remote Viewing Training Facility,Dharma Initiative,Alvar Hanso"
    meta name="description" content="The Hanso Foundation: a commitment to encouraging excellence in science and technology and furthering the cause of human development." (edited to remove the format codes)

Edit: Or I guess you could just follow the links at the site...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eugenics can be scary stuff. Remember Hitler's bunch were prime examples of Eugenics gone bad. This is interesting in light of the experimentation and the others wanting children. Hmmmm,

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok....so after last nights episode, I was immediately drawn back to Desmond's mural. And then....I realized something. The fish....the waves.....La Mer, anyone?

Then....I went to the Hanso site. Was looking at the list of their "operations" and one caught my eye...

The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

....then I immediately went back to Desmond's mural. And, well, it hit me....

....it's a U.F.O.! Remember the Doctor in the video? Mentioned something about a "incident"? What do ya wanna bet it has something to do with them contacting alien life? Then I remembered the houses....what if they represented stations? What if....because of the "incident" there are only three stations left? What if they need to press execute to protect the island from an alien attack?

...that's just my theory, though. Might be right. Might not. I swear, though...starting now, I am gonna disect the heck outta everything and I won't bloody rest till I figure this mystery out. Twiddler....out.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I agree that there's something fishy about the "real" Jin speaking perfect English - if there's any moment when he would have slipped up, it would have been running onto the beach yelling "The Others are coming! The Others are coming!" Not just "Uddders...Uuudders....Others! "

I haven't gone back to re-watch the episode yet, but the reason I asked about the picture of Desmond and the blonde was because I thought when I saw it that it might be Sarah...then I thought, "No, that's crazy." When will I learn??

Ooh...Eugenics...I've been doing some reading about that recently for a project I'm working on and it's terrifying stuff. There was a eugenics project in North Carolina that didn't end until very recently (1974) - it was less about creating the perfect babies and more about sterilizing "undesirable" women. That could be anyone who was deemed to be too lazy, too poor, not married...however the state defined "indigent" on any given day, I guess. Is it possible that since we now know that the Others weren't after Claire's baby, perhaps there was some plan afoot to sterilize her from having more, since she was an unwed mother? Although that assumes that Ethan was part of the Others, and I'm not sure I buy that.

Also, is it possible that the skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave are from the Hatch guardians? Perhaps Kelvin and whoever was his partner before Desmond? I think it's a fair assumption that Kelvin's partner also died waiting for a replacement, otherwise Kelvin wouldn't have been alone. However probably before that the replacement schedule had worked because Kelvin actually had a partner.

Yay, Hepcat! My husband and I thought the same thing about the psychology experiment! That could explain why Walt says the button is bad. Keep pushing the button and the experiment never ends.

Jack sure did get upset whenever Desmond said he recognized him. Like he didn't want to be recognized.

Hurley was very quiet in the scene where Locke was trying to remember the numbers.
    Hmmmmm.

Kaky - I think you are right on about the multliple experiment thing. It could explain the black rock ship and the 40 yr. old clothing on the bodies in the cave. So is Danielle an experimentor or an experimentee????

Dear Locke: We know when the button is pushed, nothing happens. It is more a leap of faith to not push it.
    I feel the backstory on him is an attempt to show how suseptible he is to the power of suggestion. Maybe the reason he was in a wheelchair was psychosomatic. He crashes on the island and lo and behold, he can walk. A miracle! He is now even more open to suggestion. And ready to keep pushing the button.

Myrosiedog - My son and I loved the Hurley line, too.

In the pit: Ana Lucia was quite agitated about the gun and marshall. The guys didn't say he died in the crash. Maybe she is an air marshall or cop and thinks they are bad guys.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-06-2005 at 10:27 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    My thoughts regarding the preview with Jin speaking English - I think that it is in some type of dream or vision, much like when Walt appeared to Shannon . . . i.e., Walt doesn't normally talk backwards, but in the "vision" (for lack of a better explanation for it), he did. Jin doesn't speak English, but in a "vision," it would certainly be possible.
    Good thought, I like that idea...

If Jin really does speak English I will be floored...all this time, I think what is shocking to me is that I convinced myself long ago there is no way he speaks English, when Michael was beating him to a bloody pulp I thought, now he is gonna say something...or even last night [when he wouldn't explain what happened to him]. If that were me I would have spilled the beans long ago.

I too think that Sawyer, Michael, and Jin's captors are from the tail section. They're just being cautious since they don't know who the guys are. I'm guessing they too have encountered the others and have reason to be cautious.

The girl in Des's picture could be Sarah. I wish I could do a side by side comparison. Maybe some of you awesome screencappers can do one! The look on Jack's face AFTER he sees the picture is most telling! I can't wait to see where this story goes!

I think Jin's sudden crossing of the language barrier has to be a vision. No way could he keep his secret and not blurt out English while running from the tail section crew. And how did he get away from them in the first place when together with Sawyer and Mike's help, they can't get away. Unless he somehow slipped away.

After watching the orientation film again in slow motion, I still think the big bankroller in the window is Locke's father. Again, I wish I had a side by side comparison to be sure.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread