+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 520 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Ooh, I was talking with my dad today who is a physicist. I was talking about the various numbers, and I mentioned that the "magic" series of numbers added up to 108. We were talking about the computer countdown and he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth. Just a thought!

I saw a Canadian preview for this week's episode and it gave away a lot more than the American one. Definitely a spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed Kate knifing Desmond from the back. Someone fires a gun (I think Locke) and it hits the computer, and Desmond says they're all going to die! Then there's a scene of Desmond running through the jungle.
    Well the numbers that he put in the computer obviously go to a satellite....

And that spoiler is amazing... haha I am in Canada and haven't seen that yet!!

I was thinking... you know how Kate was in the vents... well there must be some air ducts or something... like how could he breath.... but this is just my ability to not be able to get over reality.... when you watch shows like this you sorta have to give in to reality....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    hepcat- Thank you "he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth." to me, that is amazing! Especially since there is that correlation between the sun and earth: The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the earth. I love that stuff.

Thanks for the spoiler info
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate must not have hurt Desmond or he wouldn't have been able to run off. Hope he spills some answers before he takes off - I did see him running with his backpack in the American previews but not Kate.
    Thanks hepcat!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    HE HAS TO SPILL ANSWERS!! I will be so mad if he doesnt!!! Sorta' like Ethan... that made me so mad!! I hope they do....

Well good job guys... you guys are amazing... I really like that 108 thing... it makes sense... like every time the sattelite makes a revolution (his timer goes off) or something... he has to like connect or something....

QUESTION: Do you guys think that the "security system" that was dragging locke earlier was part of Desmonds??

FORT Fan
    i have two theories that haven't been said yet (or at least i haven't seen)

1.) maybe they really are just on one of the islands in Hawaii and they just can't find the other side of the island where people live :-P

2.) this really reminds me of Resident Evil movie, where people were watching through cameras and tested out something in an enclosed area. i think that the "island" is really just a place where the government or another organization (dharma) is doing a project. Like I said, this reminds me of the Resident Evil movie and also the movie "Stay Tuned" with whats his face who passed away within the last year or so. where there is a group watching over everyone...like a Big Brother type.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Ooh, I was talking with my dad today who is a physicist. I was talking about the various numbers, and I mentioned that the "magic" series of numbers added up to 108. We were talking about the computer countdown and he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth. Just a thought!

I saw a Canadian preview for this week's episode and it gave away a lot more than the American one. Definitely a spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed Kate knifing Desmond from the back. Someone fires a gun (I think Locke) and it hits the computer, and Desmond says they're all going to die! Then there's a scene of Desmond running through the jungle.

Ya I and I think Qboots posted that same spoiler last Wednesday night. I just figured that that particular scene was also shown on ABC. Our crappy CTV doesn't cut back to ABC now until after Invasion (stupid Invasion) so we dont get to see the ABC previews, unless we unplug our cable.

And I never unplug my cable.

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    What if Desmond had just "heard" the numbers as well and they had driven him crazy.

Without trying to account for why he is in the hatch, my thought is that he doesn't know why he is entering the numbers into the box, he just believes he has too.

In the Preview for Wednesday we see him running through the jungle with a backpack, I believe he is trying to escape from the Hatch area before whatever he thinks will happen - happens. He may have even left/tricked Locke or one of the other Losties to continue entering numbers for him.

I do think that Desmond is a good guy and whatever the reason is that he is running, he isn't abandoning the 'losties' (if they can convince him they are not evil, kidnapping Others). They need to catch a break!
    Maybe he is not trying to escape the hatch, I think he believes it is his safe zone until he can get off the island - and if he does have a way off, his part on the show is basically over, and I don't think the writers are done with him. My guess is he is running 'to' something. The other survivors? Danielle? A pay phone?
    Someone said earlier that the keyboard (or the computer?) gets shot, so maybe he has only 108 minutes or so to deactivate the 'security system' from outside.

In an earlier post, someone asked why no bio for Walt on the oceanicflight815 web site - it's directly under Michael's, you need to scroll down. Scroll to the bottom of each person's bio - there are others (not Others) too.
    Sorry not to quote the post, I tried to find it, but couldn't.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks to FlyAKite!!!! She's sending last week's episode to me since I missed it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Question for anyone who can answer. Is the actress who plays Shannon (Drawing a blank on her name) slated to leave "Lost"? I only ask because I saw her in a trailer for the new movie "The Fog" (remake of the original starring Jamie Lee Curtis) which is scheduled to come out later this year. I was just wondering if she plans on pursuing a film career.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Question for anyone who can answer. Is the actress who plays Shannon (Drawing a blank on her name) slated to leave "Lost"? I only ask because I saw her in a trailer for the new movie "The Fog" (remake of the original starring Jamie Lee Curtis) which is scheduled to come out later this year. I was just wondering if she plans on pursuing a film career.
    Her name is Maggie Grace. The film is already completed. A lot of tv actors do a film during the summer hiatus. For example, The Fog also stars Tom Welling who, during the year, is on the show Smallville. But you never know who will live and who will not on Lost so...maybe...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I believe there's a clause in every one of the Lost actors' contracts that says the writers can kill any one of them off at a moment's notice. So techincally they all have the same probability of being killed off.

CCL
    An interesting little thing I got from Kristin of Eonline's column
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently the numbers coordinate to a spot on the worldmap about halfway between Australia and LA. Here's the link. Doesn't appear to be much there.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread