+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 520 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    Just thought while Im having a posting day that ive just watched 'adrift' again, and (possible spoiler here)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if you pause the underwater shark scene, the logo on the sharks tail is slightly different to that in the hatch, as the image in the centre is more of a capital 'I' shape than the snake

Quote Originally Posted by TARrific
    Here's a theories:

Leonard was the prior 'caretaker' of the hatch? Desmond was his 'replacement'? Leonard went coo-coo for cocoa puffs, starting going crazy with the 4-8-15-16-42 mantra (every 108 minutes??). Somehow, he gets out, winds up in the funny farm and meets Hurley there (fuzzy on my memory of that ep).

Another thought:

Children/kids are the antidote of some sort; Desmond asks if anyone has become sick? Danielle was the only survivor of her party, and she had a kid. Claire's kid and Walt are the two that are keeping 815 survivors alive? The Others fetched Walt accordingly?
    Leonard said he got the numbers from Sam. Sam's wife told Hurley that Sam and Leonard were in the navy, stationed at a listening post in the pacific, and got them from a radio transmission (about 16 years ago - hmmmm). The hatch/bunker does have two beds in it.
    Were they there? If so, it just doesn't quite make sense that Desmond is now entering those numbers into the computer. Does anyone have some thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Hmm, since it has come from Lindelhoff that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    23 is a significant number that will have some meaning for you if you have read Robert A. Wilson, I am starting to get a Schroedinger's Cat/quantum physics vibe.

Just a thought.
    But that is neither here nor there (sorry, can't resist a bad joke )

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixTI6
    Just thought while Im having a posting day that ive just watched 'adrift' again, and (possible spoiler here)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if you pause the underwater shark scene, the logo on the sharks tail is slightly different to that in the hatch, as the image in the centre is more of a capital 'I' shape than the snake
    Phoenix, I thought they looked slightly different at first, but then decided it could be an allusion because of the water and camera angle. It might mean something though.

I am still confused and wondering about Desmonds roll in all of this. Was he in some type of endurance training when Jack ran into him on the bleachers? Is he part of some government experiment or secretive project?

He doesn't appear to be connected with the Others - but has he been watching them? Do the Others even live on the island, or over on another island.

We know the Others are looking for young-uns and they have the ability to make Walt a ghost like figure/hologram (whatever) - but if they are not associated with Desmond, why did Walt say "don't press the button, No button is bad" (or some such thing)?

My head is spinning. Hope this week will clear up some Q's.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    We know the Others are looking for young-uns and they have the ability to make Walt a ghost like figure/hologram (whatever) - but if they are not associated with Desmond, why did Walt say "don't press the button, No button is bad" (or some such thing)?

My head is spinning. Hope this week will clear up some Q's.
    Well actually we don't know how Walt appeared, or who did it for that matter. It could have been Shannon's own mind, or Vincent, or the Others, or Walt himself, or heck even the island could have done it.

There's so many ways that things can be interpreted that it makes it impossible for the fans to correctly guess some things, which I think makes for a better show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    Leonard said he got the numbers from Sam. Sam's wife told Hurley that Sam and Leonard were in the navy, stationed at a listening post in the pacific, and got them from a radio transmission (about 16 years ago - hmmmm). The hatch/bunker does have two beds in it.
    Were they there? If so, it just doesn't quite make sense that Desmond is now entering those numbers into the computer. Does anyone have some thoughts on this?
    What if Desmond had just "heard" the numbers as well and they had driven him crazy.

Without trying to account for why he is in the hatch, my thought is that he doesn't know why he is entering the numbers into the box, he just believes he has too.

In the Preview for Wednesday we see him running through the jungle with a backpack, I believe he is trying to escape from the Hatch area before whatever he thinks will happen - happens. He may have even left/tricked Locke or one of the other Losties to continue entering numbers for him.

Could be some military project, launched during the nuclear watching time in history when missiles were launched manually.....and this island's missile is set to launch and kept from launching by the insertion of the numbers.....time passed and someone forgot to notify the island's inhabitant who is keeping it going even after the gov abandoned it. So Desmond has been all alone, waiting for "him" to arrive to either take over or disable it....

And the guy in the mental hospital with the numbers, was on the job prior to desmond. Went nuts having to insert the numbers for all those years....and was hauled off the island and put into the hospital.....
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    But that is neither here nor there (sorry, can't resist a bad joke )

It struck my funny bone.

Ooh, I was talking with my dad today who is a physicist. I was talking about the various numbers, and I mentioned that the "magic" series of numbers added up to 108. We were talking about the computer countdown and he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth. Just a thought!

I saw a Canadian preview for this week's episode and it gave away a lot more than the American one. Definitely a spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed Kate knifing Desmond from the back. Someone fires a gun (I think Locke) and it hits the computer, and Desmond says they're all going to die! Then there's a scene of Desmond running through the jungle.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Ooh, I was talking with my dad today who is a physicist. I was talking about the various numbers, and I mentioned that the "magic" series of numbers added up to 108. We were talking about the computer countdown and he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth. Just a thought!

I saw a Canadian preview for this week's episode and it gave away a lot more than the American one. Definitely a spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed Kate knifing Desmond from the back. Someone fires a gun (I think Locke) and it hits the computer, and Desmond says they're all going to die! Then there's a scene of Desmond running through the jungle.

hepcat- Thank you "he said that 108 minutes is about the length of time it takes for a satellite to orbit the earth." to me, that is amazing! Especially since there is that correlation between the sun and earth: The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the earth. I love that stuff.

Thanks for the spoiler info
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate must not have hurt Desmond or he wouldn't have been able to run off. Hope he spills some answers before he takes off - I did see him running with his backpack in the American previews but not Kate.
    Thanks hepcat!

+ Reply to Thread