+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 520 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Concerning who the Others wanted: remember, they (or Ethan at least) wanted Claire's baby FIRST.

Then, either: 1. Claire escaped before they could do any testing or 2. they did testing and found out the baby was not the one they wanted.

Then, after Aaron was born, either 1. (from above) they could feel/see that Aaron had no powers, so they decided to go after Walt or 2. they were waiting for the right time to take the other child on the island, Walt.
    or the OTHERS always wanted "the boy" meaning Walt... and it was just Ethan who had this weird fetish with Claire / Aaron... because We dont even know if Ethan was an other... if he was he sure cleaned up...

I think that the Others always wanted Walt and Danielle just mistakened them!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Ethan was as creepy as all the other Others, which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Kristin from EOnline has an annoying "spoiler riddle". She puts out two storylines and says one is false, one is true. So one of these is a spoiler for either Desperate Housewives or Lost:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Spoiler Riddle: One of the following storylines is true. The other is bogus. Is it (1) On Lost, we'll find out that the Others have killed the other survivors of Flight 815 or (2) on Desperate Housewives, Gabrielle is having triplets?
    http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/050930c.html

I'm not watching Desperate Housewives, so how likely is it that the DH one is fake?
    Well heppy, I don't know anything for sure, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I believe the photos I've seen from future LOST episodes are of tail section survivors, not of "Others". Although I'm at a loss to explain why. And the writers of DH are just wacky enough to give triplets to a woman who never wanted any kids in the first place.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Concerning who the Others wanted: remember, they (or Ethan at least) wanted Claire's baby FIRST.

Then, either: 1. Claire escaped before they could do any testing or 2. they did testing and found out the baby was not the one they wanted.

Then, after Aaron was born, either 1. (from above) they could feel/see that Aaron had no powers, so they decided to go after Walt or 2. they were waiting for the right time to take the other child on the island, Walt.
    This was my theory: Way back in season 1, Walt was reading Hurley's comic and in it one of the characters said something about not making the innocents pay for what was done 1/2 century ago. That led me to think that maybe the Others are after an innocent person. Who more innocent than a child? It wouldn't matter who's child, and a baby would make most sense, since it would be a child for a longer period of time. When they couldn't get Aaron (I think they kept Claire for so long because they had to wait for the baby to be born, but she escaped and then Ethan got killed), Walt made for the next best thing. All of this is assuming that Alex fit the bill until she got old enough to not be "innocent" anymore.
    As for Walt's powers, the Others may not know he has them; they may be something the writers gave him to hold his own against the Others (and to make him a more interesting character).

That may be farfetched, but what about this show isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well heppy, I don't know anything for sure, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I believe the photos I've seen from future LOST episodes are of tail section survivors, not of "Others". Although I'm at a loss to explain why. And the writers of DH are just wacky enough to give triplets to a woman who never wanted any kids in the first place.
    I think you're right about that -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It would be hysterical to watch Gabrielle dealing with not just one baby she didn't want, but three! - and Lynette is back to work, leaving a desperate househusband to deal with those little angels

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Ethan was as creepy as all the other Others, which he was.
    Was not!

OK SQUAT, looks like you and I are gonna have to arm-wrestle over this one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Hmm, since it has come from Lindelhoff that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    23 is a significant number that will have some meaning for you if you have read Robert A. Wilson, I am starting to get a Schroedinger's Cat/quantum physics vibe.

Just a thought.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Was not!

OK SQUAT, looks like you and I are gonna have to arm-wrestle over this one.

FORT Newbie
    Thought I would just bring my theory back to light, what I called the dead mans switch, since it was explained poorly last time. The countdown from 108 ends with desmond having to input the numbers and if he does not do this in time, I think something like a nuclear weapons cache would detonate. The monster could be a caretaker for the island keeping missile silos clear from trees and what not?? this would also make sense about why desmond asked if the world was still there, as this could be him trying to confirm that he is serving his purpose correctly?? what do you all think??

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixTI6
    Thought I would just bring my theory back to light, what I called the dead mans switch, since it was explained poorly last time. The countdown from 108 ends with desmond having to input the numbers and if he does not do this in time, I think something like a nuclear weapons cache would detonate. The monster could be a caretaker for the island keeping missile silos clear from trees and what not?? this would also make sense about why desmond asked if the world was still there, as this could be him trying to confirm that he is serving his purpose correctly?? what do you all think??
    I'm leaning towards the idea that he has to input the numbers like that in order to keep the island defenses in place and operational. I don't think there is going to be a nuclear weapons angle. I know we discussed the idea of radiation sickness - but I think it more likely that Desmond believes that some kind of biological agent was/is at work making people ill. I think that we saw him inocculating himself against this agent. As to why he in particular is in the hatch.. and how he got there... and who he's waiting for...

+ Reply to Thread