+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 520 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    A few notes to fellow posters (I can't be bothered trying to use "quote" today ):

hepcat: I believe the creators first mapped out season one to last for 40 days, but ABC kept ordering more episodes as the season went on. I trust Locke when he says 44.

A belated Welcome to cricketeen! It has occurred to me also that it may have been Ethan that Desmond was waiting for.

CCL: are we sure Ethan was an "Other"? I see him more as a rogue, like Danielle. Ethan and Danielle both wanted the baby, "The Others" did not.

JR: have faith baby! I'm sure the writers know where they're going. They have the main story in mind, they just need to flesh out each episode as it comes. The writing process is just as time-consuming as the filming process, so they can't have an entire season scripted before they even start.

jette66: Danielle's changing of the broadcast couldn't have affected Desmond. She did that 16 years ago, long before he even got there.

myrosiedog: Kojak from The Stand was an auburn Irish Setter. But he may have been a Yellow Lab in the movie version. .

I agree the flashbacks were a bit lame this time. But I think that's only because Michael has a much more boring past that anyone else. He hasn't killed anyone or robbed any banks. I'm guessing they were just trying to get us to understand that he doesn't see Walt as some kind of albatross around his neck. He didn't give Walt up willingly, and he'll fight with every ounce of his strength to get him back.
    I could have sworn that Kojak was a yellow lab in the tv movie.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    But she realized that they weren't interested in the baby, she said they wanted "The Boy". So if Ethan was an "Other", why didn't he kidnap Walt instead of Claire?

Maybe Ethan (part of the Others) abducted Claire, thinking that Aaron was the one they needed, but after testing, they found out that Aaron wasnt the one.

During this testing time, Ethan probably began having an obsession for Claire, an obsession that the other Others didnt approve of. Hence, when Ethan went to get Claire back (for himself), the other Others didnt help him because Claire was of no use to them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    One thing I don't understand is WHY did he have to have Locke enter the numbers into the computer? It seemed like he (Desmond) didn't know how to do it? Why not? If he has been down there all this time, wouldn't he have been the one to keep entering the numbers?
    He probably didnt want to drop the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    OK Dagwood, what kind of dog was Kojak? Was it the same breed as Vincent?
    I may have to re-read this now.
    He was an Irish Setter in the book. In the movie he reminded me more of a Yellow Lab. I think Vincent is a Lab, but I am not sure.
    Last edited by dagwood; 09-30-2005 at 09:07 PM.

myrosiedog: Kojak from The Stand was an auburn Irish Setter. But he may have been a Yellow Lab in the movie version. .
    Looks like I am not the only Stand fan on the board.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Looks like I am not the only Stand fan on the board.
    The Stand is the only Stephen King book I've read. I don't do horror or scary.
    Wait, I did read Carrie way back when. But I was in high school and like every teenager went to see all the scary stuff at the movies and read that book because it was the "it" thing to read at the time in school. But since then no. I don't like to be scared. My husband got me to read the stand as he loves King and said it wasn't scary. It wasn't. It was a VERY good book. But his other books are too scary. I even went back and watched the mini series. I'd re-read the book again too.

Side note: he has a winter home near where we live. My husband worked out there, not for King, but for a contractor (its on a barrier island off the Florida coast) and used to see him around the island, but never got a chance to speak to him. I've seen the house. It's HUGE and has this really large, really odd, really scary sculpture on the front porch. Sort of looks like the clown from It.

He also has ivory tusks that are mounted somehow where they curve toward each other in his big front window. (yes, I will admit to driving by a few times. LOL) But when my dh worked out there, we had access to the private beach which was a NICE perk as none of the residents evidently used it.

Jerry Springer had a house out there too. Not that I saw him either or wanted too. LOL!

(note: not trying to brag. I hope it didn't come across that way. I just would like to run into him one day and ask: why? Why do you write this stuff and how do you think of it? and I think its spooky he chose to live near here. I hope he doesn't attact spooky stuff. LOL!!!!!!!!!!)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    The Stand is the only Stephen King book I've read. I don't do horror or scary.
    Wait, I did read Carrie way back when. But I was in high school and like every teenager went to see all the scary stuff at the movies and read that book because it was the "it" thing to read at the time in school. But since then no. I don't like to be scared. My husband got me to read the stand as he loves King and said it wasn't scary. It wasn't. It was a VERY good book. But his other books are too scary. I even went back and watched the mini series. I'd re-read the book again too.

Side note: he has a winter home near where we live. My husband worked out there, not for King, but for a contractor (its on a barrier island off the Florida coast) and used to see him around the island, but never got a chance to speak to him. I've seen the house. It's HUGE and has this really large, really odd, really scary sculpture on the front porch. Sort of looks like the clown from It.

He also has ivory tusks that are mounted somehow where they curve toward each other in his big front window. (yes, I will admit to driving by a few times. LOL) But when my dh worked out there, we had access to the private beach which was a NICE perk as none of the residents evidently used it.

Jerry Springer had a house out there too. Not that I saw him either or wanted too. LOL!

(note: not trying to brag. I hope it didn't come across that way. I just would like to run into him one day and ask: why? Why do you write this stuff and how do you think of it? and I think its spooky he chose to live near here. I hope he doesn't attact spooky stuff. LOL!!!!!!!!!!)
    I think I would have done the same thing. (driven by his house, wished to meet him). I love Stephen King. His books are pretty scary. Bag of Bones really got to me. The Stand is the best book, IMO.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    i dont think that danielle MADE the fire!!
    yes she did

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    yes she did
    ok... but how do you know?

and if she did make the fire... then why did she go to it?? I just dont understand....

can you tell me how you know / think this?

Davis, I guess we think alike. I assumed that when Danielle saw the fire, and heard the whispers about the boy, she thought the others wanted Aaron. Danielle didn't count on them wanting "the boy" Walt, if she had realized that, I bet she would have tried to offer him up in exchange for Alex.

I have no explanation as to why the Others would want Walt (first) and not Aaron, but I bet the writers have. All in do time - has to be some mystery you know. If we figured it all out, there would no longer be a show to watch.

It might be that they have a need for Walt and his powers, and will come back for Aaron later -perhaps in season 3 or maybe during the next sweeps - who knows??

My feeling is that Danielle did not set the fire, and that Ethan was an "Other", but I could well be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread