+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 520 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Closed Captioning is notoriously wrong in a lot of spots. We were on vacation last year and we could not get the CC off the tv in our hotel room. So when we were in the room at night watching tv, I found my eyes drawn to reading the CC. There were some hideous mistakes and some pretty funny and things that made no sense whatsoever. It made me feel even worse for deaf people if they have to put up with that when they watch tv.
    Yeah, but what were you watching late at night? A "live" talk show like Letterman? The captioners type those shows "live", so they do miss a lot. Captioning is much more reliable on these scripted shows, since usually the captioner has the script in front of them. Not saying that what was in the caption was exactly what Desmond said, but I sure didn't hear "The World is still out there?", and his accent is pretty thick for anyone to say 100% what he said.

I thought he said "The wall is still out there?", like there is some invisible wall that surrounds the island that crashes planes or something like that. Then I checked the captions. I am almost positive I heard the ALL sound correctly, and, if you take it in context of the conversation at that point....Locke had just told him that he was in a plane crash with 43 survivors, and Desmond then asked "They're all still out there?"...as in all of the survivors are still outside of the hatch on the island.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    One thing I don't understand is WHY did he have to have Locke enter the numbers into the computer? It seemed like he (Desmond) didn't know how to do it? Why not? If he has been down there all this time, wouldn't he have been the one to keep entering the numbers?
    I think Desmond just wanted to be able to watch Locke and not be vulnerable to an attack from him.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    We were having a big storm, so our reception for this episode was terrible - I missed lots! It sounded to me when Desmond told Locke to put the numbers into the computer he first asked him something like "Do you know how to work that box over there?" That would imply that he's been down there long enough to not be familiar with computers. But someone mentioned that when Sarah was in the hospital (same day Jack met Desmond in the stadium) there was a doctor with a cell phone. This timeline has me definitely confused.

I'm also curious about whether Desmond did or did not recognize Jack. Last week I thought he did, but this week I'm thinking he didn't.

I really enjoyed the way this episode was the same timeline from other characters' points of view - not disappointed at all.

Oh by the way - I was in Walmart yesterday and they have a large-format paperback book of Lost background that includes a DVD. I think it was $12 or $13. I don't have a lot of extra cash right now, but I'm thinking I might have to indulge!!! It was on a rack with similar books about several (maybe four?) other TV shows, but Lost was the only one I could pay attention to!

Since there's always SO MUCh in every episode, I wish they would continue playing a repeat of last week's before this week's episode...but I guess not for now. (If anyone from ABC is reading this - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!)

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    We were having a big storm, so our reception for this episode was terrible - I missed lots! It sounded to me when Desmond told Locke to put the numbers into the computer he first asked him something like "Do you know how to work that box over there?" That would imply that he's been down there long enough to not be familiar with computers. But someone mentioned that when Sarah was in the hospital (same day Jack met Desmond in the stadium) there was a doctor with a cell phone. This timeline has me definitely confused.

Perhaps it was because Desmond thought Locke might be too old to not know what a computer was?

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I think Desmond recognized Jack. The camera work went back and forth between the both of their faces a couple times and Desmond had that look on his face.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I think Desmond recognized Jack. The camera work went back and forth between the both of their faces a couple times and Desmond had that look on his face.
    I noticed that too.... I think that was sort of implied...

Anyways Lost is doing REALLY well in my eyes, its suspesful, intelligent, plainly jsut a good show!!

Keep up the good work! (I cant wait to see the islanders!!)

A few notes to fellow posters (I can't be bothered trying to use "quote" today ):

hepcat: I believe the creators first mapped out season one to last for 40 days, but ABC kept ordering more episodes as the season went on. I trust Locke when he says 44.

A belated Welcome to cricketeen! It has occurred to me also that it may have been Ethan that Desmond was waiting for.

CCL: are we sure Ethan was an "Other"? I see him more as a rogue, like Danielle. Ethan and Danielle both wanted the baby, "The Others" did not.

JR: have faith baby! I'm sure the writers know where they're going. They have the main story in mind, they just need to flesh out each episode as it comes. The writing process is just as time-consuming as the filming process, so they can't have an entire season scripted before they even start.

jette66: Danielle's changing of the broadcast couldn't have affected Desmond. She did that 16 years ago, long before he even got there.

myrosiedog: Kojak from The Stand was an auburn Irish Setter. But he may have been a Yellow Lab in the movie version. .

I agree the flashbacks were a bit lame this time. But I think that's only because Michael has a much more boring past that anyone else. He hasn't killed anyone or robbed any banks. I'm guessing they were just trying to get us to understand that he doesn't see Walt as some kind of albatross around his neck. He didn't give Walt up willingly, and he'll fight with every ounce of his strength to get him back.
    Last edited by Qboots; 09-30-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    As long as Bobby Ewing doesn't end up walking out of a shower somewhere...
    Yeah - I can't shake the feeling that this will all end up being imagined by Hurley while he is having a psychotic episode in the mental hospital. (Shades of Buffy)
    If that is the case, I'll never watch anything these people produce again!!!

And if anyone walks out of the shower, let it be Sawyer!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN

And didn't Desmond call Jack "brother" again? (Hurley also called Jack "brother" in a scene from season one.)

CCL: are we sure Ethan was an "Other"? I see him more as a rogue, like Danielle. Ethan and Danielle both wanted the baby, "The Others" did not.
    I've been going on the assumption that Ethan is an Other because his name is an anagram. Ethan Rom = Other Man. I can't see them throwing that in there and NOT having him be an Other.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread