+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 520 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I actually found the whole Sawyer-Michael interacton amusing last night. With Sawyer complaining that the kidnapped Walt was better off, drinking cocoa with the others, and what was Michael going to do, splash him? Thought it was great.

Me, too.

I really don't think so. If he had met Jack 16 years ago Jack would be much older now. It seems like Jack & Desmond met within the last few years.

Also, cricketeen

Ethan was one of the Others (Ethan Rom =Other Man). Ethan tried to steal the pregnant Claire in order to get her soon-to-be born baby. The Others have tried to get Claire's child, and now they've stolen Walt, and before they took Danielle's child. So it seems like they are trying out children until they get the one they want (for what purpose, I don't know).
    Thanks for the explanation...
    Danielle's daughter would be about 16 now, so she's no longer a child. I know the Others are nutso, but it seems that Walt would be getting a little long in the tooth for them, too, so why bother with him? I do think that the knife throwing lesson Locke gave him will serve him well.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Walt still has powers / immunity they desire.

Maybe they need a bunch of gifted people, and Alex wasn't powerful enough for their purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Well, if Ethan was an Other, you'ld think HE would be the one carrying a weapon in order to snatch Turnip Head. Perhaps those in the boat are the ones who aren't part of the Others......
    of course... keep in mind that Ethan was playing "undercover plane crash survivor".. so maybe he didn't want to risk blowing his cover in the beginning.

And afterwards... when they set him up using Claire as bait - maybe his arrogance (and general pyscho-ness) made his leave the weapons at home

Perhaps the Others took Walt to try and PROTECT the survivors? You know....white and black? Good and evil? Maybe Walt's not an antidote...maybe he's the cause of all these deaths? How did his mother die again?

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    My daughter was talking when he asked the snowman joke and I could tell it was something important. Two things to add - I am soooooo impressed with the way Locke is handling Desmond. Very calm and informative and understanding without being patronizing. Also, while several people reported on Sawyer's raft breaking up, nobody bothered to mention that it was because Michael beat on it with a pole!!! After Sawyer brought him back from the dead! I was pissed at Michael! With a shark swimming around and Sawyer bleeding! Not the time to get all pissy like that. Jerk. I don't want Sun to end up with him. I'm pulling for her to get back with Jin after they've both had a chance to realize they could have blown it for real. My theory on Desmond is that he was put there with instructions to keep punching those numbers when the thing beeps or else ??? will happen. I don't think he knows about the others. He didn't even know if people still existed at all. He thought anyone who came to the island got sick. Danielle got to the island 16 years ago, right? Could Desmond have been in her party and still fit the timeframe with Jack? They were doing some scientific stuff. Maybe Desmond had come on ahead and when people started getting sick, locked himself in the hatch. Maybe the shark had been part of the scientific stuff and was branded with the logo for identification purposes. Ok, that's all I've got.
    I was thinking along the same lines of punching the numbers with one exception,instead of something happing to him,something happens on the island,i.e. the "monster" appears or whatever. Also some have named similarities between Lost and The Stand,here is another. The puffs of black smoke in Lost could be like the black crow in The Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Walt still has powers / immunity they desire.

Maybe they need a bunch of gifted people, and Alex wasn't powerful enough for their purposes.
    Or as she approaches adulthood she loses whatever quality they need.

Just because the stuff inside the hatch is “old” doesn’t mean Desmond has been down there as long as the stuff. It only means that the hatch was built/equipped xx years ago with current-for-that-time-period items.

Just my 2cents worth on “how long has Desmond been in the hatch?”

Quote Originally Posted by ByteBabe
    Just because the stuff inside the hatch is “old” doesn’t mean Desmond has been down there as long as the stuff. It only means that the hatch was built/equipped xx years ago with current-for-that-time-period items.

Just my 2cents worth on “how long has Desmond been in the hatch?”
    I agree; someone stated earlier that the marks on the wall indicated that he had been there for many years, but 365 x 5 years or so is over 1800 hash marks. Not that 5 years is not a long time to be living in some underground bunker (That's assuming he met Jack about 5 years ago and then went underground at some point during his race around the world). And not everything is from the late 60's/early 70's.
    But a 30 yr. old candy bar? MMMM chewy!

Hey y'all! I keep reading here that Desmond asked "Is the world still out there" or something along those lines last night. If this is the same line that I heard as "The wall is still out there?" and then rewound a bunch of times until I decided to put the close captioning on, he actually said(according to the captions) "They're all still out there?" Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not.

Season 2 is great so far! I'm really loving it...again!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I read on here earlier today that there were similarities to the stand.

Mr. Myrosiedog said that there was a dog in the Stand too and in the miniseries, it helps Gary Sinese's character (forgive us, its been a long time since we either read or saw this and the names escape us) after he breaks his leg and is in the canyon. It brings him food. So similarities to Vincent maybe?
    Stand geek here. Gary Sinese played Stuart Redman and the dog was Kojak.

**runs off to find the book and read it again**

+ Reply to Thread