+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 520 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

well the one thing I noticed is that once the "timer" or whatever it is was set back to 108:00 it did not move. So the first time it started was when the raft exploded? Maybe a shark was killed then? because the second time it started was maybe after the shark was shot by Michael?

just a guess...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    236. I took it as 2 min. 36 sec.
    not sure about it being minutes if "resetting it" puts it at 108

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    You know, it occurs to me that if there's an artificial shark or some kind of radio-controlled shark, maybe that explains the polar bear too.
    not sure about that either because of all the blood that splattered from the gunshot wound. I thought it may be just a wink-wink from the writers to us.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    I also noticed when Jin came running out yelling "others, others", that the group of people coming after him almost looked zombie-like, and my BF said they all looked crazy. It also looked like Ana Lucia was down in that hole with Sawyer and Michael, so are the "zombie" looking people the "Others" and they captured Ana, or are they from flight 815 and are getting sick because they don't have any kids to keep them well on their side of the island?
    Ethan Rom wasn't on the flight manifesto, plus Danielle has mentioned the Others. Ana could very well have been an original survivor from the front section, if she was in that section during the crash. She could have walked away from the rest because IT IS SHE who is "he" whom Desmond exspects. She could have a 108 rx to keep her healthy. Far fetched? Mmmmmmmmaybe.

As far as the kids being antidotes, I think Danielle may have given birth after the sickness infected the crew (what was the timeline?)
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 09-29-2005 at 09:20 AM.

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    A friend at another forum caught the screencap of the shark logo! (Damn, I wish I had his TV. )

You know, it occurs to me that if there's an artificial shark or some kind of radio-controlled shark, maybe that explains the polar bear too.
    Great picture! It was at least a flesh and blood shark, because when Michael shot it, there was blood in the water.
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Considering we all here are looking for EVERY detail.... The name of the Kate's candy bar was "Apollo"
    I noticed that the candy bar was named Apollo as well. Also, further upthread, hepcat posted a picture of Desmond's mural and the number 108 was written inside a picture of a sun. Apollo is the Greek god of the sun. Connections?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

the key to the question of is it 108 minutes, lies in the fact if the pinging sound was evident in the opening of season 2 1st episode. Then we would know that it could be 108 minutes because of the timeline with the hatch being "blown" and the time it took Jack to decide to go back in to the cave.......but the fact that the "clock" didn't move immediately after being "reset" could mean that one has 108 minutes after something specific happens.....

Can someone tell me what the code is for the barcode on the oceanic 815 website? I thought it was the numbers, but it appears to only allow text to be entered. Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but this is a huge thread.

Here's another thought on the idea that Desmond might be monitoring some sort of nuclear device: what if the "sickness" is radiation sickness? And then the stuff he was injecting could be iodine, or iodide -- don't you take one of those to ward off radiation poisoning?

I wondered if the "108" meant that Desmond has to punch in the sequence every 108 minutes. That might explain why he's so twitchy -- years of never getting more than 108 minutes of sleep.

I love the idea that the guy in the psych ward once lived in the bunker.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    yeah, I posted something about radiation from the strong magnetic force causing thing from the other room.

potassium iodine is the anti-radiation drug to be more specific (I had no clue until Lucy mentioned iodine).

okay...I'm starting to buy into the 108 minutes theory, but that is 1 hour 48 minutes. Could the timeline hold true? Desmond woke and entered the code, did his eating & exercise routine,and then the hatch blew off. They didn't enter the hatch right away.

almost 2 hours between codes ? possible.
    216 minutes ?
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 09-29-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Premium Member
    I don't see why we have to have a flashback every episode. We didn't really learn anything new about Michael/Walt's relationship; the only moment worth seeing was the stuffed polar bear he gave Walt. I wanted island action, not more reason to dislike Susan!
    Well said! I felt the same way - all of the Michael/Walt flashbacks did nothing to help me understand or believe how strongly Michael feels for Walt, especially since we kinda saw how well they bonded (not) all last season - so why all that flashback last night? Didn't learn anything new, and it just felt like filler.

I still wish the show would answer a lot more questions from the first season, instead of just continuing along only raising more questions - I need closure!! (Dang my cursed short attention span!) It's just that I see this season falling into the same pattern as last season - many hours/days spent here discussing specific details and coming up with theories, but never any resolution. I still want to know what 'monster' thing is on the island, but when was the last time the survivors even encountered or mentioned it? They haven't seemed worried about it for weeks now. I still want to know what's up with Walt's coincidences/abilities, but that doesn't seem to be anywhere close to being answered. How about why Locke is able to walk now? Why Claire's baby can only be raised by her? All those things we discussed each and every day last season have all suddenly been replaced by new mysteries (which will likely go unanswered all season long) or new storylines (a shark with apparent corporate sponsorship; Hurley's lucky numbers showing up in every scene now; the Others getting air time and speaking roles) so I just can't seem to find the energy to analyze the show frame by frame anymore. I am probably wrong, but I am coming to the conclusion that perhaps this show isn't as deep as we thought/hoped it might be (okay, so I still feel let down about 'the black rock' - our theories were sooo much better than reality, heh).

I'll still be watching, though.

And asking questions.

Such as, if Desmond was expecting 'him' to show up, how was 'him' supposed to arrive or meet up with Desmond? It took dynamite to blow the lid off the hatch - seems as if Desmond was expecting a replacement, that's not how they would arrive - by having to blast their way in.

On a sidenote, anyone reading the diary on the ABC website? Confusing. The first page says they found the journal half buried in the sand, yet all of the diary entries are current, but the person who found the journal is concerned about having to share the island with the person who wrote the diary and wonders who that person is, but the diary says that person is Janelle Granger from Hermosa Beach, CA, so why wouldn't the person who found the journal know who she is? And if this is supposed to indicate the person found the diary in the future, why are they still sharing the island? And the person writing the diary somehow knows every little thing that Locke, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc. do, by watching them without being seen - a bit unbelievable.

MRD
    I felt last night we got about 10 min of info from a 60 min. show. The replay of the hatch scene was just that, reply with a "few" new insights. But basically a repeat of last week. And the Walt/Michael thing was fluff. Nothing related to anything except the stuffed toy was a polar bear.

I hope they don't jerk us around like this all season.

The raft stuff and subsequent arrival back on the island and a few tidbits from the hatch/bunker were it.

And the other question? Will Charlie start going Heroin again?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread