+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 520 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

MRD

Similarities to the Stand

I read on here earlier today that there were similarities to the stand.

Mr. Myrosiedog said that there was a dog in the Stand too and in the miniseries, it helps Gary Sinese's character (forgive us, its been a long time since we either read or saw this and the names escape us) after he breaks his leg and is in the canyon. It brings him food. So similarities to Vincent maybe?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Question: Why did Desmond ask Jack the name of the woman/girl Jack was stressed over when he was running up and down the stairs. I am rewatching the 1st episode (4th time sheesh) and am wondering how many people bother to actually ask what the persons name is? What difference would it make? Anyone think maybe Desmond looked Sarah up and gave her an injection? Am I being absurd, in addition to fanatical?

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    See, I took it that Desmond was put there, maybe to monitor something, with supplies to stay a long time, but that he's been left there a lot longer than he expected. He's marking off days on the wall, he asked Locke if the world was still there, he's been expecting someone he'd finally given up hope of seeing (isn't that generally what he said to Locke when he was asking if he was "him"? That Desmond thought "him" would never come?). So it seems to me that Desmond's been left there, and that he's afraid of what's outside his hatch. I don't think he's one of the Others. I think the Others essentially have him trapped in there, like a rabbit in a hole.
    exactly what I think

And, Desmond was very frantic when Locke had to type in the sequence, so I do think he has "presidential" control over everything in the hatch. You can hear the sound of some machine/generator groaning louder right up until Locke finished typing.

What were the numbers set at before Locke started typing ?

Quote Originally Posted by TARrific
    Here's a theories:

Leonard was the prior 'caretaker' of the hatch? Desmond was his 'replacement'? Leonard went coo-coo for cocoa puffs, starting going crazy with the 4-8-15-16-42 mantra (every 108 minutes??). Somehow, he gets out, winds up in the funny farm and meets Hurley there (fuzzy on my memory of that ep).

Another thought:

Children/kids are the antidote of some sort; Desmond asks if anyone has become sick? Danielle was the only survivor of her party, and she had a kid. Claire's kid and Walt are the two that are keeping 815 survivors alive? The Others fetched Walt accordingly?
    I mentioned the kid/antidote theory as well

I like the Leonard theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Ok, so the bunker could be some sort of place built by the military in case of nuclear strike -- hence the supplies, the old records, and the old computer -- and Desmond's a monitor put there to key in a counter-strike code if necessary. That might explain why he asked if the world still existed.
    If it hadn't, though, it appears he wasn't doing his job.
    And his actions are interesting since we know he met Jack (relatively) not too long ago.

I'm still thinking the Latin chick from the plane might be his replacement.

Lucy, I agree with your thoughts about Desmond. I thought it was telling that he asked if the world was still up there.

It's so frustrating to see you guys posting in here all night! I didn't want to be spoiled so I had to wait for the West Coast airing.

I don't see why we have to have a flashback every episode. We didn't really learn anything new about Michael/Walt's relationship; the only moment worth seeing was the stuffed polar bear he gave Walt. I wanted island action, not more reason to dislike Susan!

Desmond seemed a lot more paranoid than I expected, and so darn nervous about the alarm and the numbers. You'd think it would be old hat by now, going by all the ticks on the wall.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TARrific
    In the scenes for next week, who said "we're all going to die?" Just the dialog was heard ... I think it's Sayid, the wife says it's Jack.

So much info from this ep. to process! Oh man, that symbol on the shark's tail gave me the creeps.
    I replayed the scenes for next week a couple times and closed my eyes when it got to the "we're all going to die" part. Someone here mentioned they thought it was Sayid, so I asked my BF who he thought said that, and he said it sounded like Desmond.

I also saw the symbol on the shark's tail. That was pretty creepy. Any ideas or thoughts on why the shark has the same symbol as the one on Desmonds medicine cabinet, jumpsuit and all the food in the storage room?

I also noticed when Jin came running out yelling "others, others", that the group of people coming after him almost looked zombie-like, and my BF said they all looked crazy. It also looked like Ana Lucia was down in that hole with Sawyer and Michael, so are the "zombie" looking people the "Others" and they captured Ana, or are they from flight 815 and are getting sick because they don't have any kids to keep them well on their side of the island?

ETA: Next weeks previews also showed Desmond running outside of the hatch with what looked like a backpack. Could it be possible that Desmond left the hatch, and left Locke in charge of typing in the numbers?

I also really hope there's another way out of that hatch, because I'd hate to have to pull Hurley back up out of it.
    Last edited by jette66; 09-29-2005 at 01:45 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I definitely agree with everyone who thinks that Desmond is protecting something...And as soon as I saw that symbol on the shark I got so excited! I thought I would be able to get on here and say something you all haven't noticed, but you're just too good for me! I think the shark is part of the security for the island, there to aid Desmond in whatever he's there for.

I don't think that the kids help protect against the sickness because Danielle's team was all sick...so maybe Danielle's daughter kept her from getting sick but not everyone else, so Walt, Michael, Claire, and her baby would be the only one's not getting sick if that was the case. Maybe it has something to do with the side of the island they're on? Because omg the survivors that Jin finds definitely seem sick to me. Except the main character girl that we haven't met ( I don't know her name)----maybe she has a kid? (sorry thats just a random thought)

I LOVE the idea about the guy from the psych ward repeating the numbers being the one who was in the hatch before Desmond---I don't have the first season on dvd so I can't remember, but wasn't the guy in the psych ward married? And lived in the dessert or something? Or was that supposedly who Hurley's friend heard the numbers from? I can't remember!

Oh, and one last thing! Last week I thought that Desmond recognized Jack...but now I'm not so sure. Maybe he forgot about the quick meeting in the stadium from being alone in a hatch for so long??

A friend at another forum caught the screencap of the shark logo! (Damn, I wish I had his TV. )

You know, it occurs to me that if there's an artificial shark or some kind of radio-controlled shark, maybe that explains the polar bear too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    exactly what I think

And, Desmond was very frantic when Locke had to type in the sequence, so I do think he has "presidential" control over everything in the hatch. You can hear the sound of some machine/generator groaning louder right up until Locke finished typing.

What were the numbers set at before Locke started typing ?
    236. I took it as 2 min. 36 sec.

+ Reply to Thread