+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 520 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    didn't Locke say 44
    or am I confusing it with it being 44 days since the crash right?
    He said 44 days since the crash (which I just love! Timelines get me excited ) and he said there were 43 survivors, minus the 4 that sailed off on the raft.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    43 people alive, 4 left on the boat, 44 days on the island
    10 - 4

Hurley makes it down the hatch

don't lock him in the food storage room.............

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Hurley makes it down the hatch

don't lock him in the food storage room.............
    Well, at least he'd have an excuse why he isn't losing weight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

In the scenes for next week, who said "we're all going to die?" Just the dialog was heard ... I think it's Sayid, the wife says it's Jack.

So much info from this ep. to process! Oh man, that symbol on the shark's tail gave me the creeps.

actually, the were 43 survivors

now we know there is at least 44

maybe the Latin chick who survived is the "he" Desmond is looking for

She is now the only member of the main cast of survivors we don't know the backstory on.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Here's my theory on Desmond:

He was flying to a race around the world a few years ago, and his plane went down, same was as our Castaways. His fellow survivors got sick and died, and he found the bunker, and decided to live in it, to avoid getting sick. He might have contact with SOMEONE, but we dont know that yet.

And, like Rousseau, being alone for so long might have made him a little loopy.

FORT Fogey
    One of the main mysteries is Desmond's question"Are you him?" Who did he expect to see? Who is he waiting for? It's maybe Jack or not...

FORT Fan
    Desmond:

it seems like the company/organization with its symbols all over the place (dharma?dharpa? or something like that) is aiding him in taking control of this island. he is basically the president and taking care of an experiment his company is doing, probably for war or something like that. That's the only explanation i can see right now. i think this because of all the food and what not, and that countdown clock that he has to put the numbers in in order for it to reset to let "someone" know he is still alive and everything is in order.

i think the "he" is referring to is maybe the person who is taking his place and he is going back home?

any thoughts?

See, I took it that Desmond was put there, maybe to monitor something, with supplies to stay a long time, but that he's been left there a lot longer than he expected. He's marking off days on the wall, he asked Locke if the world was still there, he's been expecting someone he'd finally given up hope of seeing (isn't that generally what he said to Locke when he was asking if he was "him"? That Desmond thought "him" would never come?). So it seems to me that Desmond's been left there, and that he's afraid of what's outside his hatch. I don't think he's one of the Others. I think the Others essentially have him trapped in there, like a rabbit in a hole.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread