+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 520 FirstFirst ... 19419469509510511512513514515516517518519520 LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5191
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Lost - Season 2

So I finished this tonight.

Shortly after the finale, I cried for a while. How did Jack's father live? Was that just a "vision" too?

But now, I'm ready to start a new series. Netflix has Supernatural. Sounds good.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

"Locke" starred in a show as well, about some kind of supernatural hotel, but it was cancelled. He also has a recurring role on Hawai'i 5-0, where so many LOSTies turn up.

You should find all the LOST threads here and read what we all thought of the ending at the time---for a while I think there were as many people posting on LOST as there were on Survivor. I think you'd find it interesting.

Following is a great link I still use to refresh my memory about Lost charactors and their actors. They all have links to see what they've done before or since. It seems to be kept pretty current as there are entries through this year; even Josh Holloway's new series Intelligence, which doesn't start until January is there.

List of Lost characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Just saw this article for all the Lost fans.

http://http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/12-highlights-from-the--lost--paleyfest-panel-054715551.html

Lost is 10 years old - can you believe it?
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Just saw this article for all the Lost fans.

http://http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/12-highlights-from-the--lost--paleyfest-panel-054715551.html

Lost is 10 years old - can you believe it?
    Thanks so much for that article, nanarama. All my reasons for loving Lost are still intact and my interpretation of what happened is quite similar to what Carlton said in that interview. I rarely pick a "best" for anything because so much is in the point of view, but Lost had the best opening episode I've can ever remember seeing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!! Wow, nanarama, that was cool. How nice to have a trip down THEIR memory lane! I'm always hoping for a show that will take me away like that one did. Not yet, sometimes close, but I'm always open for another Lost. Thanks for the memories!
    Florimel likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

At the time it was on, I loved LOST. I mean loved it. I never missed an episode and spent countless hours discussing, debating and deliberating about the show. In the end, I walked away from LOST feeling very unhappy that I had invested so much time in a show that to me felt like the writers never had a clue where their show was going or what their show was about... it was like they were making up stuff as they went along and the ending was the worst. I contrast this with Breaking Bad... a show that to me was nothing short of perfection from pilot to finale and every step along the way. I have always felt that BB team knew exactly what their show was (and wasn't) about, where it was going and how it would end. I walked away from BB completely 100% satisfied.

Reading that Paley Center panel interview was just another (mis)step in the LOST journey for me. 10 yrs later I'm still very unhappy about the show in general even though I know there are countless people who love and defend it beyond measure. I do miss some of the characters... Jack, Desmond, Penny, Sawyer, Sun, Kate, Hurley, Locke, Sayid, Juliet, Ben... but I'm glad the show is over and feel very badly that I feel this way about it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I'm glad Lost is over, but only because it couldn't go on forever. I didn't love every episode or story arc, but I agree with Florimel that it had, perhaps, the best opening episode of any show on tv. At the time I watched no series tv. Nothing. Then one Wednesday(?) evening I happened upon the Lost premier and it sucked me in and kept me there. So many episodes still resonate with me. I remember Charlie's drowning, for example. Or the epi when they found the vw bus. Or the smoke monster. Or the first time we met Desmond in the capsule.

The ending wasn't my favorite, but it kept so many of us talking for weeks or even months afterwards.

I don't know if I'll ever get that caught up in a show again. I've enjoyed moments of Once Upon a Time, but I think there may only be one tv experience for me such as Lost.
    Florimel and Miss Scarlet like this.

I'm also glad Lost is over for the same reason mentioned by nanarama. It had to end & by the time it did, it had sucked enough life & energy out of me.
    I also was obsessed by it. I never missed a single episode. There were very few I didn't enjoy in some regard or another. I darned near planned my life around it. People would get mad at me because I wouldn't answer my phone when it was on. I would tell people not to stop by nomatter what & they'd get ticked at me, but I felt so what? And I NEVER made any plans whatsoever for when it was on. It controlled my Wednesday evenings. I read everything I could get my hands on, or eyes on, about it. I discussed it with anyone who would listen. I still get excited whenever I see one of the cast on another show.

In the end it exhausted me. I needed my life back & was glad it ended for that reason. I had to wean myself off by watching repeats both on TV & online.
    Even as much as I enjoyed that show, I swore I'd never get that wrapped up in any TV show.

As for the ending, I was satisfied with it. I knew it couldn't be all things to all people. It ended like the rest of the show, a little ambiguous, a little confusing & a little odd. But it did wrap things up in a positive manner which was what I needed to see.

It was without a doubt the top of my list for Best TV Series Ever.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Same for me as nanarama and Miss Scarlet. Nothing interfered with watching Lost. I have many of the same favorite moments as nanarama along with others that made me laugh, cry, wince, or touched my heart. It remains my number 1 show of all time.

I have the DVD set. I've seen it all the way through several times. Though I don't watch it as often as I once did, it still goes in my DVD player from time to time and it still makes me smile. I am a true "Lostie," and I'm also a true "Browncoat." (another show that claimed my heart.)

+ Reply to Thread