+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    A lot of the news shows this fall seem to be borrowing the ol' "group of people have an experience together and are connected" format that Lost has made famous. Windfall has already premiered, and there's still The Nine, Six Degrees, Jericho, and to a lesser extent, Heroes. Personally out of those listed I'm onlu going to be watching Heroes, because, well, I like superpowers .

Interestingly enough, the 3 shows that borrowed the sci-fi theme from Lost last season (Invasion, Surface, Threshold), have all been cancelled after only one season.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's a little bit of season premiere info from ABCmedia net.:

AWARD WINNING, ACTION-PACKED MYSTERY AND ADVENTURE SERIES, “LOST”

Series Season Premiere is October 4

“Lost” – awarded the 2005 Emmy and 2006 Golden Globe for best drama series – has begun production in Hawaii on third season episodes of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost. The series will have its season premiere WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, a strange French woman and another group of island residents known as “The Others.” The survivors have also found signs of those who came to the island before them, including a 19th century sailing ship called The Black Rock, the remains of an ancient statue and bunkers belonging to the Dharma Initiative, a group of scientific researchers.

Jack, Kate and Sawyer open the season in captivity as prisoners of “The Others.” Just who these “Others” are and what they want are primary questions Season Three will explore. Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of “The Others.” Romance looms on the horizon as Jack’s interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun and Jin will continue to celebrate their pregnancy – but is the child really Jin’s? Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world?

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 60-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

“Lost” stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie and Terry O’Quinn as Locke.

“Lost” was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Jeff Pinkner and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. “Lost,” which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from Touchstone Television.

ABC Media Relations: Jeff Fordis (818) 460-6676

abcmedianet
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

October4th??? You mean I still gotta wait a month and a half for more Sawyer???? WTH?! Bad enough their not showing repeats during the time off. By them not showing repeats during the summer and waiting so long to start the new season, they are going to lose a lot of viewers. IMHO. I personally will still watch but sure as h*** don't want to wait a whole month and a half. I was hoping it would be only a couple of weeks. D***!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Since there is no way with our current knowledge of mathmatics to spread 24 shows over a 52-week year, this is how I would like to see it handled.

We know that the season finale must run during May sweeps. So, at the end of Season three, with maybe a few weeks off, rerun the entire Season during the summer and fall. Then begin Season 4 in January and run it straight through May. Rinse and repeat.

However they handle it, I will not stop watching. If I could manage the inclusion of Ana-Lucia without giving up, I doubt anything will discourage me completely.

I also respectfully disagree with those who think the addition of more romantic interaction among the characters will turn this into a soap. Such interaction among adult characters who are stranded for an indeterminate amount of time would certainly be expected, I think.

And, a lot more appropriate to the situation than the relationships in Grey's Anatomy, which is a wonderful show, but definitely a whole lot more soapish.

Clearly, I love Lost and will remain a faithful viewer for the foreseeable future.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Some more new casting news, courtesy of www.spoilerfix.com:

Click to see Spoiler:
    08/06 - It looks like [Kiele] Sanchez [from Related] closed the deal late Friday [for the third role to be casted on Lost], although I have yet to receive an official confirmation from ABC. Source: The Ausiello Report

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Here's a little bit of season premiere info from ABCmedia net.:

Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered.
    So, I guess we know Locke's fate.

That whole paragraph gives me a bad feeling about this season

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    So, I guess we know Locke's fate.

That whole paragraph gives me a bad feeling about this season

Strangely enough the whole article gives me a bad feeling about this season. Why in the world it feels that we will be dissapointed?

I truly hope I'm wrong.

Happy thoughts, must think happy thoughts....

Hey, guess what I just saw. I went to abc.com and saw a blurb for apollo candy bars. It even has a website. The site doesn't really seem to say much other than it's a subsidiary of the Hanso foundation. Here's the site: www.apollocandy.com Cool! I wonder if they're going to start selling them in stores and stuff. Wouldn't that be funny.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

If you click under "The Company," it says that in the 1970's, the Apollo company was in dire straits and was saved from bankruptcy by Alvar and the Hanso Foundation. "Today the Apoloos Candy Company is alive and well as the private purveyor of chocolates for Alvar Hanso and his many companies."

Also, the "enjoy by" date on the candy bar on the site says Oct. 23, 2006. I wonder if that date is significant. Maybe they will take down the site on that date? Or maybe something else interesting will happen that day. Anyone know if that will be a Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    . . . Also, the "enjoy by" date on the candy bar on the site says Oct. 23, 2006. I wonder if that date is significant. Maybe they will take down the site on that date? Or maybe something else interesting will happen that day. Anyone know if that will be a Wednesday?
    Hmm. I was thinking that maybe Oct. 23 is the season premier, but it's a Monday.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread