+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Thanks for that article Chickngirl!

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Locke with a knife, killing stuff.

I'm NOT thrilled about this however:

I sure hope he's kidding. I could do without any "time travel" sort of stuff. I mean heck, they've actually told us a few times exactly how long they've been there. Particularly in "The Other 48 Days".
    48 days, "island time".
    Maybe they can bring back the post-puberty Walt that way... he left the "slow time zone" for a while and got rapidly aged....

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Hmmm, maybe the giant magnetism on the island makes the whole island move at a different rate than the rest of the world, which means the days are actually a different length? That would explain why no one can find the island, because it's always moving.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    48 days, "island time".
    Maybe they can bring back the post-puberty Walt that way... he left the "slow time zone" for a while and got rapidly aged....
    See now, I would think the island would be "fast time" rather than "slow time". Because Aaron looks kind of big for a 24-day old.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I wonder, do they have to keep replacing the Aaron actors with new babies every week? Babies grow really fast.... Maybe she had a "slow" gestation, but the fetus was insulated somehow and grew at the real world rate, so was really large at delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    Hmmm, maybe the giant magnetism on the island makes the whole island move at a different rate than the rest of the world, which means the days are actually a different length? That would explain why no one can find the island, because it's always moving.
    For what it's worth, this was on Spoilerfix from lostpodcast:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I sure hope he's kidding. I could do without any "time travel" sort of stuff.
    I'm with you! Maybe this is just another of his coy replies, like when he said viewers were assuming the crash was in current time and that they never stated when the plane crashed.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 07-26-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I wonder, do they have to keep replacing the Aaron actors with new babies every week? Babies grow really fast.... Maybe she had a "slow" gestation, but the fetus was insulated somehow and grew at the real world rate, so was really large at delivery?
    Ouch!

Actually, I've seen Emilie de Ravin talk about this in interviews. Babies that young are very limited (by law) in how many hours they can "work". So they do use several different infants, and for some shots they just use a doll.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen
    I'm with you! Maybe this is just another of his coy replies, like when he said viewers were assuming the crash was in current time and that they never stated when the plane crashed.
    And shortly after that we saw the season finale where Locke and Desmond were discussing the print-out, and how the plane seemed to have crashed on Sept. 22/04 at the same time Des was late in pushing the button. It seems you can only believe about half of what JJ/Damon/Carlton Cuse say in interviews. They love to yank our chains.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

And another one.... (a press release)
    http://www.disneyabctv.com/datvg_pre...l?id=072506_12

4 8 15 16 23 42

GLOBAL INTERACTIVE PHENOMENON, LOST EXPERIENCE, TO REVEAL MEANING BEHIND MYSTERIOUS NUMBERS ON INTERNATIONAL HIT TV SHOW "LOST"

Multiple Clues on Several Continents Needed to Solve the Puzzle

As promised, the alternate reality game Lost Experience continues to divulge answers related to mysteries on "Lost." Currently in phase three of five of the interactive challenge, the meaning behind the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42, which play a significant role on the television series, will be revealed.

"The reward we've always promised from the Lost Experience is information, which is currency to anyone who is a fan of the show or a participant in this game," said Mike Benson, senior vice president of Marketing for ABC Entertainment. "This additional form of storytelling allows us to engage current and new fans in a genuinely innovative way while delivering the same extraordinary content that 'Lost' provides as a television series."

So far, the Lost Experience has unveiled information regarding the Black Rock, in addition to significance in the title of the DHARMA Initiative. The Lost Experience will continue to the premiere of Season Three, revealing secrets behind the mysterious Alvar Hanso and the Hanso Foundation.

It is not too late to join in on the Lost Experience. Those wishing to participate can do so by viewing a synopsis at http://blogs.abc.com/inside_the_experience/ which allows new participants the chance to enter into the Experience with ease.

About the Lost Experience
    The Lost Experience follows a parallel storyline not featured in the television broadcast and is designed so that both fans of the series and those unfamiliar with the show can participate. The Experience provides insight to unlock some of the island's secrets for those savvy enough to collect the clues, make the connections and find the answers. Clues first appeared May 2 in the UK, May 3 in the U.S., and May 4 in Australia. Although the Lost Experience is internet-based, participants should not assume that clues and story content will be limited to the online world. Any and every platform has the potential to contain hidden secrets. Given the different broadcast windows around the world, this challenge is designed in a manner that is not dependent on information specific to either Season One or Season Two, allowing those who have not yet seen either season of "Lost" to participate.

About "Lost"
    After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a seemingly deserted Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers have become reluctant heroes who must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. Danger and mystery loom behind every corner on the island, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

"Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael, Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia and Cynthia Watros as Libby.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

About ABC
    ABC Entertainment offers quality, award-winning programming that includes many of the most widely viewed series, specials and movies. Primetime Entertainment on ABC crosses various programming genres with hit series like "Desperate Housewives," "Lost," "Grey's Anatomy," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Boston Legal," "According to Jim," "George Lopez," "Dancing with the Stars," "America's Funniest Home Videos," "Supernanny," and "Wife Swap." In Late-Night, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" celebrated its third anniversary in January, 2006. C Entertainment is part of the ABC Television Network and is managed by Disney-ABC Television Group, a division of The Walt Disney Company.

Media Contact:
    Disney-ABC Television Group
    Lara Mahaney>br /> (818) 460-6355/Lara.J.Mahaney@abc.com
    (c) 818 469-6619
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

O.K., Forters, (oh, I just realized I'm only a typo away from insulting everyone! )
    I know some of you are playing this. Please keep the rest of us up-to-date on what you find out?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fanatic
    i dont think it matters because I think the game and the show will give away different info. like the game revealed what dharma stands for. but i dont play the game.

anyways, when do we start a season 3 thread?

O.K., Forters, (oh, I just realized I'm only a typo away from insulting everyone!
    Not everyone -- in my family of origin, it was a title of honor!

Oh -- to not be off-topic: Yay, Lost!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread