+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Wow, I never thought of it that way, but I agree - to not show anything for 13 weeks is crazy!. . .
    Doesn't seem to have hurt The Sopranos any.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    They're probably planning on having a crazy huge midseason finale cliffhanger, to keep the fans wanting more (remember, the key in television is to always make the audience want more). That way, when they come back in February (and, I add, up against American Idol), they can get that punch in the ratings that they sadly missed this past season because of a certain singing contest.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Doesn't seem to have hurt The Sopranos any.

It actually did.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowln...down_33854.asp

The sixth-season premiere of The Sopranos on HBO suffered a 21% drop in total viewers compared with the fifth-season premiere in March 2004, according to Nielsen Media Research. About 9.5 million people tuned in Sunday. Among coveted young adults, The Sopranos fell 27%

I'm sure they will pause at a logical point, and agree that it will be some sort of cliffhanger.
    They just have to be sure to reel us in before the break. Without a great story-line, viewers could go all AADD on them and switch loyalty to another show, knowing they can catch up during reruns (and probably with no break).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fanatic
    so i guess they couldve used my idea but didnt because they wanted a cliffhanger? i guess that would work.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    I'm sure they will pause at a logical point, and agree that it will be some sort of cliffhanger.
    They just have to be sure to reel us in before the break.
    And, that's the problem. I have very little faith that TPTB can pull this off properly, seeing as how season 2 went.

So, J R, just out of curiosity, will you be watching in spite of yourself?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JR.
    I'll give it a shot, I hope they can get back on track.

But, after reading the latest batch of spoilers, I'm not too optimistic. It looks like they're turning this into "Lost Place, 90210".

In their defense, after so much time anyone thrown into that situation would eventually start having some sort of sex-life . But I know what you are saying: Don't have the whole show revolve around it. And I agree.

I still enjoy the adventure (when they get around to it) and mysteries (if they would just keep them to fewer than a dozen) and I'm not quitting the show until I find out just what is that monster (so I'm probably going to be watching for a good long while)!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 07-24-2006 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    In their defense, after so much time anyone thrown into that situation would eventually start having some sort of sex-life . But I know what you are saying: Don't have the whole show revolve around it. And I agree.
    Well put. To have 40-some people living together for months or even years and not have any of them show any romantic interest in each other would be very unrealistic. I just hope they can balance romance with action and mystery, and not turn the show into a bleedin' soap opera.

The latest spoilers seem to indicate:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Locke, Eko & Desmond all survive, and that we will be seeing two new female leads and one new male lead in season 3. The polar bear will be back, and there's talk of an underwater hatch.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread