+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Well, congratulations to "Lost" on their Emmy nominations. I love the Desmond character but I'm also quite surprised that Henry Gale didn't catch the eye of the Emmy voters. Michael Emerson can convey so much with just the slightest change in facial expression. Plus, he's downright creeeeepy.

This may be of no interest to anyone but me, but I can't believe that it took me until last night to realize that the actor who plays Claire's psychic also played the Russian President, Yuri, on this past season of "24". I pay almost as much attention to 24 as I do to Lost, so I just don't know how I failed to notice that.

same here Qboots. didnt realize that. when i read your post, had to go back at my recordings and check it on imdb and yeah. the same.

so both desmond/psychic dude were in 24 as theo/president. wonder if there will be anymore 'guest' crossover. lol.

as for the emerson (henry) nomination snub. blame it on abc. they are suppose to chose an episode or scene or compile scenes for the voters to base it on. either they didnt submit him in or chose a crappy ones that didnt get voters.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

http://www.pr-inside.com/lost-to-be-...vie-r10193.htm

LOST TO BE TURNED INTO A MOVIE?

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network
    2006-07-04 13:59:31 -

The makers of LOST want to end the hit TV show after a maximum of five years and are planning a feature-length movie spin-off.
    Co-creator DAMON LINDELOF is so worried producers and studio executives will drag the show out he is making his opinion on the matter clear now.
    He says, "We'd love to end the show after four year, five years tops and do a movie."

So 2-3 years left to straighten it all out.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Well, I think Desmond is good too. "See you in the other life b r o t h e r".

I can just hear his voice and Aussie's accent!
    Oh, I agree, "Desmond" is good, and love the accent and look, just think "Henry" is even better... and he does it w/o the cute accent or look to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    as for the emerson (henry) nomination snub. blame it on abc. they are suppose to chose an episode or scene or compile scenes for the voters to base it on. either they didnt submit him in or chose a crappy ones that didnt get voters.
    Someone dropped the ball, alright. It looks like he will be appearing next season, at least for a few eps., so there's always next year.

Lostonanisland - I agree, AAA deserves recognition, too.

Welcome, beadbabe, Things slow down a bit for the summer, but come the new season this place will be hoppin'! I think you will find this is the best place on the net to discuss Lost - and Qboots summaries are amazing!

Lindelof is right to worry about the studio executives dragging out the show. We are already getting a dose of that now (IMHO - For example: what was with that bit with the tree frog? ). If the movie is made after the mysteries are revealed and (so it's been said) the survivors are rescued, it could be a tough sell. I hope it doesn't go the way of the X-Files movie. What a mess.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JR.
    I heard somewhere that the guest actor category is limited to a few episodes (4, I think), and that Emerson was past that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I heard somewhere that the guest actor category is limited to a few episodes (4, I think), and that Emerson was past that limit.
    I was thinking the same thing but I can't seem to find anything concrete on the Emmy rules. I'm not a very talented googler I'm afraid.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    For the record, Emerson appeared in 8 episodes of Lost this past season: eps 14-20, and 23. So yeah if the limit is lower than 8 (and it probably is), then Michael Emerson couldn't be considered for a guest-role Emmy.

Desmond appeared in 4 episodes this past season: eps 1-3, and 23.

I'm really glad to hear there could be a movie, but I don't want to wait 2-3 years to see it! Now, darnit, I want to see it NOW.

I'm missing the show a lot. I hope they win a tonne of Emmy's (that's metric )
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I'm glad to know they've planned an end so near in the future--partly because I know I will be hooked til the end and want my free time back, and partly because that says to me that there is an actual plan. Won't wander and drag on and on like X-Files.

Guess if they dragged it on, it would be like Gilligan's island. Everyone visited their islane but they still couldn't get rescued until years later when they did a tv rescue movie.

I guess if they end LOST, they could leave some things unexplained. Come back and do some prerequels to set up the incident, the experiments, etc...
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

+ Reply to Thread