+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    A suit (torn), a halo, tattoos and a coffin. If you didn't know the show and were just browsing the toy store, that could give you pause.
    LOL Cricketeen, and true...very true .

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re the ships that pass in the night theory.... a lot of the ways that these people have "been in each others' lives" is pretty marginal....Hurley's picture in the background on a TV screen as Jin enters a room for example... or just standing in line to check in for the flight at the airport -- that's like me being surprised that the people on my flight last night were also at the same baggage carousel later. Someone should make a list of the serious vs. trivial path crossings... Desmond and Jack in the stadium, that's a serious crossing. Hurley on TV, not.
    Coincidences due happen. I got on a plane a month ago in Vancouver bound for Atlanta. My seatmates and I started chatting and they live about 20 miles from me in Florida and their son lives on the same street I do in this town. Talk about a strange coincidence!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic
    i wonder if you can buy objects of lost, too! like a boar, some polar bears, smokey, maybe a hatch or two, a raft, the shark, and maybe a whole island, some tents, and some plane wreckage to handcuff Jin to.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Coincidences due happen. I got on a plane a month ago in Vancouver bound for Atlanta. My seatmates and I started chatting and they live about 20 miles from me in Florida and their son lives on the same street I do in this town. Talk about a strange coincidence!!!!!
    Oh absolutely. That's why people say "Small world". I think it's a much smaller world than most folks realize.

In 1980 I moved from small-town Ontario to a high-rise in Toronto. There was a guy living on the same floor, who had moved there from Nova Scotia. I have cousins in Nova Scotia and it turns out that this guy lived right around the corner from them and had actually dated one of my cousins.

Around the same time, my brother joined the armed forces and went to the east coast for basic training. Another guy in basic training saw the return address on a letter I had sent to my brother and it turns out he had a friend living in my apartment building. He described my building to a tee, right down to the piano in the lobby.

I'd have no problem believing that all the "cross-overs" in Lost are actually coincidences.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

We could start a Small World thread with this topic - but we'd need a new name because I hate that ride. I have many similar stories, but one stands out more than the others:

While driving to Santa Barbara during a visit with friends, we got on the topic of "things that you haven't seen in years". One of them was the plastic orange ball for your car antenna that Union '76 gas stations gave out as a promo. We get to Santa Barbara and decided to tour the courthouse (which is gorgeous BTW). On the steps up to the top of the courthouse belltower, in a corner on a landing, is an orange Union '76 antenna ball.

Yeah, I believe in coincidences, too.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

A sad coincidence: back in 1989 I was riding in a car with a friend, through the streets of Toronto. Snowbird jets were flying overhead, doing an air show at the Canadian National Exhibition. We were talking about how cool they looked, and I said something like: "As long as they stay up in the air, and don't crash." In less than 1/2 hour later, two of them did crash, into Lake Ontario, killing one pilot. I think of this because the Snowbirds are actually circling around my city (Oshawa) today. So I'm keeping my big mouth shut.

Back on topic -
    ArchieComic Fan posted this in the Big Brother forum:
    Yes, we are part of an experiment like on Lost. We push the button thinking it means something but it really doesn't.
    I hated that stupid button! I couldn't understand why Locke or anyone else would keep pushing it, day after day. Yet here I sit, going in and out of the CBS website, voting over and over for the BB7 houseguests. And I have no idea if any of my votes even count.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news

'Lost' Actress Emilie De Ravin Marries

Email this Story

Jun 28, 8:23 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Emilie de Ravin, who plays Claire Littleton on the television series "Lost," has married actor Josh Janowicz, Us Weekly reported.

The pair, who live in Los Angeles, wed June 19, according to a report on the gossip magazine's Web site. They got engaged on Jan. 1, 2005 while visiting de Ravin's family in Australia.

De Ravin, 24, recently starred in the thriller "The Hills Have Eyes."

Janowicz, also 24, has credits that include "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and the yet-to-be-released "On the Doll."

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    If Ana Lucia gets an action figure, she should come with a gun.

And Libby should come with a blanket.
    . . . They should actually be sold as a twofer deal -- along with a liquor bottle, a steering wheel, and a DUI defense lawyer.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Big congrats to Emilie de Ravin (Claire) on her wedding!

FORT Fanatic
    i never knew claire had a last name...

+ Reply to Thread