+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I think i remember an interview with one of the producers (can't remember which one) before the season finale aired saying we would learn how the plane crashed, but not necessarily why the plane crashed. I think that leaves the door open to say that the immediate cause of the crash was Desmond not pushing the button, but that there may be some bigger plan in place for the specific people on that plane.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    TPTB said they would show us how the plane crashed on the last ep. If they were being truthful, I have to assume (given what we were shown) that Desmond caused it, and Dharma/Hanso were not behind it.
    But, we really didn't see what brought the plane down, and that's my biggest problem with TPTB's statement. After 2 seasons, the only thing we know for sure is that the plane broke apart and crashed. Was it really Desmond's fault, was it coincidence, or was it gremlins?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    But, we really didn't see what brought the plane down, and that's my biggest problem with TPTB's statement. After 2 seasons, the only thing we know for sure is that the plane broke apart and crashed. Was it really Desmond's fault, was it coincidence, or was it gremlins?
    Well whatever the reason is, right now TPTB want us to believe that it was Desmond forgetting to punch in the numbers. So I think we should just accept that for now as the reason and move on.

Lost's Mystery Man Is Outed

"Variety has identified the author of Hyperion Books' Bad Twin - the "novel" "penned" by ill-fated "Oceanic Flight 815 passenger" "Gary Troup" - as no, not horrormeister Stephen King, but thriller writer/ghostwriter
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Laurence Shames.
    In making the reveal, Variety reports that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shames
    was supposed to include more of the Lost TV series' mythology and elements than he actually did, while Hyperion may have been disappointed in a lack of on-screen mentions of the book, despite its best-selling performance."

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000044

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Re the ships that pass in the night theory.... a lot of the ways that these people have "been in each others' lives" is pretty marginal....Hurley's picture in the background on a TV screen as Jin enters a room for example... or just standing in line to check in for the flight at the airport -- that's like me being surprised that the people on my flight last night were also at the same baggage carousel later. Someone should make a list of the serious vs. trivial path crossings... Desmond and Jack in the stadium, that's a serious crossing. Hurley on TV, not.

Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99 View Post
    FYI: if you remember from desmond's story on the last episode, it wasn't DHARMA or HANSO Foundation's fault for the plane crash...it was Desmonds. So the fact that people were 'put on this plane' because they knew it would crash idea has to be false.

BUT...who's to say that Kelvin didn't lead Desmond out of the hatch on purpose, knowing that neither one of them would get back in time to push the button? IMO, Kelvin seemed way too smart and covert an operative to have slipped up the way he did, letting Desmond see the tear in his safety suit. Perhaps he was given an order from Dharma that they were not to push the button at that specific time, and he had to lure Desmond out of the hatch to follow through?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

FORT Fanatic
    yea he wouldve been smarter than that because he was like, "i was in the army for 10 years des, i know when someones following me". if he knew that he probably wouldve told desmond to go back to the hatch to push the button. good catch.

and now i just thought of something. why did he leave the army after 10 years? o wait nevermind, he left for dharma. but then he looks to be about in 50's so why would he join the army so late in his life? i think hes lying about how long he was there.

I read this recently and found myself laughing and then scratching my head. McFarlane toys will be releasing 6 Lost action figures this fall. They will be Jack, Kate, Locke, Hurley, Charlie and (get this)...Shannon! Oh, the injustice of it all. Where is the one character that lends himself perfectly to an action figure--SAWYER! And, for that matter, Sayid. What're they thinkin? Unless of course Josh and Naveen didn't wish to have their likenesses licensed...
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by fougette View Post
    I read this recently and found myself laughing and then scratching my head. McFarlane toys will be releasing 6 Lost action figures this fall. They will be Jack, Kate, Locke, Hurley, Charlie and (get this)...Shannon! Oh, the injustice of it all. Where is the one character that lends himself perfectly to an action figure--SAWYER! And, for that matter, Sayid. What're they thinkin? Unless of course Josh and Naveen didn't wish to have their likenesses licensed...
    The only reason I can think of why they'd make a Shannon action figure doll is because she can come with a lot of different shoes and clothes to change her into.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by jette66 View Post
    The only reason I can think of why they'd make a Shannon action figure doll is because she can come with a lot of different shoes and clothes to change her into.
    Wouldn't an action figure doll of a dead person be collectable?

pretty dumb IMO

+ Reply to Thread