+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Any word on whether or not the AnaLucia actress will continue to drive while drunk? I was kinda disgusted that she got out of serving time due to crowded jails.

Shouldn't this scare us all?
    If you're going to attack Michelle Rodriguez, you might as well go for Cynthia Watros. She too was arrested for DUI.

I'm still obssessed with the Vincent/Walt thing. Does anyone else find it weird that Walt's mom died so suddenly and mysteriously? Plus, it was Brian who got the tickets back to LA for Michael and Walt. (Just like the psychic telling Claire the exact plane to catch.) I'll say it again, I'm absolutely convinced Brian is part of the Hanso Foundation and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him again.
    Last edited by corprip; 06-12-2006 at 05:25 AM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Great news for us Lost fans. Season 2 on DVD will NOT be coming out October 3rd, as planned. It will now be out on September 5th, which is two or three weeks BEFORE Season 3 starts. So fans who missed some episodes during S2 can pick up the DVD and get all caught up before the new season begins.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5827

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    I dont remember Walt's mom dying mysteriously and suddenly. What I thought was weird was Michael was contacted in the first place because Brian had adopted Walt? Michael wouldnt have the legal right to take custody of Walt if in fact this was the case.

Please jar my memory as to the circumstances surrounding Walts' mom's death. Thanks!

Brian had legal custody of Walt, along with his mother. There was a Walt flashback where Brian and Walt's mom were talking about her not feeling well. The next flashback scene shows Brian going to Michael's apartment and telling him that she died. He then told Michael that she wanted Michael to have Walt (but that was a lie just to ditch Walt because Brian knew that Walt had some kind of freaky thing).

Thanks Canada.

Speaking as an attorney, the whole scene with Brian having custody of Walt is bogus.
    Last edited by UGetWhatYouNeed; 06-13-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed View Post
    Thanks Canada.

Speaking as an attorney, the whole scene with Brian having custody of Walt is bogus.
    Well I think they explained the rest of the legal work in ep 2.02, Adrift. It was so long ago though that I dont remember all the logistics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed View Post
    Thanks Canada.

Wait, why was it bogus? I thought that Michael gave up his parental rights and Brian adopted Walt. Then Brian was too freaked out by Walt's powers and weirdness and shoved Walt back to Micheal because Walt's mom died.

FORT Fanatic
    if i remember correctly. his exwife went to michael to ask him to give up his parental rights because she was getting married to brian and he wanted to adopt him. but he fought for walt that time and it got messy...she was wealthy and so was brian...and michael was a struggling artist? plus wasnt he still recovering from his injuries or time has passed since then. and didnt she take care of all of his bills. put all the pressure on mike in mentioning that, how was he to take care of a 2yr old. or something like that.

then he looked at walt wierd in that episode when bird dropped dead on balcony when walt was trying to get his moms attention. brian told mike in later episode to take walt back cause he couldnt take care of him. was pratically bullying mike into taking him back. i guess brian realized something was 'wierd' with walt. just something was wrong.

maybe qboots can clarify later or set things straight. those episodes were so long ago.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Great, so now folks at home can make their own plot holes and storylines that go nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    If by "intense" you mean "unhappy", then yes, there are quite a few of us.
    So as far as who will continue watching this show next season, can we put you down for a maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Any word on whether or not the AnaLucia actress will continue to drive while drunk? I was kinda disgusted that she got out of serving time due to crowded jails.

Shouldn't this scare us all?
    To me, the scary part is that there are altogether too many "Ana Lucia's" on the highways. I saw her on a talk show before the season ended and she said something about it being time she grew up and took responsibilty, and I hope she's serious. I think we need much stiffer penalties if we want this issue to ever be taken seriously. Like losing your license for life.

About Walt/Michael: here's how I remember it. Michael tried very hard to keep Susan from taking Walt overseas. Even though she had more money and better lawyers at her disposal, she felt that the judge was going to side with Michael. So she convinced him that it would be better for Walt to be with her and he reluctantly agreed and dropped his injunction.

Brian Porter and Susan got married and Brian adopted Walt. He didn't particularly want to be a dad, but it was the only way Susan would marry him. I believe they were married about 8 years. She took ill very suddenly and died a week later. Brian showed up in NYC the next day with a plane ticket for Michael. Walt obviously spooked Brian a great deal and he couldn't wait to be rid of him. When Michael went to Australia to collect Walt, he lied to the boy to spare his feelings. He said that Brian very much wanted to keep Walt, but it was Michael's decision since Michael was the legal guardian. (A lie.) And then he lied some more and told Walt that Brian said they could keep Vincent.
    Last edited by Qboots; 06-14-2006 at 08:59 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Thanks for jogging my memory on those episodes.

It is still a bogus story line surrounding the Walt/Brian/Michael/Adoption, and then Walt's return to Michael.

I know, I know, I always have to tell myself, it IS a television show, not real life.

+ Reply to Thread