+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    It's a very cool feature and I'm grateful to ABC for doing it...although I wish they'd add Grey's Anatomy to the list! FYI - they only have episodes back to the recap show (Reckoning, I think?) online.

Canada Champ, I remember reading a conversation somewhere else about people in other countries being able to use proxies to access the episodes. I don't know enough to even really know what that means or how to suggest you find out about it, but it's probably worth a try.

ETA - I just remembered where I read it and found the link for how to do it!!
    http://www.dohnews.com/howto_stream_...outside_the_us

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    For any gamers, Touchstone and Ubisoft have announced a collaboration to produce a Lost game. Plans are to release it for both PC's and consoles sometime in 2007. I'm sure I'll be buying it.
    Great, so now folks at home can make their own plot holes and storylines that go nowhere

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I tried to read all the posts but maybe I missed this. I thought Kelvin did mention his last name was Inman and that he was in the Army. He told Desmond that was why he was there, because he gave orders and others followed those orders (such as telling Sayid to torture).

Also way back when they were first checkng out the hatch Sayid and Jack went UNDER the hatch, where the failsafe was. Remember? Sayid said to Jack that the only place he had heard of having these thick walls was in Chernobyl. Sounding as if this was some sort of fall out shelter. So maybe it was built to withstand the force.

On a personal note...Wednesday my electric went out at 7pm and I was livid since I was missing part of Lost. And the electric only went out on my street!!! Luckily someone taped the first hour for me while I was sitting in the dark cursing the electric company. However on Thursday we had a tornado warning. I never heard the tornado warning system before. It sounded like feedback from a huge amplifier to most people. It was 11 pm and it woke me up. To me it sounded like the noise on the island when the clock went to 000. Talk about freaking me out! I'm fast asleep and hear that noise after watching lost!

I think Penny was searching for the electromagnetic anomoly on radar. She did say that with money you can find anyone. I assume her dad has something to do with the island (isn't widmere the name on the pregnancy test?) but I'm not sure how she would know about the electromagneticism per se unless she was also aware of what was on the island. Hmm...if they were talking portuguese I will have to force my hubby to sit and watch it to see if there was any "easter eggs" in their dialogue, but doubful. Probably not like "my name is Earl" where Catalina speaks directly to the audience in Spanish.
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

FORT Fogey
    Well, all I can say... ROFLMAO

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news

'Lost' Actress Rodriguez Released Early

May 30, 10:49 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actress Michelle Rodriguez was released from jail early, after serving less than a day of a 60-day jail sentence, authorities said Tuesday.

Rodriguez was sentenced for violating probation terms after her drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released Thursday from a Los Angeles County jail due to overcrowding, authorities said.

The former star of ABC's "Lost" still must serve 30 days of community service and remain on probation until June 2009, a spokeswoman for the city attorney's office said.

"Our prosecutors are not happy about it, but that is the sad reality of our overcrowded jails," said spokeswoman Contessa Mankiewicz.

Calls to Rodriguez's attorney and publicist were not immediately returned Tuesday.

"Michelle's happy with the way things turned out," Rodriguez's friend, designer Anand John, told People magazine in a story posted Tuesday on its Web site. "She knows this wasn't a literal get-out-of-jail-free card. Michelle's taken responsibility for the past, and now she's ready to focus on her career."

The 27-year-old actress served five days in jail in Hawaii last month after pleading guilty to drunken driving. The Dec. 1 arrest in Honolulu violated the three-year probation term she was given in Los Angeles County in 2004 after pleading no contest to charges of hit-and-run, driving on a suspended license and drunken driving.

Rodriguez's "Lost" character, Ana Lucia, was killed off in an episode broadcast in early May. The show's producers have said the plot twist had nothing to do with her arrests.

This article is speculation, but i'll put it in spoiler tags for those who don't care to read about hypotheses. I particularly like the ones about The Others and Widmore Laboratories.

Lost Finale Mysteries Revealed!
    by Nerina Rammairone
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/

Click to see Spoiler:
    ABC's Lost wouldn't be our favorite twisty-mystery series if the season-ender didn't bring up more questions than it answered. Here's our take on the most mind-bending moments from this year's finale.

The Others
    They say they're "the good guys" — and we agree. We think "Henry Gale" and Co. are one-time Dharma Initiative members gone rogue. Now they are committed to stopping the Initiative's crazy testing and they need strong-willed Jack, Kate and Sawyer to help them.

The Dharma Initiative
    So the Initiative — with all its testing in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology and electromagnetism — is evil? Hell, yeah. Polar bears in the tropics, a phoenix rising and human guinea pigs — this can't be good.

Widmore Laboratories
    Remember that shadowy figure up in the window of the Swan station's Orientation Video? We think that's Charles Widmore — aka Alvar Hanso, the money (the maniac?) behind the Hanso Foundation and owner of Widmore Laboratories. The Widmore logo was seen on all the Dharma food, the real Henry Gale's balloon and even Sun's pregnancy test. Coincidence? We think not.

Desmond Hume
    Mr. Widmore got Desmond away from his daughter in a big way. But Desmond's former love, Penny, apparently hasn't given up on finding her MIA globetrotter. Could she know what her evil dad is up to? Does she assume that by finding that electromagnetic anomaly, she will also find her Dickens-reading lost love? Bingo. (Side note: The novel Our Mutual Friend is about a man presumed dead at sea.)

Big Foot
    We don't know what exactly to make of the four-toed statue remnant Sayid spied, although speculation has surfaced that there could be a connection to T.J. Bass' Half Past Human, a sci-fi novel about a civilization of superpeople with — you guessed it —four toes. Or maybe the oddity was just a nod to 1968's Planet of the Apes. Did anyone else hear Charlton Heston screaming, "Damn you all to hell!"?

Holy crap, the button does do something!
    This was a lot of pages to read after just a few weeks away! Sorry if I repeat someone else:

Regarding why Libby was in the mental hospital - It could be a combination of grief over her husband's death and worry over Desmond's disappearance sent her over the edge for a bit. People wonder why she was on the plane, perhaps she was looking for some sign of him in Australia - maybe the last place he was seen?

I too, found Henry's apparent lack of concern over the "explosion" to be odd.

Charlie was acting strangely, even for Charlie - did something else happen down the hatch or is he just glad to still be alive?

Bright light, loud siren noise by day, singing around the campfire by night. No one seems to stay concerned for very long. Maybe they were holding a convention for AADD in Sydney.

I'm guessing the Portugese men were picking up an On-Star type GPS tracking signal from the Penelope - that it is scrambled by the force around the island until the times when the button isn't pushed. That signal is what Penelope W. is searching looking for. Whatever it turns out to be, I hope TPTB don't put that story arc on a back burner until mid-way through the season.

FORT Regular
    Try this link for some interesting speculation on the finale of Season 2 and what might happen in Season 3 of Lost. It was a chat hosted by Michael Ausiello from TV Guide:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052401841.html

No spoilers - just speculation and comments!

FORT Fanatic
    repeat tonight.
    MoSMoF

Perfect, I only started watching the second half of Season 2. I got my hands on the season 1 DVD, but i'm missing everything in between. Now is the time to catch up...

Quote Originally Posted by lostonanisland View Post
    repeat tonight.
    MoSMoF
    Will it be a finale repeat, or the first episode of Season 2?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread