+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Just watched my finale tape tonight.

So, Kelvin (Calvin?) is Tom/Zeke right? Just because Kelvin took a hard bloody bump to the head doesn't mean he died. We know there are medical facilities on the island. Desmond was so distraught when he ran off that just because he thinks he killed Kelvin doesn't mean the guy was actually dead.

And why did Desmond continue injecting himself once he became sole inhabitant of the hatch? He knew the air was safe after he saw Kelvin take off all the hazmat type gear. So it doesn't make sense to me that he would think he needed the injections.

I too think maybe Desmond's sailboat has a tracking device on it that is activated by something when the boat is in use.

Maybe Libby winds up in the mental institution because she hears that Desmond disappears in the boat and she is so upset by the boat/Desmond being missing that she has a nervous breakdown since she insisted he take the boat. Maybe she blames herself. Too bad they never got to meet on the island.

How sad that Desmond had a letter from Penny the whole time he was in prison but never knew it.

It looked like more than one person in a suit helped pull Desmond onto the beach when he first arrived.

I don't remember who said this, but the Truman Show theory is interesting. I could totally see them in a big "snowglobe" as Desmond lamented when he found himself back on the island after sailing for two weeks. It's very possible they are in a huge dome of some sort.

It was funny the way Henry said Michael could take Walt (even though he wasn't happy about the deal)because Walt turned out to be more than they could handle anyway (not exact quote but along those lines). Too bad we won't get to find out more about Walt's powers (or maybe we will in flashbacks).

And finally, Henry does appear to be in charge, as I surmised many posts back and nobody believed me. Maybe he isn't the head honcho but he surely seemed to be the one in charge of the group we saw in the finale. And he also didn't look surprised by the explosion of light.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Just watched my finale tape tonight.

So, Kelvin (Calvin?) is Tom/Zeke right? Just because Kelvin took a hard bloody bump to the head doesn't mean he died. We know there are medical facilities on the island. Desmond was so distraught when he ran off that just because he thinks he killed Kelvin doesn't mean the guy was actually dead.
    No, Kelvin and Zeke are portrayed by different actors. I think that the Kelvin character did die, at least that's what my conclusion was. I think Desmond was pretty shook up by that and the fact that he was "used" by Kelvin.

RE: Penny's letter
    I felt so bad for him discovering that everything could have been different if he had opened that book sooner. I am hoping that in the final season, Penny is responsible for a rescue team to the island. Interesting that when she picked up the phone, the guy that called to report the spike in electromagnetic activity referred to her as "Miss Widmore". She seems to be waiting for her Desmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I loved this season's finale. The producers delivered on what they told us. They said we would learn how the plane was brought down and we did. They told us we would learn what happened when the button wasn't pushed and we did.

I have limited knowledge of science, but he electromagnetic build up makes at least some scientific sense. In simpler terms, it reminds me of a pressure cooker that cooks food faster because of the building of steam which must be released before the pot is opened. Or even a volcano with its build-up of superheated rock and gases that eventually result in an eruption.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Libby's back story and her involvement in what's going on. I noticed that her hair color is different in each place we've seen her -- blonde on the island, brunette in the hospital, and she looked like a redhead to me when she met Desmond.

This is still the best dramatic tv show I've seen since television's early days. I love the new questions that are posed as other things are discovered. It's like unraveling a well-constructed mystery.

When the Season 2 DVD comes out, I know I will spend a weekend hibernating and watching both seasons non-stop. Can't wait for Season 3.
    I'm with you! I thought the show was Awesome!

They did explain why the plane went down. My interpretation of Penny and the cold weather station guys, is that Penny may have felt her father was responsible for Desmond's crash/disappearance and hired her own team to find her Desmond. She obviously has some knowledge of the connection between Widmore and Dharma and the fact that the electromagnetism can make the island difficult to find. She probably been looking for Desmond since he disappeared.

I have questions as to what the failsafe key did - am hoping that it pacified the electromagnetic field. I would love for Desmond, Ecko and Locke to all be safe and sound. I am very fond of the Jack/Kate Sawyer trio, and hope and trust that they will also be safe and sound. Loved the look between Jack and Kate and ? on Sawyer's face before the hoods went on. And, Yes - I am hoping that Michael and Walt are safely on their way back home (But, I am not sure that I really believe that). Henry lies!

I hope that there will be something that allows us to find out Libby's backstory still - I need closure there. Again, I loved the season finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Cynthia was on Craig Ferguson's show Monday night
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and she didn't say it outright, but she hinted we'll see more of her next season via flashbacks. How she ended up in the psych ward, etc.
    At this point the Libby storyline seems pretty boring, and I could really care less about seeing any more of her. She's dead, she's gone, why waste our time showing stuff that doesn't matter? She was boring anyway. It sounds like FILLER to me. This show is great but it alienated a lot of people this season with all the scheduling irregularities, and will alienate the rest soon if it keeps filling up time with stories that go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander View Post
    I can't wait, even though I don't think season two lived up to season one, this is my favorite show on t.v. You'd think someone on that plane would be gay though.
    The % of gay people in the world is VERY small. Hollywood distorts people's perceptions immensely by writing 1 token gay character into every sitcom... that's not reality. I bet there are tons of planetrips that have no gays aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Oh thank God! I was afraid it was only me who felt that way.

I'm worried that this show is becoming so complicated that it's going to start losing people....just last nite my husband (who doesn't watch, but still gets to hear my comments, lol) asked me about the "predator-like" creature that was such a major issue in the beginning -- I had to admit I had no clue because that whole storyline seems to have been pushed aside (or at least I've never noticed it being resolved it any way).

I loved this show the first year and now after the second I still like it, but if something else was on at the same time that I wanted to watch more, I wouldn't think twice about missing it - I wasn't like that during season 1.

(BTW...when the part with the Russian guys on the boat started, did anybody else think it was actually a commercial at first? I'll admit that I did!)
    I agree with every single sentence in your whole entire post. And yes, I really miss the predator-creature too. This show is getting pretty bogus, expecting me to believe that a bunch of barefoot humans were doing all the survivor-snatching in the first few post-crash days. This finale was disappointing. The pre-finale hype was just that --> HYPE. They didn't even answer the questions they said they would answer; i.e why did the plane crash. Well, supposedly because Desmond was late pressing the button. But, still why did that cause the plane to crash? Nothing got answered; it was unsatisfying.

Lost has an uphill battle ahead to maintain its audience. I think people want more substance and reason that what the show has delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have limited knowledge of science, but he electromagnetic build up makes at least some scientific sense. In simpler terms, it reminds me of a pressure cooker that cooks food faster because of the building of steam which must be released before the pot is opened. Or even a volcano with its build-up of superheated rock and gases that eventually result in an eruption.
    I'm not seeing the logic. If enough electromagnetism gets built up in 108 minutes that daggers and furniture get sucked across a room, then how is pushing a button going to displace that amount of magnetism that quickly? And why would there be that many metal things in an electromagnetic hatch in the first place. This is just getting absurd. If there are that many metal tools around, why has no one started prying the mechanics of the button to see where the wires lead? What does this stuff have to do with the mysterious creature from season 1, or the black wispy smoke-monster from season 2 that Eko defied?

This show is a bunch of jr.high storylines, as if a teacher collected a 1-page fiction paper from each of 20 students, shuffled the papers, put the name "Lost" on top and sold that as a script in L.A. Having all the characters meeting each other pre-island isn't a substitute for a bunch of unrelated happenings. Who cares what Walt's powers were if he's gone now. Everything that happens in the show is either found to be meaningless after 2 episodes, or is never addressed in the script again, so what's the point? It bugs me that the producers blame ratings on AI instead of their own storyline. A lot of people tuned in to this series think it could be something incredible, and the writers aren't owning up to the viewer disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    Well this just leans even more to my theory that the turning of the key was the end of the Swan experiment that the scientists (or whoever initiated this experiement) were expecting. IMO it was a test of bravery, a test to see who had the gusto to give their own lives in order to save others. The people in the Swan were lead to believe that by turning the key, you basically kill yourself.
    But since only 1 (out of all the) test subjects knew about the key, wouldn't that be a pretty expensive and non-productive experiment? No self-respecting scientist would set up a test of that magnitude where the outcome would be so random. It was a fluke that Desmond ever had the key, in the first place. And there are lots of people in the world who have sacrificed their lives to save others. We don't need an island w/ electromagnetism and polar bears and slayings and kidnappings to test the human characteristic of "sacrifice".

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me which episode Eko saw the black cloud/monster? People have talked about him seeing visions in it, and I missed that when I saw it.

I just had a thought about the black cloud, though... the couple of times we saw it, it reminded me of those little metal shavings you see in kids magnetic toys - you know, where you draw a beard on a guy's face using a magnetic stick? What if the cloud is some underground store of magnetic stuff that starts to get released if the countdown in the hatch gets too close to zero? Maybe as the electrogmagnetic charge builds up, the stuff starts to move around, then when the charge gets released (by hitting execute) the metal shavings (or whatever) settle back into their resting place. And the few times we've seen it, it just happens that people have been in the same place at the same time that the shavings are moving around?

Just a thought...

Hmmmm.....anyone else notice that both Rozinsky (Kelvin's former partner) and Sam Toomey both stuck a shotgun in their mouth and pulled the trigger because of the numbers? Thought that was interesting...

+ Reply to Thread