+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 520 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99
    okay I finally finished s1 episodes after 4 days of watching them. i noticed some things (i actually typed this all out and accidentally hit back button and lost it all and i really don't feel like typing it all back out)

Jack's Tattoo on Left Shoulder. Every single shot of jack without sleeves on his shirt has his left arm in the camera shot. he always turns to his right when he's talking to someone exposing his arm and his tattoo to the camera. if you take a look at his tattoo and look at the symbol on the cabinet and desmonds uniform, it looks like one of the triangular pieces. maybe someone can decode or get a nice clear picture of his tattoo and we can examine it more clearly, including the chinese symbols also. There's got to be some reason they always show it.

Desmond in the stadium. he ALWAYS had a smile on him, something is fishy with that and the whole "lift it up" thing, I think we are going to find out what that means on wednesday. Also, for people saying about his DNA on the water bottle, if you look, its a squeeze bottle and Jack does not put his mouth on it at all, so that theory has to be thrown out.

Like someone else said about the God references, I think there are some STRONG relations to that in this with the virgin mary statues IN the episode of Claire having the baby. maybe something is up there, and if not, then the directors have really fooled everyone.

That's all for now, I am absolutely pooped. i have only moved from my chair in the last few days to eat and to go to class. I think bed seems nice now. PLEASE let me know what you guys think about this. I'm really trying to get deep into this series since it is absolutely amazing and since i stopped gambling, this is my new addiction
    Welcome to FORT exjeff99! This is a much cheaper addiction than gambling, but just as involving, as you can see from the 1000's of pages on FORT. Now that you've finished viewing, as a true addict you can scroll down to the Season 1 thread of LOST and really lose yourself!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    TV appearances:

10/7 Dominic Monaghan - Jay Leno

regarding the symbol:
    The inside has a yin/yang design, but instead of white and black shapes, there are two black shapes. evil evil ?

Quote Originally Posted by kc_chris

First, at the beginning of this series - JJ Abrahms made it clear that there would be nothing on the show that could not be explained by logic or commonly accepted explanations (I'm paraphrasing). So - not to pick on any of you - but when you come up with theories about stuff like aliens, clones, Desmond stealing everyones DNA and re-creating them on the island, secret tunnels that go to the other side of the earth, time machines, or other "unusual" explanations for things.... you are probably letting your imagination get the best of you. Sure, there are unusual things going on. But I think that we have already seen how things that seem completely unusual can have realistic explanations. Yes, it is odd that everyone seems/is connected.... but that is really not THAT unusual.

Now, with that said... you definately have to suspend common belief to understand what all goes on with this island. Yes, the numbers are strange. Yes, we still don't know exactly what the mystery noise or the "monster" is. But, even with things that once seemed supernatural (such as a compass going berzerk), we now know that there can be a logical explanation.

So, my only comment is that we (and I'm guilty too) shouldn't spend so much time looking for far-out explanations for what is happening.... and instead should try to figure out logical - real-world solutions for what is happening.
    What I read is that there are Mulder and Scully explanations for everything that happens on the show. That doesn't mean that all the Scullys cancel out the Mulders. Aliens, government conspiracies, who's to say those don't exist in the first place? The Truth Is Out There.

I can think of rational explanations for many things, but not for Locke's legs or the numbers.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    thanks PWS. but what about that tattoo. i know Lucy said that its probably just matthew fox's tattoos, and thats what i thought too, but as i was watching the whole first season, it really looks like the producers are aiming the camera at him and making him stand in that way all the time when talking to someone, you never see his right arm facing the camera. i'm just sayin maybe if someone can get a good picture of his tattoo on here, we can look at it and examine it more closely

Re: Jack's tattoos

Here's an article that translates the Mandarin characters and identifies the poem they came from.

http://www.ece.neu.edu/~xzhu/lost_tatoo.html
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    "This four characters are taken from a famous poem written by Chairman Mao Tse-tung (MAO Zhedong). It can be roughly translated into "Eagles high up, cleaving the space" (transl. A. W. T.). But the poem itself has a much deeper meaning. In the end of the first stanza, the poet asks, " who masters fate's rise and descent?" (transl. A. W. T.)."

who masters fate's rise and descent? so that means hes the leader and he is the only one who can save the people on the island? that's the symbols, but what about the triangular piece above the 5? it looks like one of the outer parts of thesymbol. any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    Thanks for the link, lemon! A lot can be figured out from those photos.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It looks like Michael, Jin, and a possibly wounded Sawyer have clung to a piece of the raft and got themselves to shore, on a different side of the island. Here they encounter the Flight 815 survivors from the tail section. (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje whose character is named Dr. Ako. Nice and convenient that a doctor survived both parts of the crash. Something tells me he's not Rose's husband though. Also Michele Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia Cortez, Jolene Blalock as Nikki, and Cynthia Watros as Libby.) I also went to IMdB and found that Locke's nasty father will reappear in episode 3. Along with the famous "Helen", played by Katey Sagal. (Bad casting if you ask me.) Looks like Desmond will be around for at least 3 episodes. And the tail-section people seem to have dug a pit, as a trap for possible predators.

Thanks to hepcat for the link with the floorplan of the hatch! Someone really did a lot of work on that.

And I agree with totoro and SQUATMAN, I think Walt is saying "Press the button."

And to kc chris: I think the creators of the show originally said everything could be explained with "pseudo-science". That leaves things fairly wide open.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Thanks, hepcat , for the link to the bunker map! Interesting stuff!

I also agree that Walt is saying, "Press the button."
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Lea
    Do we know if Locke had the kidney surgery at the same hospital Jack worked at? If so that would kind make sense as to what SQAUTMAN is saying.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    If there is a hospital connection amongst all of the survivors, can we make an7y connection to Rousseau and her group of crash survivors? Did they perhaps have some similar connection? I can't remember if we know anything about her from before she landed on the island. Of course that might be stretching, since I think her whole crew knew each other before setting out, so it wouldn't be out of the question that they attended the same hospital (or whatever.)

Hmm...I think I've just completely contradicted myself. Wouldn't be the first time!!

+ Reply to Thread