+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    I honestly don't see how Michael will be able to exist on the island in season 3. Obviously the other castaways will find out about his plan and that he killed A-L and Libby (Sayid is already suspicious), and I don't think that the Others would have a need for Michael, as all they really want is Walt. This is just me speculating, but I suspect that they will either reduce Michael's role in season 3 to just appearing once or twice as an outcast, or just kill him off next week or at the start of season 3.
    That's exactly what I thought after watching. I think the producers are getting us ready for the fact that Michael will be killed in the season 3.

Why did Michael's compass work when Locke's didn't? Why does the magnet affect things only sometimes in the bunker? Nice clean plastic bag for blood sample. Season finale next week?
    Count your blessings!

I thought the slingshot Zeke tossed to knock out Michael was a bit laughable.

I cried like a baby when he got to see Walt, heartwrenching! I also like that Klugh is pronounced "Clue", I kind of imagined her with a giant arrow on her or something.

I'm glad they are catching on to Michael's weak attempt to make up a story. Also, is it me or is it just weird that Claire would so readily shoot up her and the baby with whatever is in those vials. Ummm no thanks, especially not from a former drug addict.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

elk

When I see Qboots' Avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Q, thanks so much for the fantastic recaps. I watch the show but always miss something but I don't fret 'cause I know you'll have caught it! THANK YOU!

(Everytime I see your avatar, I wonder if you've bought the DVD set for "Here Come the Brides." )
    ...the tune from "Hey Little Woman" gets in my head! Is there really a DVD set for Here Come the Brides? I loved that show (and Bobby Sherman) when it was out.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    I honestly don't see how Michael will be able to exist on the island in season 3. Obviously the other castaways will find out about his plan and that he killed A-L and Libby (Sayid is already suspicious), and I don't think that the Others would have a need for Michael, as all they really want is Walt.
    In last night's flashback when the Other's first captured Michael, Beardy said to Pickett "We need him" or something along those lines.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    In last night's flashback when the Other's first captured Michael, Beardy said to Pickett "We need him" or something along those lines.
    The big question there is what they need him for. If it's information about Walt's childhood, that's short term. If it is for his ability to infiltrate the Losties, that's going to end once Sayid comes up with his plan. If on the other hand it's for building their "colony" some how, then it's long term, and it's good news for Michael.

I do agree that his usefulness next season may be very limited. But at the same time, the Losties have a tendency to be rather forgiving. Last night, there really wasn't any mention of Sawyer feeling some how vindicated that the woman who killed Shannon was dead. Ana Lucia was shunned for a bit, but not so much that she couldn't survive with the group. Well, until Michael came back on a mission, but that was unrelated to Shannon.

I think the only thing they really needed him for (other than info about Walt) is to get The Artist Formerly Known as Henry Gale out of the Losties hatch and back in their camp.
    Here are the people who have seen people where they shouldn't have been. (I apologize if this has already been mentioned)
    Shannon & Sayid: Walt (Shannon saw him a total of 3 times. Sayid only saw him once right before the shootout that killed Shannon)
    Hurley: Dave
    Jack: Dad (A total of 3 times I believe)
    Kate & Sawyer: Black horse (Kate saw it twice. Sawyer once)
    Eko: Ana-Lucia & Yemi (last week)
    I think that is it.
    I don't know if that's what they meant by "Has he ever appeared somewhere he shouldn't have been?" though. Those were visions.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 05-18-2006 at 10:44 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie
    I think one thing that's worth noting is that two weeks ago, we all thought Michael was lying. He described the camp of the Others as consisting of tents and tepees; he said they dressed in rags, and there were only about twenty of them, and they had little technology or weapons. They had a hatch door guarded by two men, each with guns, but nothing the Losties couldn't handle. Of course, we'd seen what Kate discovered -- the costumes, fake beards, and so on. We've seen what Claire experienced. We knew this wasn't accurate, so we figured Michael was lying.

Now we've seen that he wasn't lying. What he saw was exactly what he described. So...why? Why did Claire see them as they really were, whereas Michael has only seen the facade? I assume it's because they expected to keep Claire until Aaron's birth and then kill her without her ever returning to the castaways, whereas they knew they were going to send Michael back. So we can assume that at this point, Michael is more or less redeemable -- he hasn't seen too much yet. But Walt? It's like Henry Gale said: they'll never let Walt go. He belongs to the Others now, whether he wants to or not.

Hmmm.

We can accept the premise that Walt is unusually powerful in some way, right? So...what happens if the Losties punish Michael in kind for killing Ana-Lucia and Libby? In other words -- what if it's not the Others who kill Michael, but it's Our Heroes? What if Hurley finds out that Michael pulled the trigger? What'll stop Walt from joining with the Others and becoming a very dangerous problem?

Did anyone notice when the doctor said to Walt. "Do you want me to put you back in that room?" This may be way out there but I wondered if that had to do with when he appeared to Shannon? Maybe they put him in a place he did not like and he used his powers to "escape". Hence may be why she was asking Michael some of those questions. They know that he can do it? Maybe I am not making any sense but it was something I thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
    Did anyone notice when the doctor said to Walt. "Do you want me to put you back in that room?" This may be way out there but I wondered if that had to do with when he appeared to Shannon? Maybe they put him in a place he did not like and he used his powers to "escape". Hence may be why she was asking Michael some of those questions. They know that he can do it? Maybe I am not making any sense but it was something I thought about.
    Maybe it's a holodeck?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread