+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Hey, USA Today reported this morning that for next season, "Lost fans will find fewer repeats interrupting its intricate mystery: Original episodes will be clustered in longer chunks after an October start."

Yea!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I just got around to watching my tape of Friday night's Jimmy Kimmel show. It was pretty funny. JJ Abrams was directing it and kept interrupting Jimmy. At the beginning of the show, Jimmy told JJ that he had to enter some numbers into a computer or else they'd have a bad show. Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) was pretending he'd had a falling-out with JJ since JJ spends all his time with Tom Cruise now. Greg Grunberg (the pilot) was sitting in with the band, playing bongo drums. Apparently he's going to be in a new show in the fall (since Alias has been cancelled) but it's not on ABC. Jimmy siad "That's the guy who crashed the plane in the first place. How come he's never been held accountable?" There was a scruffy bearded guy in the audience who really looked like MC Gainey, but I can't be sure. At one point he did some backwards-speak like the dwarf used to do on "Twin Peaks". And they kept doing a take-off on "Mission Impossible": Jimmy would peel his face off and it would really be JJ, JJ would peel his face off and he'd really be Dom, etc. Pretty entertaining program all round. They showed one clip from "Lost" with Charlie and Eko, but no secrets were revealed of course.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    This was just posted on the Sci Fi channel website. The last paragraph explains the new schedule for Season 3.

ABC To Premiere Six Degrees

ABC announced on May 16 that Six Degrees, a one-hour drama from the creators of the hit SF series Lost, will premiere Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT in the fall. From executive producers J.J. Abrams and Brian Burk, Six Degrees will tell the story of six very different New Yorkers who go about their lives without realizing the effect they're having on one another. Yet. A mysterious web of coincidences will gradually draw the strangers closer, changing the course of their lives forever. Is it happenstance? Fate? Is there a greater force at work in our world, guiding us along and connecting our lives?

The show stars Jay Hernandez, Erika Christensen, Bridget Moynahan, Dorian Missick, Hope Davis and Campbell Scott.

Meanwhile, ABC is expected to revamp the air schedule for its hit SF series Lost, Variety reported. ABC announced that Lost will remain in its current Wednesday 9 p.m. timeslot, but will air in two blocks of original episodesóone in the fall and one in the springówith a hiatus midseason. This would eliminate the current on-again, off-again schedule of new episodes and reruns, while giving ABC a midseason opening to air a new show. ABC presented its fall schedule to advertisers, affiliates and the press in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642 View Post
    ABC announced that Lost will remain in its current Wednesday 9 p.m. timeslot, but will air in two blocks of original episodes—one in the fall and one in the spring—with a hiatus midseason.
    Hmmmm.......sounds like what FOX did with Prison Break. I think I could live with that.

The Six Degrees show sounds interesting.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    You know, that actually sounds OK. At least this way everyone will KNOW for certain when the breaks will be, instead of leaving most people guessing.

And it makes sense to debut the new season in mid-October, as the S2 DVD is coming out October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Greg Grunberg (the pilot) was sitting in with the band, playing bongo drums. Apparently he's going to be in a new show in the fall (since Alias has been cancelled) but it's not on ABC. Jimmy siad "That's the guy who crashed the plane in the first place. How come he's never been held accountable?"
    That would be NBC's "Heroes". Part of the new wave of vaguely "Lost" inspired shows (inspired by the fact that it's vaguely "fantastic" I suppose--I'm not the one making these comparisons, it's all over the mass media...)

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ph...allery?index=4

And it's not even a JJ Abrams production! It's being done by the guy who produces "Crossing Jordan" and who used to do "Providence" and "Chicago Hope".

It has a fairly killer cast, but you can already kind of tell it's in a very risky timeslot (Mondays at 9PM). Sure, it's leading "Medium", which could help, but it's likely AGAINST "24", unless FOX moves that. The one spot of good news for Greg's new show is that Monday Night Football on ABC no longer exists.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642 View Post
    This was just posted on the Sci Fi channel website. The last paragraph explains the new schedule for Season 3.

ABC To Premiere Six Degrees
    And in the "isn't it ironic" department, JJ Abrams starred in 1993's "Six degrees of Separation" -
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108149/

.... which I might add was a very fine film, after having seen it on Broadway as a very fine play ...
    Do not taunt happy Fun Ball

Yet another great article on Lost on Newsweek.com, and yet again, not able to post a link, but the easiest way to find it is to go to msnbc.com, go to newsweek, and click on entertainment. Possible chance of spoiler, but not enough to ruin it for you!
    Go Tigers!

I have a new theory about the LOST island....

I'm thinking it has to do with the "Bad Twin" clue. I'm thinking that the island started out as an experiment by a rich man for good stuff.... But his twin brother, saw it as a way to take over for evil...and has sabotaged things to go awry.

Okie, back to the show. Carry on.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

my husband and I were just talking about the fact that LOST is going to air all episodes in sequence next season with no repeats. I told him it's because of a new show coming on (though I couldn't remember what one had to do with the other) and he said "Wait. It's called....FOUND"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread