+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 520 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Let's just hope Charlie doesn't go nuts and shoot him now.

Aww man, I'm not getting sound for that Walt link....

And maybe someone should tell Jack and Locke that they Can't Get Off The Island w/in the next 30 days! That should light a fire under their bums.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14

Wait for the whole thing to load. If you have dialup, you'll have to wait a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14

And maybe someone should tell Jack and Locke that they Can't Get Off The Island w/in the next 30 days! That should light a fire under their bums.

Perfect, Karen
    (where have you been? (Or have I just been missing you in the threads?))
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

OK, so I went off seaching to see if I could find a Walt Backward Clip my stupid dial up computer could process. But, alas, tis still an enigma for me. But, I did find this that I could see. I didnt think I saw this posted here before, if so, sorry for posting again.

If it is legit, it is a BIG spoiler. I hope the link works:

http://www.foxmod.com/lost/lost.html

ADKLove, I've been lost in my own BB6 world of live feeds and for some reason spent most of my computer time dedicated to that. Thank goodness it is over. Now I can move on w/my 'normal' FORT life.

ETA: I could hear the walt clip at the bottom of this page. was too low, i'll have to listen again, but it skeeered me...
    Last edited by karen14; 09-26-2005 at 10:10 PM.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    I'm sure Qboots can answer this. I have a super duper slow connection and keep getting disconnected so I can's read all the posts. I know desmond was in that bunker with all equipment from the 70's. The mainframe (wow remember when they were HUGE?), the record player, etc. I know he was "quarantined", but I wasnt' sure how many knew that those were vaccinations he was injecting? I saw someone saying "steriods" but my husband assures me this was the way of giving vaccinations in the 1970's, and he IS a doctor. (However I don't know if this was also a way of injecting steriods and my husband is insisting that it IS vaccination). So if these are all items circa 1970's, then how did Desmond show up at the hospital in the late 90's.

I'm very very very impressed with Qboots pickup about Shannon's dad, you are a god.

Am I getting confused or didn't Lockes mother tell him initially that "God" was his father whilst she was trying to manipulate him? Then the cargo plane had the herion in the virgin Mary statuettes. Just wondering if there was some religious undertones that I was missing since I am not christian...anyone want to fill me in?

Can anyone tell me what the walt link says? My pc keeps disconnecting and I have to start all over again and have yet to open the link.

Yes - she told him he was conceived immaculately (he had no father) I made the connection with the VIrgin Mary statues as well.... as for where to go with that

Everwhere I try to go from what I know is in huge leaps and bounds - no connection or purpose...very vague......I guess that's why JJ Abrams and Damon make the big bucks, and I post online
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    Can anyone tell me what the walt link says? My pc keeps disconnecting and I have to start all over again and have yet to open the link.
    It is apparently saying (backwards) Don't press the button. The button is bad.

That is what has been said and it sounded like that to me too.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Thanks Karen.

So, what ARE the theories on Desmond? Anything viable?

And just a little pet peeve of mine here...why is it that JJ doesn't make my man Naveen cut his nails?????? It is so very distracting that in one scene Sayid has long well groomed, manicured nails (much much nicer than mine!!!) and the next he has them short again and this cycle keeps repeating itself. When you have a show which has "no coincidences" and everyone dissects each scene, then why have this kind of discrepancy??? Well I LA LA LOVE Naveen anyway so I always pay extra attention to him as it is. Alas, he is hot enough to get away with the feminine nails, but lets keep them at one length through the whole day!

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse
    I'm sure Qboots can answer this. I have a super duper slow connection and keep getting disconnected so I can's read all the posts. I know desmond was in that bunker with all equipment from the 70's. The mainframe (wow remember when they were HUGE?), the record player, etc. I know he was "quarantined", but I wasnt' sure how many knew that those were vaccinations he was injecting? I saw someone saying "steriods" but my husband assures me this was the way of giving vaccinations in the 1970's, and he IS a doctor. (However I don't know if this was also a way of injecting steriods and my husband is insisting that it IS vaccination). So if these are all items circa 1970's, then how did Desmond show up at the hospital in the late 90's.
    The reason your husband is insisting they are vaccination vials is because that is how you would vaccinate masses of people with the same dose, with that air pump thingie. In this case, I don't think it necessarily means it is a vaccination. Maybe they thought it looked more impressive than just shooting up, or maybe they thought if he was giving himself a shot it would look like an illegal drug.

In the commentary on "The Moth" on the DVD, Dominic (guy who plays Charlie) says that the network wouldn't allow them to show Charlie shooting up heroin, which is why he's only seen putting it on his gums or snorting it. He says that as far as he knows, no one snorts heroin but that's the only option the networks gave them. So maybe the fancy apparatus Desmond used was a nod to the network, too.

I'm flummoxed about Desmond, myself. Either he's something supernatural that showed Jack miracles are possible with the healing of his patient. Or he's something scientific, like someone living in hiding charged with protecting something from invaders, or conducting an experiment on the island, you name it. What with the spoiler Karen linked to (which was the spoiler if you put in a code on the Lost page where the barcode is), I think the show is going in a scientific-slash-conspiracy-theory direction.

ETA: Ooh, someone sent me a link to a Lost fan's live journal. He has mapped out the hatch, and has a series of pictures to show why he thinks what goes where. (Someone spent a lot of time on this!) Worth a look.
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/lostanswers/340.html
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-27-2005 at 12:00 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread