+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

What? Gone but not forgotten? That goes against all that is healthy for human continuance and growth.

American Idol has really messed up my viewing of "Lost". I love the Qboots recaps, but I'm still pretty-much all mixed up about this season.

I agree with the person who posted about the love-hate relationship w/ Sawyer. I love/hate him too. He encapsulates all the things I hate about men, plus all the (shallow)things I love about men too. I think his love/hate persona makes him the most believable character on the show. Let's face it -- in real life everyone is multi-faceted... loveable and hate-able, depending on which day you catch them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    . If they don't tell us anything more on Libby backstory, then that will be my made up ending of what happened to her.

One spoiler I read said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Libby lent Desmond her boat - I don't remember if it was for his race? That would explain the 'gone but not forgotten' comment - if she shows up in his flashback(s).

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I love the Qboots recaps, but I'm still pretty-much all mixed up about this season.
    I think this season has been hard to keep track of - adding more layers and blind alleys without resolving questions from last season. (but I still love it)
    Last edited by cricketeen; 05-12-2006 at 03:04 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    interesting episode...

my first thought was that Locke and Eko would see the murder of AL and Libby on tape, but i guess that would be to easy.
    What was really frustrating was the way they laid out the fact that only 8 hours are recorded and then gone over. So their window to see this is small. Next episode MIGHT still be in time, but if they DO see it before it's gone over I think Locke and Eko will not return back to tell the rest of the Losties for another episode or two. They wouldn't bring Michael back to the show for such a short arc, and they aren't going to put him in the same position as FakeHenry was, so I think he's got to continue to get away with his act.

I'm also curious if Eko's fanaticism is supposed to fall in line with the "great man" leading The Others or against him. I don't think we've seen the end of Locke's new skepticism either, and I think there will be some deciding moment where Eko and Locke come into full conflict.

I also get an even stronger feeling than before that The Others themselves are puppets too. I mean down to and including their so-called leader.

I still think we are heading for some pseudo-scientific explanation for all of this, up to and including the million and one "coincidental" meetings of people in the pre-Island world. Not real science, mind you, but some gobbledygook with Quantum and Chaos Theory terms thrown in a blender.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Know what would be interesting? If even the people in the Pearl Station were being watched....

LG.
    I believe that Eko and Locke both noticed a camera clearly visible in the Pearl, so the assumption was that they too were capable of being watched. Creepy. What's next, people monitoring your phone calls?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    Creepy. What's next, people monitoring your phone calls?

Too funny!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Well since the people in the Pearl were supposedly also being watched, were THEY the actual experiment? Could it be that the Hanso people chose people to push a button that actually DID have a good reason for doing it, and then they chose people to monitor those people, but told those people that the Swan people were the actual experiment, when in fact it was the Pearl people who were the experiment?

There was a really great article about the show, and it's future, along with some input from the cast on Entertainment Weekly's website. A few theories will have to go out the window (for instance some people elsewhere have thought it might turn out to be kinda like The Wizard Of Oz) , because Matthew Fox did say that "No one will be waking up anywhere else." So he apparently knows at least enough to tell us that they ARE physically on the island.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    There was a really great article about the show, and it's future, along with some input from the cast on Entertainment Weekly's website. A few theories will have to go out the window (for instance some people elsewhere have thought it might turn out to be kinda like The Wizard Of Oz) , because Matthew Fox did say that "No one will be waking up anywhere else." So he apparently knows at least enough to tell us that they ARE physically on the island.
    Ah. But what if they are all clones of real people still out there in the "real" world?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Ah. But what if they are all clones of real people still out there in the "real" world?
    Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhh!! Krom, you just HAD to be just like the writers- In other words, they, and now you, are literally driving me to drink....more than I usually do! Dang it, this whole show just may be the thing that pushes me over that fine line between sanity and insanity!
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread