+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    I just watched the preview in slow motion. Michael was INJECTED with something when he was captured by others.

MRD
    Poor Hurly. I was crying along with Kate. This was just tooooo sad.
    I wish she had been able to say more than just Michael at the end.

So is Eko now supposed to restore Locke to a "man of faith" ???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I just watched the preview in slow motion. Michael was INJECTED with something when he was captured by others.
    I thought I saw that. I'm going to watch again.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Okay just checked the transcripts for last week. Sawyer called Locke Brutus not Jack. Also, I honestly thought Claire's psychic was blind. Do we have a time line of when all these flashbacks happened to when the crash happened?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The commercial for the Hanso Foundation ...

anyone notice the disclaimer in the lower left; something like "paid for by Sprite" ?

I have no idea what that means.
    Do not taunt happy Fun Ball

Okay. Just checked the transcripts for "Raised By Another" and I was wrong. He wasn't blind.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Just for people who want to know: At the beginning dream sequence, when Eko's brother was inputting the numbers into the computer, all of the numbers and letters were all question marks for a reason. In dreams, most of the time, there are never letters or numbers. They never appear in dreams. I think it has something to do with the right side of the brain and the left side of the brain. When dreaming, one side (the side with visions and colours) is working differently than the other side (the side with numbers and letters).

I dont remember the exact reasoning, but it was logical for the writers to make the keyboard all question marks, since it was an actual dream.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    Just for people who want to know: At the beginning dream sequence, when Eko's brother was inputting the numbers into the computer, all of the numbers and letters were all question marks for a reason. In dreams, most of the time, there are never letters or numbers. They never appear in dreams. I think it has something to do with the right side of the brain and the left side of the brain. When dreaming, one side (the side with visions and colours) is working differently than the other side (the side with numbers and letters).

I dont remember the exact reasoning, but it was logical for the writers to make the keyboard all question marks, since it was an actual dream.
    But I'm sure someone here will replay this slowly and tell us what letters/numbers they WOULD have been if they weren't question marks! Hint, hint!
    PS Very interesting about numbers/letters not being in dreams, never heard that before. Will have to pay attention in my next dream to see if there are any signs, etc. Do people "hear" numbers in their sleep? As in, we are late, we are supposed to have been there at 3?

Quote Originally Posted by TARrific View Post
    The commercial for the Hanso Foundation ...

anyone notice the disclaimer in the lower left; something like "paid for by Sprite" ?

I have no idea what that means.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If you go to thehansofoundation.org and the minutes on the time is 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 the time on the page will change to obey. Click that and it will send you to www.subLYMONal.com. I'll let you figure out how many times you click the screens. But Anyways the site is owned by sprite.

Omigosh, I am so excited about this episode, particularly the pairing/bonding of Locke and Eko. I absolutely loved Locke at the beginning of Lost. He seemed so confident, capable and aware. What it seems to me now is that he was falsely confident due to the physical gift he had received, and his faith was based solely on that. Since then, his 'faith' has been slowly eaten away -- particularly evident when he commented acidly about how Boone died -- (with sarcasm) "The island demanded a sacrifice" (I'm paraphrasing). I felt so sorry for him in the Pearl bunker with Eko. He looked absolutely and utterly defeated (what an amazing actor he is) and had every lick of faith stripped from him. But I see in Eko a purity of faith that I really hope will again begin to build Locke up in his faith -- a solid faith that is not based on the use of his legs. Now I'm asking myself, faith in what? In the island? No, not really. Faith in God, in a higher power? Yeah, that's probably it. But knowing Lost, not that straightforward.

I amused myself when Eko was climbing the cliff and I said out loud "Be careful". Then I had to laugh as I realized what person climbing a cliff would be anything but careful? Locke made me feel better when he pointlessly told Eko the same thing...

I should know better, but when Libby interceded between Eko and the not-dead girl in the airport, it seemed very forced and unnatural. I don't see any point in it. Oh no, yes I do. It does prove that Libby, although she still could be an "other", was actually on the plane after all.

And a last observation: weren't Beta tapes in 1980 much larger than the one they played? Also, wouldn't the orientation film in the first bunker that they discovered (can't remember the name) predate the one that they found in this episode, as the first one was on reel-to-reel film, wasn't it?

Really did like this episode. I liked knowing with certainty that remote viewing has been used, and whether or not the plane crash survivors are still part of the experiment or not, there was experimenting going on on the island at some point. I also loved seeing Sawyer genuinely concerned about Libby, and comforting Kate at the end. TPTB are very good at making me hate him, then love him, then hate him...
    Last edited by fougette; 05-11-2006 at 04:05 AM.
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

+ Reply to Thread