+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 520 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    What does Walt say?

Here you guys go
    http://waltreversed.ytmnd.com/

Keep in mind this isn't the mumble, it's what he is really supposed to be saying.

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    Last edited by lemon_drop; 09-26-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

Twiddler - very interesting post, and so building off of that....
    Here are my ramblings/random thoughts - warning - its very stream of consciousness kinda writing here

I think the submarine was brought up in Season One thread (by myself and a few others (not THOSE kind of Others ) ) so of course I follow your line of thinking. Interesting that you mention the scuba thing: in reviewing Season One, a Locke flashback episode (the second one) "Deux Ex Machina" the camera pans to his father's mantle/shelf - which shows Locke's father was a world traveler of sorts as well. In fact, the camera clearly shows a scuba picture (interesting what you pick up on in viewing Season One after the premier of Season 2)
    Which got me to thinking perhaps Locke's father was there before??: Locke's father says : I have no family (even after he knows Lockes is his son which is why he sought him out through his mother in the first place. ) Which got me to wondering was the mental institution Hurley was in the same one Locke's mother had been in???? (I'm guessing definately) and also got me to thinking about how no one on the island REALLy has any family./father. Locke - a father (of sorts) but no real family. Also - please note his mother called him (Locke) SPECIAL in that episode, and mentioned that this was his destiny - and would lead to great things (paraphrasing here)

Michael - no family (Walt named after his father, who we are to assume has died) Walt - DIDN"T have a father (Brian abandoned him) and said he was SPECIAL. Jack - no, and prior to his death he had Lost him, too. Kate - nope - methinks she killed her father which is why her mother was so freaked out and scared when Kate visited her prior to Tom's death; - Sawyer -no family/no father. Jin SAID he didn't have a father. Sun's father was someone Jim once said "in a perfect world she would hate her father, not me" and they have to family. Claire mentioned her mother - but not her father, and her baby has no father. (He must be SPECIAL, too) Hurley has a mother, but no father (maybe that had something to do with why he was instutionalized)... Charlie - . Only a brother was ever mentioned. Boone/Shannon - her father (or his) apparently died in the hosepital, and now Shannon REALLY has no family on the island. Sayid - no family that we are aware of....
    so no family -
    but Desmond called Jack brother. In another lifetime.

Hmmmm

Looking for connections......

Is Locke's father the father? Of all of this? (Well, the bunker at least?) He's obviously wealthy - and has surveillance cameras all over the place (a la Desmond)... did Kate's father (the hunter) know Locke's father ( a hunter)?? Was he sick and needed kidney due to the island??? Was Locke's mother on the island? Is that why she was institutionalized???

Sorry for my rambling/speculation - no conclusions, just raw thoughts.

One last thing - if, in Season Five (or whenever) everyone else gets off the island - whattaya wanna bet Locke stays - and takes over residency in the bunker..... Hmmmm???

I'm and obsessed!!

Oh - and the Numbers? Still no clue!
    Last edited by ADKLove; 09-26-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    You know, reading through this it makes me wonder if I'm even really watching the same show as everyone else. I might as well be watching sportcenter or something for as much (or in my case, literally as LITTLE) as I catch on my own!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Shoot - one more thing I meant to add (too late to edit now)

Locke (to his boss) uttered the phrase "Don't tell me what I can't do"

Jack (while tending to Boone's life threatening injuries) uttered the phrase "Don't tell me what I can't do"

Hmmmm
    WHat's it mean???
    Got me up a tree - just thought it was interesting.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Locke also said it to Boone in Deus Ex Machina. I know because that's what I'm up to in the DVD right now.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I believe Locke also says it to the guy who won't allow him to get on the bus for the walkabout in Australia. If I recall correctly (I haven't gotten the DVDs yet!) he yells it out the door after him.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    I believe Locke also says it to the guy who won't allow him to get on the bus for the walkabout in Australia. If I recall correctly (I haven't gotten the DVDs yet!) he yells it out the door after him.

Yep, you're right, he does. Wow, I really suggest getting the DVDs to any fan out there. They really help you remember things, and they even show you things you might have missed the first time.

On another note, for those wondering what exactly happened to cause Sarah (Jack’s soon-to-be wife), this is from her pre-wedding speech, given in ep 20 ‘Do No Harm’: “I blew a tire out, flipped over the center divider into oncoming traffic and was hit head on by an SUV.”
    And another interesting note, she also said something along the lines of “Because of Jack, I will dance at our wedding.” Now if you watched last week’s ep, you’ll know that Sarah mentioned to Jack about dancing at her upcoming wedding. Nice little touch of continuity there.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I also didn't get the feeling that Desmond recognized Jack at all in the bunker. Could Jack's intial meeting with him in the statium have been a vision? He did appear to him at a time of severe distress, both physical and emotional. Of course, it's been a few years since that brief meeting...
    I got the feeling that Jack had been having flashbacks to the time of Sarah's accident, so therefore Desmond was fresh in his mind, while for Desmond that might not be true. Also for Jack that was a very memorable day...from despair in the stadium to stunned happiness in Sarah's room...so he would remember it better than Desmond would a random encounter on one of many stadium runs he'd done around the world.

I also didn't get the feeling that Desmond recognized Jack at all in the bunker.
    I had the opposite reaction. I thought he didn't look surprised, but that the way he hesitated and said "brother" forcefully showed that he knew Jack and was expecting him. Maybe he saw him peering down into the hatch after it was blown (through the mirror/telescope gadget)? Also, why would he remain out of site with the gun on Locke at first unless he didn't want to be seen and recognized? It felt like he was trying to stay anonymous, then couldn't because the moment got tense; then when he revealed himself, he was looking for a reaction in Jack.

Seems like a sneaky little smile, like, "Gotcha."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread