+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    So she'd have to have some roots showing by Day 63 unless Sawyer has some Miss Clairol in his stash.
    That's assuming that she is a brownette and dyes her hair blonde. But she could be a blonde who dyed her hair brown at that time.

Or.... the one in the hospital could be "an evil twin," or could the Dharma people be indulging in a bit of cloning?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Okay. T-minus 21 hours and 45 minutes and counting until tomorrow's episode. Yes. I'm obsessing. Hey, it's the only thing I look forward to on TV on Wednesday nights.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    So she'd have to have some roots showing by Day 63 unless Sawyer has some Miss Clairol in his stash.
    Or she traveled with her own favorite brand and found her suitcase and hauled her MC across the island.... Wouldn't surprise me if Sawyer had some either! But... what would he want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Michael was charged with killing Ana directly. Henry referred to Goodwin coming to Ana-L's defense with the Others, and she killed him. Henry seemed pretty upset with Ana for killing his colleagues. By extension, whoever is leading the Others out there may have given Michael the task of freeing Henry and killing Ana-Lucia.

My feelings as well hepcat. I found the preview scene with Michael leaning against the wall with a bandaged arm interesting - immediately to his left, (our right side of screen) is what appears to be someone lying on the cot. A face is just barely discernable - can't tell who it is though, I think it may be Libby, but I could be mistaken. I think Michael is waiting there to find out if she will pull through or die.

LG: There may be one other possibility for Henry knowing that AL killed Goodwin. The Others may actually have some type of audio or video equipment, that allows them to monitor things going on in different areas of the island. Perhaps in the hatch itself, so they could have overheard a conversation at one time or another.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...10_2006_1.html

Exclusive: Lost Star's First Post-jail Q&A
    by Shawna Malcom

Talk about a rough couple of weeks. On April 25 Michelle Rodriguez — who was slapped with a DUI in Hawaii in December — opted to go to jail rather than perform 240 hours of community service. (She was released after serving four days of her five-day sentence.) Then, on May 3, her Lost alter ego, ex-cop Ana Lucia, was gunned down by Michael in a where-did-that-come-from twist. Just days after getting sprung from jail, the free-spirited Rodriguez called TV Guide to spill on leaving ABC's hit series and doing time.
    TV Guide: Producers swear to me that the only way you'd sign on to Lost was if they agreed it was just for a year. True? Michelle Rodriguez: Yeah, that was the deal from the beginning.

TV Guide: Why? Rodriguez: The biggest fear for me is being in one place for too long. I'm a gypsy. If I stay somewhere too long, it's trouble, as you can see from what happened. [Laughs] And for what I want to do in my career... it'll be harder for me to get an independent film. Artsy-fartsy directors don't want to work with a famous TV actress. They want somebody who's not in the limelight all the time.

TV Guide: How did you feel when you read the script in which Ana Lucia dies? Rodriguez: Well, the boys [executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse] kept their promise — they made sure I went out with a bang. But it was pretty wild. Every time I go to Hawaii, I have a spiritual experience. That place is just amazing. I got into tip-top shape, I stopped smoking, and then — boom! Time to go.

TV Guide: So you had started having second thoughts about leaving? Rodriguez: Yeah. That's exactly what happened. Story of my life!

TV Guide: Did the cast offer support? Rodriguez: Oh, we partied our butts off! We had so much fun. I didn't know Josh [Holloway, who plays Sawyer] could play the guitar the way he does. He's got a good voice on him, too. Hey, I'm here to play. And learn. Life's a big, giant school. I could be staring down the barrel of a gun and I'm like, "Oh, I wonder what I'm supposed to learn from this." [Laughs]

TV Guide: And what did you learn from your arrest? Rodriguez: It was stupid to drive [drunk]. But it's something I did because — I honestly believe — I was agitated from the steroids. [Rodriguez had been taking steroids for allergies since arriving in Hawaii.] And I did a lot of stupid stuff that didn't involve just drinking. I was very "energetic" — put it that way. [Laughs] That's a big lesson: Think twice before taking your steroids!

TV Guide: A lot of fans didn't like Ana Lucia. Did that surprise you? Rodriguez: Not at all. When producers [decided to have Ana Lucia kill Shannon], I was like, "What are you doing? They're gonna hate me!" But in the middle of the season, the fan mail started to pour in and it was all positive. People were like,"OK, you're not such a bitch. Can I have your autograph?"

TV Guide: Did you opt for jail because you knew you wouldn't be sticking around Hawaii long enough to do all that community service? Rodriguez: That's a decision I would've made even if I did have to be back on the show.
    TV Guide: Why? Rodriguez: Because if I'm gonna do something for the community, I need to do that on my own accord. I don't like being told to do things for the community. I'd rather be in jail for a few days than be told what to do for a month.

TV Guide: What was jail like? Rodriguez: It was so cool! [Laughs] I love people, and it was a primal crew. The only thing that keeps them going is fighting for salt and making dice out of soap. It was an amazing experience. I wouldn't take it back for anything.

TV Guide: Weren't you even a little scared? Rodriguez: At the end of my day, I have a really good belief in destiny. It's, like, if I'm gonna be killed in there, I'm gonna be killed in there. But people were cool. I represent the people, you know what I mean? If somebody picks on me, they'll get what's coming.

TV Guide: Did somebody pick on you? Rodriguez: I didn't have to handle myself is what I'm saying. I had love in there. People got where I'm coming from.

TV Guide: How did you spend your time? Rodriguez: Drawing pictures for everybody on their shirts. Writing poetry. And singing show tunes with the girls. [Sings] "It's a hard-knock life... for us." I'm not surprised they kicked me out early. [Laughs]

TV Guide: You were having too much fun? Rodriguez: Yeah.

TV Guide: So, you're out of jail and out of a job. What now?Rodriguez: I'm going to start a clothing line. I thought it'd be a good idea because I can't rely on a paycheck from Hollywood. I don't want to have to do some sci-fi movie that I think is really awful. I'm tired of that. So I'm gonna go make my own money and then decide whether I want to do something in Hollywood, instead of doing it because I need to.

I finally got to see the ep this morning and I am thinking that Michael was given a task by the Others with the agreement that he would get Walt back. I don't know what ALL it might contain, but I am sure A-L's death and Henry's escape are a part of it. It will be interesting to see what happens to tonight. Esp. since Michael has a lot of explaining to do. Not everyone seemed to trust how he got back as well. I question his whole, they are just a lot of women and old men, no weapons and easily taken. It sounds like he is taking them into a trap.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Since Kate said "She's dead" in the promo, I'm assuming that only A-L dies right away. With Libby, maybe it's the same thing that happened with Boone: she's fatally wounded, but it'll just take a while for her to die. The writers will probably have her unconscious when the other castaways barge into the hatch. They'll see all 3 of them lying on the floor (well, A-L on the chair). Michael might be rithing around in pain. Michael will obviously tell them that Henry escaped and shot all 3 of them. Since Libby and Michael are still alive, they'll probably put those 2 somewhere to recover. I'm betting Libby wakes up when only Michael is around her, and he either kills her or lets her die.

What I'm having trouble with here is how is Michael going to explain the logistics of Henry getting the gun and escaping? What reason could Michael give to Jack and the others for him going into Henry's room with the gun? And how is he going to explain why A-L was shot on the chair? When 'Henry' shot Michael, there was obviously a loud gunshot. That would have alerted A-L that something was wrong, and she would have investigated, instead of just sitting in that chair and waiting to get shot.

T-minus 8 hours and 40 minutes here in MA
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    What I'm having trouble with here is how is Michael going to explain the logistics of Henry getting the gun and escaping? What reason could Michael give to Jack and the others for him going into Henry's room with the gun? And how is he going to explain why A-L was shot on the chair? When 'Henry' shot Michael, there was obviously a loud gunshot. That would have alerted A-L that something was wrong, and she would have investigated, instead of just sitting in that chair and waiting to get shot.
    CC - I think this is exactly why Michael killing A-L was a crime of opportunity. Micheal was talking to AL and she told him that Henry had attacked her, that she had gotten a gun from Sawyer, and that she (AL) wanted Henry dead, but that she couldn't do it. Michael also knew that Locke had rescued AL from Henry's kung-fu grip, so Locke would know that AL wanted him dead. Micheal knew that AL had a weapon and the combo to the door, and that Locke knew she had a motive to go in with a gun and try to kill Henry. The story is AL opened the door, Henry overpowered her, grabbed the gun and started shooting. Michael and Libby were bystanders who got shot. Micheal's not planning on standing in the doorway - I think he's going to be moving AL over by the door and himself towards the chair or something like that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    CC - I think this is exactly why Michael killing A-L was a crime of opportunity. Micheal was talking to AL and she told him that Henry had attacked her, that she had gotten a gun from Sawyer, and that she (AL) wanted Henry dead, but that she couldn't do it. Michael also knew that Locke had rescued AL from Henry's kung-fu grip, so Locke would know that AL wanted him dead. Micheal knew that AL had a weapon and the combo to the door, and that Locke knew she had a motive to go in with a gun and try to kill Henry. The story is AL opened the door, Henry overpowered her, grabbed the gun and started shooting. Michael and Libby were bystanders who got shot. Micheal's not planning on standing in the doorway - I think he's going to be moving AL over by the door and himself towards the chair or something like that.
    Sounds good, L.G.--it's not like they can do DNA testing to see whose blood is on the chair, floor, etc. And really, if Ana hadn't gotten a conscience at the last minute it could have happened like that. Henry had overpowered her once already (tho you'd think that would make her twice wary).

+ Reply to Thread