+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 520 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 5191
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

  1. #431
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    A poster on Somethingawful pieced together the mural from different screencaps. It's like trying to read petroglyphs.



    He pointed out this in the corner:



    Aliens? It also kind of looks like a submarine to me.

    The eye looks like a rhebus to me: the eye for "I", then maybe "m sick" for I'm sick? What does the arrow and the "out" mean? 108 has shown up as the sum of the mysterious numbers, so that's one more number reference. Also, looking at it from a distance, it kind of looks like a warped map to me. Like the blue part in the middle looking like waves. I see the word "stop" on the bottom left.

    That arrow is interesting...could it be a cable? Like the cable that is running into the ocean? I always wondered why they didn't try to follow that cable, either into the surf a bit or with the raft. Where could it go, another archipegalo in the region or to manmade platform?

    ETA: Or waves crashing on a beach, with survivors on the beach (stick figures)? I keep coming back to stare at these.
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-25-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  2. #432
    Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    A poster on Somethingawful pieced together the mural from different screencaps. It's like trying to read petroglyphs.



    He pointed out this in the corner:



    Aliens? It also kind of looks like a submarine to me.

    The eye looks like a rhebus to me: the eye for "I", then maybe "m sick" for I'm sick? What does the arrow and the "out" mean? 108 has shown up as the sum of the mysterious numbers, so that's one more number reference. Also, looking at it from a distance, it kind of looks like a warped map to me. Like the blue part in the middle looking like waves. I see the word "stop" on the bottom left.

    That arrow is interesting...could it be a cable? Like the cable that is running into the ocean? I always wondered why they didn't try to follow that cable, either into the surf a bit or with the raft. Where could it go, another archipegalo in the region or to manmade platform?
    wow thats amazing!! it does look like a map... and at the bottom left... there are fish randomly placed.. so i think you might be right.. that could be a map UNDER the ocean!!

    at first i thought the sepperate picture looked like a persona hanging from a tree.. but now thinking about it.. i think it looks like a submarine!

    oh wow i am excited for LOST!!

  3. #433
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    I as well looked up the name and found the munster referance... but I also noticed that Desmond is like the name "Desdemona" which means daughter of the devil or something like that!!

    So it looks as if he is evil... who would have guessed!!
    Desdemona means wretched one, ill-fated one. Which makes sense when you think of Desdemona in Othello. Desmond did seem rather wretched in his subterranean cave.

    Here's one for Desmond, connecting him to Dr Jack:

    O! Send MD. Or O! Ends MD
    (Admittedly you have to use the poetic form of Oh.)

    Interesting that the number 108 appears in the sun, since the sun is usually referred to as something which gives life.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-25-2005 at 10:56 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  4. #434
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    I think I see "oui" in the middle of that mural there. Or it could be "out." Or scribbles. That thing looks psychotic. But it has to have meaning. I know I see the word "sick."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  5. #435
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    I saw a commercial during Desperate Housewives saying "over 31 million viewers watched the season premiere of LOST", so they are rerunning it right before this weeks' episode on Wednesday.

    Zap2It seems to have different ratings numbers (23 million), but I'm not sure what ABC bases their numbers on. Either way, those are incredible numbers and supposedly some of the best ever for the show.

    zap2it
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

  6. #436
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I think I see "oui" in the middle of that mural there. Or it could be "out." Or scribbles. That thing looks psychotic. But it has to have meaning. I know I see the word "sick."
    It looked like Out to me, and it's right by the big arrow...the way out?

    There does seem to be some momentum to the show right now, Muggle. I wonder if it's because people bought the DVD? I came late to this show, read people's opinions and wanted to start watching it. The DVD was less than $40 for the whole season, which seemed pretty reasonable to me, so I bought it even though I don't usually buy TV series on DVD. Or maybe it was just having to wait all summer for the hatch cliffhanger.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  7. #437
    The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    It looked like Out to me, and it's right by the big arrow...the way out?

    There does seem to be some momentum to the show right now, Muggle. I wonder if it's because people bought the DVD? I came late to this show, read people's opinions and wanted to start watching it. The DVD was less than $40 for the whole season, which seemed pretty reasonable to me, so I bought it even though I don't usually buy TV series on DVD. Or maybe it was just having to wait all summer for the hatch cliffhanger.

    I'd say it's a really good deal for such a low price. Normally, half-hour episodes of shows on dvd are about $1.50 an episode, so a normal season of a sitcom would be about $35-$40. S1 of Lost, each episode is an hour long, and there's 25 episodes (a higher number of eps compared to other shows). 25 Lost eps is comparable to 50 half hour eps of another show, so really you're paying less than $1 per normal 30 minute episodes.

    plus, when you factor in how much this show RULES, it's an even bigger savings!

    so yeah i would say that the dvd sales, and word of mouth from friends telling other friends over the summer how great the show was (prompting said friends to buy the dvd to to see for themselves) helped increase the momentum that is Lost.

  8. #438
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,152
    hepcat glad you were able to see the show thanks to lildago!
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    What if Desmond offering Jack the water bottle was a way to get a sample of his DNA?
    I thought it was very observant of you to catch the DNA sample, and agree that might be relevant. It is hard to say what is going on - but I am thinking there is some type of genetic replication. Based on the fact that the TPTB
    Click to see Spoiler:
    said the twins in S1 finale were supposed to be a clue or answer to us, that we didn't get until they told us. Jack's dad looked so real to him, and then he led Jack to the water and caves; probably intentional. If the castaways are guinea pigs, someone might just want them to live awhile.

  9. #439
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    Wow! I'm even more excited about this season after reading throught this thread! I've got to be more observant as I watch! (Or record and watch after my kids are in bed so I can actually hear!)
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  10. #440
    Prophet of St. Hurley Twiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat


    Aliens? It also kind of looks like a submarine to me.
    Or, perhaps, it's suppose to mean Desmond was captured and forced into the bunker?

    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    What does the arrow and the "out" mean? Like the blue part in the middle looking like waves. That arrow is interesting...could it be a cable? Like the cable that is running into the ocean?
    Well...here's my theory....the arrow is pointing to the waves, and the word "out" is beside the arrow. There also seems to be a head sticking out of the waves. Perhaps it means that in order to find a way out, we must stick our heads underwater? Hmmm...oh...wait a tick....Desmond's a world traveler, aye? Maybe....just maybe...for some reason or another....he was out scubadiving underwater somewhere....when the submarine captured him....took him to the island.....Maybe the cable leads to the submarine, underwater, and the way out!

    Hmmmm....oh...the houses. It shows a few houses on the mural....maybe they represent "family" or "home"? Maybe the people responsible for Desmond's capture and the plane crashing just wanted to make a great big family? And when someone dies....it's because they don't want that kind of person on the island? And the ghost of Jack's dad....maybe the brought him back because they wanted him in their great big family?
    Last edited by Twiddler; 09-26-2005 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.