+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 520 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    Actually, if you wil remember, back in episode 17, "In Translation", it was revealed that Jin actually saved the man from being killed, by just beating the snot out of him instead of the man in white killing him. So there's been no evidence given that he is actually a killer. In fact, there's more evidence that he would never kill someone.
    i agree! It was evident that jin DIDNT want to kill that man!! I think obviously thats what the father had / may have used him for... but that doesnt make HIM catergorized as a "killer"!!

Can anyone make an anagram out of Desmond the way Ethan Rom was an anagram?

If there was an "a", you can make Dosed Man. It makes you wonder what his last name is. (I got this from another board - very creative people out there.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Mons ded ? Possibly meaning the monster is dead. Or at least our perception of the monster actually being a monster.

FORT Newbie
    Well, without the s and d desmond spells demon...

Demons. (extra d)

Somewhere I read/heard that every name in the show has significance and is not a coincidence.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Demons. (extra d)

Somewhere I read/heard that every name in the show has significance and is not a coincidence.
    For interest, I looked up the meaning of the name Desmond. This is what I found.

One site says it means "man of the world" - interesting for those who think he has some sort of spiritual element. Would this name deny that link? Or not? A similar name is Esmond which means "protective grace," which seems to correlate with the spiritual element to Desmond's appearce. Another site actually has Desmond as meaning "Gracious Protector." Another religious connection could be that the most famous Desmond around is Bishop Desmond Tutu (I don't know much about Desmond Tutu so I don't know of any possible personal correlations between him and Lost's Desmond).

Another site mentions the etymology of the name, saying its original meaning was from south Munster (Munster is one of the provinces of Ireland. It was also one of the kingdoms in ancient Ireland). South because they are in the Southern hemisphere? Munster = Monster?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    For interest, I looked up the meaning of the name Desmond. This is what I found.

One site says it means "man of the world" - interesting for those who think he has some sort of spiritual element. Would this name deny that link? Or not? A similar name is Esmond which means "protective grace," which seems to correlate with the spiritual element to Desmond's appearce. Another site actually has Desmond as meaning "Gracious Protector." Another religious connection could be that the most famous Desmond around is Bishop Desmond Tutu (I don't know much about Desmond Tutu so I don't know of any possible personal correlations between him and Lost's Desmond).

Another site mentions the etymology of the name, saying its original meaning was from south Munster (Munster is one of the provinces of Ireland. It was also one of the kingdoms in ancient Ireland). South because they are in the Southern hemisphere? Munster = Monster?
    I as well looked up the name and found the munster referance... but I also noticed that Desmond is like the name "Desdemona" which means daughter of the devil or something like that!!

So it looks as if he is evil... who would have guessed!!

Ok...so, apparently,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    later in the season, well...by the fourth episode, actually....we meet the tail end survivors. Ana-Lucia....Libby...and Mr. Eko, a big black dude who beats the crap out of Sawyer, Michael, and Jin before dragging them off to his camp. Now...I don't know if they gave Rose's last name or not...but could Mr. Eko's first name possibly be....Bernard?

Well, if Desmond's name can mean good things, it's possible he isn't evil. I know it doesn't look that way, but perhaps he was put in that bunker against his will.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Can anyone make an anagram out of Desmond the way Ethan Rom was an anagram?

If there was an "a", you can make Dosed Man. It makes you wonder what his last name is. (I got this from another board - very creative people out there.)
    Anagrams of Desmond

EDMONDS
    DOD MENS
    ODD MENS
    ODDS MEN
    MED NODS
    MED DONS
    MEND DOS
    MEND SOD
    MENDS DO
    NEDS MOD
    DENS MOD
    SEND MOD
    ENDS MOD
    Nothing overly promising, though it is true we don't know his last name yet.

+ Reply to Thread