+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    lol. i was about to post that earlier when it broke out here in hawaii but forgot to.

i know a person who had higher alcohol level, caught speeding/weaving in traffic , and actually side swipped a car with kids in it. and guess what, got a lighter sentence than rodriguez herself. license suspended, fined the same as watros, and about 120 hrs of comm serv.

her being at OCCC, oh well, she should be nervous. at least she is owning up to her mistakes. and in the article i read she did say

"I kind of have to get back to my life, go back to making some money," Rodriguez said outside the courtroom after pleading guilty to driving under the influence. "It kind of gave me a hard hit. ... I'm human."
    but again, its LA she should be worried about.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

LG.
    I think that this was not Rodriguez' first offense, that she's had other driving offences (I can't remember, is this her second DWI) which is why she had a pretty severe sentence. And she should get a severe sentence. What if she would have had an accident and killed someone? Drunk driving is serious stuff.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    It would have been funny if she was fined $108 dollars, had to spend 8 days in jail and had to do 42 hours of community service.

And it would have been even funnier if her community service was to push a button.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    And it would have been even funnier if her community service was to push a button.
    HA HA! That's great! I would've opted for the community service, which came to about 10 days of service vs. the 5 days in jail (4, since they counted her one night in jail as a day already served)...but maybe she just wanted to get it overwith... or she was worried her storyline would disappear!

FORT Fogey
    I can't tell from the TV guide synopsis - is tonight's show a clip show, or is it a real new show?

FORT Fanatic
    her lawyer said she opted jail time because it would be hard for her to do community service while people coming up to ask for autograph...and its more of a distraction if she did community service...wont be able to accomplish whatever is needed. i guess, its the better decision anyways. she can sit in the cell and reflect on what she did and need to wise up.

but like what i mentioned earlier, its her LA history is what she has to worry about. the 5 days is nothing compared to 16 mo.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    I can't tell from the TV guide synopsis - is tonight's show a clip show, or is it a real new show?
    It's a clip show of what happened this season, I think.

If any of you have friends who you want to get hooked on the show, make them watch tonight to get them caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    ...And it would have been even funnier if her community service was to push a button.
    Good one! I was surprised she picked jail, but it was probably a good decision for her.

Florimel: I heard the new online game is called Lost Experience on ABC. This from the ABC Lost News site.

April 24, 2006 -- "Lost" fans around the world will get a chance to start unlocking secrets about the mysterious island that has become an international obsession.

In what's being hailed as the largest interactive challenge based on a TV series, ABC and 19 other networks stretching across five continents are introducing "Lost Experience" an Internet game that will feature a parallel story line that will give insight into the top-rated show.

The first clue will air on a May 3 episode, but network executives aren't saying how the game will launch or whether the critical clue will come during the broadcast or as part of a commercial break.

No further information for "Lost Experience" is being released, and network executives say future clues could pop up in any part of the world and on any medium. Fans from different countries will have to reach out to each other and trade information if they want to start sleuthing.

"The game reaches back into 'Lost' history and looks forward to future episodes," said Mike Benson, senior vice president of marketing for ABC Entertainment.

You don't need to be one of those hard-core fans who've memorized every episode, he said. "We wanted to make it so that if you watched 'Lost' from the beginning or if you've never watched the show before you can get into this."

The game is specifically designed in a manner that is not dependent on information from season one or season two.

In its rise to the top of the ratings chart, "Lost" has already pioneered unconventional approaches to marketing that play off the show's eerie tone, including a Web site for Oceanic Airlines, the fictitious company that operated the plane that crashed in the first episode.

"When we built the site for Oceanic Airlines, we wanted to do something that was different from all the other TV show sites," Benson said.

"What we discovered was that by creating additional content for this show, we could create a marketing tool that would have fans more invested in the program, and if it was cool they'd share with their friends."

While the Oceanic Airlines site added some realistic dimension to the show, "Lost Experience" is an entirely more ambitious effort.

"The show breaks so many rules, and we're really trying to do the same with our marketing and be organic," Benson said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=1881142
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

No updates tonight kids. The episode is called "Lost: Reckoning" and is a recap of season 2, with a couple scenes from season 1. (The raft sets sail, Walt is abducted, they blow the hatch open.)

The only excitement tonight was the CTV preview for next week:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A flashback shows Ana Lucia in an airport bar with Jack's dad! She says to Christian: "Why would I want to go to Sydney with you?" And Christian says something about fate bringing people together. There was also a shot of Ana Lucia kissing Sawyer. That makes it official: the wench must DIE!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Well Lost: Reckoning has just aired here in Canada. It was just a recap episode but I'll still put my points in spoiler backets.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The episode didn't touch on a few things, such as:
    -Desmond leaving the hatch.
    -Sun burying the bottle.
    -Shannon getting shot.
    -Eko and Charlie looking for the plane.
    -any showing/talk about the monster.
    -Charlie hiding all those statues and his subsequent hallucinations.
    -Claire, Kate and Rousseau looking for the medical hatch.
    -Hurley seeing Dave.

Really, the episode focuses a lot on Michael, Jin/Sun, the Jack/Locke feud, and Hurley/Libby.
    They even flashed back to some parts in season one, such as the blowing open of the hatch, and "we gonna have to take the boy" (my personal favourite quote from season 1).

I can understand why they didn't show everything, we've already had one flashback episode this seasn.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The only excitement tonight was the CTV preview for next week: [[...]]
    Another point of interest from the preview was that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    after the kiss, they panned the camera to the gun, so I assume that A-L was kissing Sawyer to get ahold of Sawyer's gun.
    Last edited by Canada Champ; 04-26-2006 at 09:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread