+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
    Just wondering, but....whatever happened to the CO-pilot? I mean....don't all planes have both a pilot and a co-pilot? How awesome would it be if it turned out that Fake Henry is not just an other, but also...the co-pilot!
    I just recently watched Pilot(1) and when Jack opened the cockpit door, a dead body fell out. This, I think, was the co-pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum View Post
    Okay, so answer me this: if the island has these magical, curative powers then why does Sawyer still need glasses to read, Charlie was still a heroin addict and Hurley and who knows else still may or may not have mental problems?

Maybe it's all a dream that Vincent is having. (Hey, no dumber than the end of St. Elsewhere.)
    In the first season, didn't Locke's paralysis return temporarily when he was in the jungle with Boone? I would think the island, or those running things on it, could take away as easily as give. Or, is there is a reason for who gets cured and who does not?

I don't recall seeing any indication that Hurley's mental illness had recurred until he got close with Libby.

Do we know for sure that Jin was infertile before the crash or was Sun just told that by the doctor? Does anyone remember? I really hope the baby is Jin's because they are a fascinating couple, but I admit it adds more drama if there is uncertainty.

I don't have trouble with the rate at which we are being given answers. I love puzzle solving and find it intriguing. Besides, given the amount of time the survivors have actually been on the island along with the deaths and dangers they have faced, could they really be expected to have found all the answers?

I seriously doubt this series will end up as having been anyone's dream. And with 52 weeks in a year and 24 new episodes per season, it would take some Dharma miracle to avoid the reruns.

The only problem I have with this show can be found in my signature.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    In the first season, didn't Locke's paralysis return temporarily when he was in the jungle with Boone? I would think the island, or those running things on it, could take away as easily as give. Or, is there is a reason for who gets cured and who does not?
    Yes, he was having weakness in his legs & he collapsed at one point & had to be helped by Boone. As I recall, it was right around when they found the plane & that's why he had Boone climb up to the airplane (well, at least in part. If I was Locke I would have made the young buck do the climb as well. ) Maybe the "magical island" knew that climbing on the plane would be deadly and didn't want Locke to die so it threw him the paralysis curveball temporarily. Who knows?

Do we know for sure that Jin was infertile before the crash or was Sun just told that by the doctor? Does anyone remember? I really hope the baby is Jin's because they are a fascinating couple, but I admit it adds more drama if there is uncertainty.
    Sun was told that by the doctor. Whether he was in fact infertile...well, I guess it depends on whether we choose to believe the doctor was telling the truth or not. Or if anyone knows someone who was previously impregnated by Jin. Anyone?

The only problem I have with this show can be found in my signature.
    With ya on that one!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum View Post
    Okay, so answer me this: if the island has these magical, curative powers then why does Sawyer still need glasses to read, Charlie was still a heroin addict and Hurley and who knows else still may or may not have mental problems?

Maybe it's all a dream that Vincent is having. (Hey, no dumber than the end of St. Elsewhere.)

The healer Rose went to see in Australia said that there are places on earth that have healing powers. Then he couldn't cure her and told her: This is not your place to be healed.

So maybe the island isn't the place to heal Sawyer or Charlie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    A while back, I heard about some spoilers, or at least I think I did. There were as follows:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ana-Lucia finds the rope going into the ocean and follows it to find an underwater bunker/hatch.

Sawyer and Locke find Cindy in the jungle, beaten up and unconscious.

Does anyone remember these spoilers? Or are they just fake/misinterpreted spoilers? I can't remember.

Canada Champ, something like that happened in the remake of "The Fog". I will spoil just in case.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    An old man was searching the beach with a metal detector. The detector led him to a cabel (the old chains that used to be attached to the old pirate style ships). He picks it up and follows it into the water (like an idiot) and gets killed by the fog.
    Perhaps that is what you are thinking of?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    A while back, I heard about some spoilers, or at least I think I did. There were as follows:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ana-Lucia finds the rope going into the ocean and follows it to find an underwater bunker/hatch.

Sawyer and Locke find Cindy in the jungle, beaten up and unconscious.

Does anyone remember these spoilers? Or are they just fake/misinterpreted spoilers? I can't remember.
    I, too, remember reading something about the first one you mentioned. I don't necessarily recall it being that person involved but that spoiler does sound familiar. I don't remember anything about the second one, though.

It's probably already been posted but is there a way I can find out the synopsis of the next new episode (Two For The Road)? This way I know what to look forward to when Lost returns.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    It's probably already been posted but is there a way I can find out the synopsis of the next new episode (Two For The Road)? This way I know what to look forward to when Lost returns.
    http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Two_for_the_Road

Click to see Spoiler:
    Flashback: Ana-Lucia Cortez

Synopsis
    Jack and Kate bring an exhausted Michael back to the camp, and with him, news about "The Others." Meanwhile, Ana Lucia attempts to get the prisoner to confess, and Hurley plans a surprise date for Libby.

Thanks Kay

+ Reply to Thread