+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Just watched the ep, and I gotta say, for 2 characters that weren't even supposed to be regulars, this was a good ep.

Maybe in Season 3, they can have more backstories, maybe even before they met eachother. Hey, if they can give Locke a full head of hair, they can surely afford to give Bernard a little hair dye.

Some off similarities to season 1 I've noticed. Last year, right before the Recap episode, Do No Harm aired (the episode where Jack tries to save an injured Boone, but Boone dies). Now, in S.O.S., at the very end, Michael stumbles in, looking possibly injured, or just possibly tired from yelling WAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTT for 7 episodes straight. Obviously from the previews we see that Michael doesn't die, but it's still similar, I think.
    Also, last season, Boone and Locke were out in the jungle digging up the hatch opening. This season, Charlie and Eko are out in the jungle building a church.

Was that thing Sayid and Charlie were building a few eps back something for the church?

Finally, one last note. Fake Henry doesn't have any eyebrows. That creeps me out.

It's near the end of season 2 and it seems the main storyline has hardly advanced since the season started. At this snail's pace, by end of season 8 we still won't know the answer to the black smoke, monster, etc.

I remembered at 5:00 this morning what that nickname was that Sawyer used for Bernard. It was Norma Rae.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Only 2 nicknames from Sawyer tonight. He called Jack Dr. Giggles and he used another nickname for Bernard I think. I can't remember what it was though.
    I believe he called Bernard "Norma Rae" (I suppose because of his worker-organizing activities.)

Yes, thank you. I remembered bright and early this morning. I didn't see the movie with Sally Field but the reason Sawyer called him that was because all the people he had delegated for jobs to build the sign kept dropping out one by one. This is also connected to Rose's comment about his "management problems"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD
    My husband has a Libby theory that ties in to the islands healing powers.

I have to preface this with: We lived in a small town that had a mental hospital and employeed a lot of the people in our town. So therefore we went to school with a lot of the dr. and psychologists kids. My husband has always said that the parents were the strangest people he ever encountered and he thinks that a lot (not all) psychologist go into that field to help their own mental illnesses (may not be founded, that is his belief, so don't debate me on this, I have no proof, just offering HIS opinion).

He says maybe Libby was a clinical psychologist and couldn't handle it, ended up in the mental ward with Hurley and later got released and now the island has also "cured" her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay, so answer me this: if the island has these magical, curative powers then why does Sawyer still need glasses to read, Charlie was still a heroin addict and Hurley and who knows else still may or may not have mental problems?

Maybe it's all a dream that Vincent is having. (Hey, no dumber than the end of St. Elsewhere.)

Just wondering, but....whatever happened to the CO-pilot? I mean....don't all planes have both a pilot and a co-pilot? How awesome would it be if it turned out that Fake Henry is not just an other, but also...the co-pilot!

FORT Fanatic
    yea what happened to the copilot and the rest of the "fronties"?

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    Ugh, another filler episode. More questions, no answers, and another 2 week "break". The writers, and the network, have really screwed up the show this season. I'm starting to not care.

I have felt that way many times this season, but this last Rose/Bernard Epi wasn't one of them. I was actually glad for them to confirm that whole magnetic energy stuff as having a connection to healing (although I don't understand it) - when Isaac talked about his place having really powerful energy but that it wasn't right for her, it clicked for me. The island energy is the right place for Rose, and Locke, and we know it's right for Jin, makes me wonder if these are people that the Others do want.

Jack told Kate the Others didn't want her, or him, and I suspect, they probably do not want Charlie, or Sawyer either. They may only want people who are sensitive to the islands type of energy. Eko has a story too, and though we don't know all of his past, I can see him as being sensitive to the islands energy.... so I will put him into the same category as Locke and Rose and Claire's baby Aaron.

This seems to be more of an ongoing experiment for the Others. Some of the survivors are perfect guinea pigs, and others are not useful to them.

The whole Henry Gale thing (to me) is another confirmation that he was sent to undermine and divide. His purpose was to cause friction/division and he has done his job. The Others have shown a willingness to trade, but on their terms- they will give up Michael, which they probably felt was another less useful GP, in exchange for Henry. Jack was right, they did hear him, they probably hear everything!

+ Reply to Thread