+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 520 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by auntie_sunshine
    Plus, I know I've said this before, but I'm SO curious what you all think about Desmond telling Jack in the stadium, "It looks like the devil's chasing you."
    (That might not be the exact quote but it's similar.) Any ideas?
    Oooh, that's a good point, Auntie Sunshine. And not only that, but at the end their discussion, as a solution to Jack's feelings of guilt at having told Sarah he would fix her when he knew that he couldn't, Desmond told Jack that (and I'm paraphrasing cause I can't remember the exact words) all that Jack could do was "lift it up"---which I first took to mean to lift it up to God in prayer, as is often suggested among Christians. Of course he then said that he meant the foot, but I wonder if that really is what he meant. And it was indeed a miraculous healing. So is he evil, or good? Hmmmm...
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

I was creeped out when Desmond said, "See you in another life."

One thing I was wondering based on everyone's talk here and other places on the internet, that taking the bar code spoiler into account
    Click to see Spoiler:
    where Jack seems to be fighting with himself? If that is a real page from a script and all that and not a red herring.

What if Desmond offering Jack the water bottle was a way to get a sample of his DNA?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Auntie_Sunshine Said:

"I know I've said this before, but I'm SO curious what you all think about Desmond telling Jack in the stadium, "It looks like the devil's chasing you."
    (That might not be the exact quote but it's similar.) Any ideas?"

desmond: whats your excuse??
    jack: excuse??

desmond: for running like the devil's chasing you . . .

Last edited by PhoenixTI6; 09-25-2005 at 02:34 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Hi! Love reading everyone's thoughts on this show. It's almost as much fun as watching the show.

I was thinking about Locke and how he's been made out represent faith or hope while Jack represents science/facts. I, like some of you, thought that maybe the computers in the hatch controlled what was happening on the surface of the island (ie. monster, voices, etc.). I can't think of why else computers would be needed on an island in the middle of nowhere. And if this is the case, what do you think Locke's reaction would be to find out that the Island is not some mystical force guiding everyone down a path it sees fit, but the work of a human-being using computers? Wouldn't this destroy his whole belief in what the island means to him?

And I think all of the weird things that have happened on the island could have been planned out and executed by a group of people. Except for the fact that Locke can walk again. That one's a mystery still...

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    The symbol seen on the medicine cabinet and the coveralls appears to be a corporate loge based on the Bagau. The center section of the bagau represents health, where the company name appears to be. Perhaps the underground facility is a secret research facilty for developing some sort of bioweapon (the monster).

I also didn't get the feeling that Desmond recognized Jack at all in the bunker. Could Jack's intial meeting with him in the statium have been a vision? He did appear to him at a time of severe distress, both physical and emotional. Of course, it's been a few years since that brief meeting...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-25-2005 at 04:51 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I don't think he's dead. The only scene I remember of his dad is when Jin goes back to visit him and tells him he's sorry for being embarrassed by him and that he had told everyone he was dead...And the father forgives him and tells him to take Sun to America and start a new life away from her evil father!

Although maybe him pretending his father was dead works into the theory?

Before I read all these posts, I got the impression that the opening scene of the episode Wed. was Desmond in his high tech apt. from the 1980's or so...but then unless he liked oldies, he wouldn't have been listening to Mama Cass. And then I thought he created his hatch to look as much like it as possible. But after reading all the insights here, I think it was his home away from home in the hatch all along...

The numbers are driving me crazy...I can't figure it out!

BTW, after seeing the horrible rug on Jack's head in the flashbacks, it just made me appreciate the wigs in the LORD OF THE RINGS films that much more...Legolas and Aragorn's hair looked real...
    But didn't Jin kill people for his gangster father in law? Maybe that ties in with the theory
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    Oooh, that's a good point, Auntie Sunshine. And not only that, but at the end their discussion, as a solution to Jack's feelings of guilt at having told Sarah he would fix her when he knew that he couldn't, Desmond told Jack that (and I'm paraphrasing cause I can't remember the exact words) all that Jack could do was "lift it up"---which I first took to mean to lift it up to God in prayer, as is often suggested among Christians. Of course he then said that he meant the foot, but I wonder if that really is what he meant. And it was indeed a miraculous healing. So is he evil, or good? Hmmmm...
    I think he meant it like that the first way and when Jack said what? He said: The foot, lift it up. I think it had two meanings. I took the lift it up to mean, lift up the problem, but also my feeling was that it was said not in the traditional Christian prayer sense. I don't know why I feel that way. But then again, maybe he did because Sarah's feeling returning was a miracle that medicine could not explain. Maybe Desmond is related to that Irish girl that was on Touched by an Angel.

But the first time he said lift it up it definetly had a different meaning than the second.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I was creeped out when Desmond said, "See you in another life."

One thing I was wondering based on everyone's talk here and other places on the internet, that taking the bar code spoiler into account
    Click to see Spoiler:
    where Jack seems to be fighting with himself? If that is a real page from a script and all that and not a red herring.

What if Desmond offering Jack the water bottle was a way to get a sample of his DNA?
    A DNA sample,now that's a interesting point.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe they're all on the island because they're all dealing with a death?

Jack's dad died, Hurley's grandfather died, Kate's friend, Tom, died, Shannon's dad died (if he's the one in the hospital when Sarah was brought in), Sayid's lifelong friend died.

This is just a thought.
    I thought about that too. Add Walt's mom. I also wondered, though, if it was a broader connection -- that they're all going through big life upheavals. Claire's having a baby she didn't want, Kate was captured and being returned, Jin and Sun were running away, Hurley's got cursed lottery winnings, Michael just got a son he doesn't want to take care of, Sawyer just killed a man, etc. It seems like virtually everyone was in the middle of a life-changing crisis when they got on that plane.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    But didn't Jin kill people for his gangster father in law? Maybe that ties in with the theory

Actually, if you wil remember, back in episode 17, "In Translation", it was revealed that Jin actually saved the man from being killed, by just beating the snot out of him instead of the man in white killing him. So there's been no evidence given that he is actually a killer. In fact, there's more evidence that he would never kill someone.

+ Reply to Thread